Not sure if this belongs here.....

Timber boxes were in short supply to cover this mishap at that time I think.

Jjz1109

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It is simply being a good host, reaching out to someone who is trying to reach out to you. The unwillingness to make this small of an accommodation goes to the reason that politics in this country in broken beyond repair. Consider the shit Republicans have been giving Chris Christie - not a favorite of mine by any stretch - but for the crime of giving the President of the US a hug at a time of national disaster he sees his poll numbers drop. I can give you a lot of reasons not to vote for him, but being polite to the President is not one of them.

All the Italians did was temporarily cover a few ancient tits to accommodate another leaders religiously mandated modesty. He did not destroy them, he did not demand they do it - only idiots would see it as a bad thing.

Typically, one defers or respects the host. When attending a Jewish wedding or funeral, men may decide to wear a yarmulke as a sign of respect. Western women often were veils to over their heads while in certain countries in the Middle East. You are in their world, and you respect their customs.

Not sure why you're interjecting politics here. But your last sentence gives some level of transparency - - you are willing to bend over backwards with political correctness to offer respect to someone in one sense, but lose respect and resort to slurs for someone who disagrees with you. Got it. So much for tolerance.

keenobserver

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Typically, one defers or respects the host. When attending a Jewish wedding or funeral, men may decide to wear a yarmulke as a sign of respect. Western women often were veils to over their heads while in certain countries in the Middle East. You are in their world, and you respect their customs.

Not sure why you're interjecting politics here. But your last sentence gives some level of transparency - - you are willing to bend over backwards with political correctness to offer respect to someone in one sense, but lose respect and resort to slurs for someone who disagrees with you. Got it. So much for tolerance.

SO, when Bebe, from Israel is hosted at the White House on Pork night, he should shut up and eat the ribs?

Jjz1109

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
SO, when Bebe, from Israel is hosted at the White House on Pork night, he should shut up and eat the ribs?

Have you ever been asked by a guest in advance what was being served for dinner? I have. And find it rude. It implies I don't know what's appropriate. I was brought up to eat whatever was served. If there was something on my plate I didn't like, I ate around it. Besides, we're talking about something bigger than food.

BTW. For what it's worth, nearly every Jew I know eats pork.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Not sure if this belongs here.....

related vibzz..

alleged-australian-jihadi-considered-using-an-exploding-kangaroo-1453982998.jpg

ASIA & PACIFIC

An Australian Teen Discussed 'Painting Islamic State Symbol on an Exploding Kangaroo'
By VICE News

January 29, 2016 | 1:15 am
As terrorist plots go, it's got to be one of the more unusual — an Australian teenager discussed packing a kangaroo full of explosives and painting it with the Islamic State's symbol before setting it loose on police officers, a Melbourne court heard on Thursday.

Sevdet Besim, 19, allegedly talked to a British teenager about the plot, which included plans to behead or run over at least one police officer during a parade on Anzac Day — an Australian remembrance day for veterans and soldiers killed in conflict.

The British boy, who cannot be named because he is only 15, was given a life sentence by a court in northern England in October 2015, after being convicted of sending thousands of messages to Besim and instructing him in a terrorist plot "shocking in its brutality and scope."

Besim pleaded not guilty to four counts of planning a terrorist attack, and will stand trial in the state of Victoria's supreme court. He also faces life imprisonment if found guilty.

Besim allegedly told his British acquaintance he was "ready to fight these dogs on there [sic] doorstep," according to court documents.

"I'd love to take out some cops," Besim is alleged to have said as the pair talked online. "I was gonna meet with them then take some heads ahaha."

An Australian Teen Discussed 'Painting Islamic State Symbol on an Exploding Kangaroo' | VICE News

keenobserver

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Have you ever been asked by a guest in advance what was being served for dinner? I have. And find it rude. It implies I don't know what's appropriate. I was brought up to eat whatever was served. If there was something on my plate I didn't like, I ate around it. Besides, we're talking about something bigger than food.

BTW. For what it's worth, nearly every Jew I know eats pork.

None of the Jews I know do - it is generally known that the Prime Minister of Israel eats a Kosher only diet - which excludes pork and shellfish - so nix the shrimp cocktails too when he visits. The point is the same, which is why I made it. Italy made an accommodation to this man's religious beliefs in the hopes of achieving something that would contribute to peace. We have always been wary of our international guests dietary concerns when they visit us at The White House as a simple matter of respect - that's all it is. The US still made a Treaty with Iran over Israel's objections but we at least respected their traditions when we sat down with them. We did not fundamentally cave in and demand the entire US go Kosher for a week - it just boils down to small gestures that can he helpful.

The previous political points I made were valid because the whole argument in this thread against Italy covering marble tits and asses is political - how dare they respect this heathen's religious sensibilities as if they sold the Pope into slavery.

And to your point about your own dinner guests calling - that's a shame - as a host I am aware of what mine cannot eat (religion or medical) and make sure that their needs will be accommodated when I extend the invitation - it's what a good host does. DUH. If I really am set on serving something someone I know cannot / will not eat, I don't invite them. I would probably call them and tell them what I am doing so they don't think they are not valued by me for not inviting them - but that's just me.

I don't eat seafood....yet I do not expect others to go out of their way to provide me a meal exempt of prawns or fish.

I really do not care what art my hosts have hanging on their walls, whether it be nudes or JC n a crucifix. Usually it makes for good conversation.

This post was about art, just like sport has been used by politics to boycott the Olympic games.

The Olympic games go beyond politics, or so we thought until the second world war, then the terrorist attacks in Germany, then the boycott of the Moscow Olympics. Athletics as Art have continued to be used.

It's about the world having tolerances for beliefs, nothing will move forward in this world if we cannot understand one another.

This world is a very small place, the majority of us understand, understanding. What the commercial media does is keep alive misunderstandings.

I agree the cover up was trying to respect his country's beliefs, I also, as most of us do, the covering was out of respect, but as has been mentioned, the media would have latched onto ancient naked statues and sensationalised this fact, not because it was the host nations cultural heritage.

Most of the world wishes to work together, but there is not much headline in that.