Not To Be

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well -

I have finally cancelled the house on Lake Michigan I had booked to have my wedding in June. It was booked for the weekend of June 21 - the summer solstice and the longest day of the year. In lieu of the wedding I had thought I would have a three day house party at the beach but that didn't end up being feasible. Also cancelled the villa in Jamaica where we were to have honeymooned.
It is just very upsetting to have the finality of canceling arrangements for what would have been a happy life well lived. A slap in the face and a reminder of what is not to be that I wanted so much. Well, it is done and thank God for valium and a glass of wine.
Speaking of - sorry to whine, just very sad at the moment.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm sorry Goodwood! :frown1: The end of a dream, the finality of cancelling plans for your future as a married man and dad is an awesome weight to bear. Trite as it may sound, you will survive this and you will come out on the other side a much better person. :cool:

As for it being better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all. I think it's bullshit. :12: It hurts like hell when love doesn't work out!

njqt466

What she said... It's not good to be alone. If your friends aren't around at this hour then find a chat room or something. My IRC friends have been a godsend to me.

Very, very sorry it didn't work out. You have a lot of changes in your life right now. Try to take them one at a time and yes, it does get easier eventually.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well -

I have finally cancelled the house on Lake Michigan I had booked to have my wedding in June. It was booked for the weekend of June 21 - the summer solstice and the longest day of the year. In lieu of the wedding I had thought I would have a three day house party at the beach but that didn't end up being feasible. Also cancelled the villa in Jamaica where we were to have honeymooned.
It is just very upsetting to have the finality of canceling arrangements for what would have been a happy life well lived. A slap in the face and a reminder of what is not to be that I wanted so much. Well, it is done and thank God for valium and a glass of wine.
Speaking of - sorry to whine, just very sad at the moment.
Im so sorry to hear this. Whine as much as you like and we will be here to listen.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Goodwood, sweetie I'm so sorry.....if only those words could bring you enough comfort.
All I can say is more fool her.
This just clears the way for the right one and better to know now before the wedding that it's not going to work than to say the " I do" and then have to go thru a messy divorce.
Hugs and Kisses
Dragonfly.
XOXOXO

B_sugarandspice

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You guys are wonderful. Thank you. Tears rolling down my face is not a good look for me. So I will get my ass to bed. Anyone care to join me? lol.
Have a great week!
I will!:biggrin1:
Wanna take a vacation?
I need to get to a warm place.
I might take off to Hawaii. I am still on South Pacific time and miss hanging out with my friend because I'm always sleeping at the wrong time.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sad.

The only cure is time, and the only analgesic is company. So spend as little time alone as possible!

BTW... you owe me a story/joke if you have the time (something about the missionaries if I remember correctly!) :biggrin1:

biguy2738

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Oh puhleeez

Dahlink: Glitterballs, "I Will Survive" and popping valiums with wine is just sooooo totally the 80's. Here's what I suggest:

We get together and paint each other's toenails with this absolutely divine shade of fuschia pink nail polish that I've just bought from the drugstore (we can sniff it between painting each toe nail if you'd like).
I have this gorgeous pink boa to match (I'm sure it will bring out the blue in your eyes), while my platinum and diamond encrusted tiara is just screaming out your name...oh yes, and we'll add a nice pair of Jimmy Choos to subtlely bring the whole ensemble together.
Oh all right, FINE! I'll lend you my Prada handbag as well.
But that's all that you're going to wear.
I'll play photographer, you can be the supermodel and when we've finished taking photos of your to-die-for poses, I'll feed you martinis until you're passed out, plaster this site with those pics and then ravage you until you come to, pass out and then come to again.

You like? Tough shit this is how it's going to be and there's nothing that you can do about it. :biggrin1:

While my mind is screaming with laughter at the thought of you posing in such delish attire, I would like to let you know that I'm sorry to hear such sad news. I be here for you buddy...even if you don't want to entertain such delightful fantasies of mine. :wink:

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sorry to hear this Goodwood. Sad and lonely isn't good for anybody.
It'll all work out for the best!:smile: