Notes from the 'frontline'

Donk: [quote author=mindseye link=board=99;num=1068262917;start=0#18 date=11/09/03 at 17:06:27]
How can I help but wonder -- why did so few of their victims say anything?  Why didn't more children -- tattletales by nature --  come forward?  

Vile as this topic is, maybe if it were a little less taboo, and people weren't so quick to suppress it the very moment it rears its ugly head, children might not feel such pressure themselves to not talk about it.
[/quote]

Come now, mindseye, I give you enough credit to believe you are perfectly capable of distinguishing between an openness that encourages the victims of child abuse to come forward with the facts about their victimization and one that encourages the would-be victimizers to publicly indulge their fantasies.

Discussion of the topic and problem of pedophilia is not taboo--we're discussing it now in a rational manner, and I don't think anyone here is defending it as a practice. Graphic stories about pedophilia and actual solicitations attempting to lure minors into it are taboo for a good reason.

Let me suggest another example in addition to your racist snuff topic, which is a good one. We might have a discussion (and I think it has been discussed at times) relating to Hitler and the Nazis. There is almost universal agreement, with the exception of a small fringe of people, that the Nazi regime represented pure evil. Most likely, in a typical thread on the topic, no one would pipe up defending the Nazis. Maybe some isolated nut would, and would probably be quickly shouted down and the board would go on about its business.

But suppose a handful of Neo-Nazis hijacked this board and essentially turned it into a forum for Nazi propaganda. Would it be appropriate to ban such material?

I'd encourage you to give the matter some reflection before reaching a conclusion. Please note, I'm not talking about jumping on an isolated post about any particular topic. I'm talking about people effectively taking over the board for their own purposes--purposes that would (justifiably, IMHO) alienate large numbers of other participatns. The point I'm trying to make is that it's not about whether Nazis or pedophiles have a right to express themselves, it's about whether they should be allowed to exercise that right here or if this board will remain a forum where people are free to express just about everything else.

Again, my hope is that these hypotheticals stay just hypothetical and the board goes on as a fun community where we can share thoughts.

gigantikok: [quote author=Donk link=board=99;num=1068262917;start=0#19 date=11/09/03 at 18:22:17]P.S. I forgot to mention that I find it a very hopeful sign that the "no nude photos" policy giganticok instituted in the "Young and Hung" forum has been respected and allowed to remain in place. [/quote]
Well, actually, I have been relieved of my title as moderator of that section. In light of certain events, Mark thought it best for that section not to be moderated. I am still in charge of the "Sex with a Large Penis" section, but I don't really know what Mark is doing with the Y and H section. He unstickied the "No More Nude Photos" post, and I am not quite sure where he stands with that.

Donk: [quote author=gigantikok link=board=99;num=1068262917;start=20#22 date=11/10/03 at 02:12:04]
Well, actually, I have been relieved of my title as moderator of that section.  In light of certain events, Mark thought it best for that section not to be moderated.  I am still in charge of the "Sex with a Large Penis" section, but I don't really know what Mark is doing with the Y and H section.  He unstickied the "No More Nude Photos" post, and I am not quite sure where he stands with that.  [/quote]

Well, I'm sorry to hear that. It's disturbing since photographs of minors are clearly illegal.

mindseye: [quote author=Donk link=board=99;num=1068262917;start=20#20 date=11/09/03 at 18:47:05]
Come now, mindseye, I give you enough credit to believe you are perfectly capable of distinguishing between an openness that encourages the victims of child abuse to come forward with the facts about their victimization and one that encourages the would-be victimizers to publicly indulge their fantasies. [/quote]

Yes, I can make that distinction. Are you saying that [more stuff deleted here...]

I'm retracting my post before this thread turns into the same type of back-and-forth ideological volleys that consumed the "My Farewell" thread. Donk, I'll accept that we don't see eye-to-eye on this. If anyone wants to continue this line of discussion, IM me.

mindseye: [quote author=gigantikok link=board=99;num=1068262917;start=20#22 date=11/10/03 at 02:12:04]He unstickied the "No More Nude Photos" post, and I am not quite sure where he stands with that. [/quote]

At the same time, he didn't delete or amend it either. (i.e., don't panic.)

longtimelurker: [quote author=mindseye link=board=99;num=1068262917;start=20#25 date=11/10/03 at 09:22:26]

At the same time, he didn't delete or amend it either.  (i.e., don't panic.)[/quote]

But then that would disagree with the no images of child sex etc, so is not a big surprise.

HUMONGOUS: excuse me but so much has happened over the last few days. i am so overwhelmed and consumed by the events. can anyone help me sort this all out. what exactly has happened? and what role if any did the members of this board have in creating these chain of events? who was responsible for this schism?
inquiring minds would like to know
humongous

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[quote author=mindseye link=board=99;num=1068262917;start=0#18 date=11/09/03 at 17:06:27]
How can I help but wonder -- why did so few of their victims say anything?  Why didn't more children -- tattletales by nature --  come forward?  
[/quote]

One particular example I have read: (The Priest to the Child:) "You know that Father is God's special friend. You can't tell anyone what we do here today because God wants it to be as secret, and if you tell anybody He will punish you and make bad things happen to your Mommy and Daddy. God won't love you any more."

Tactics like that work on young children from families who stress the priest's relationship with God, and there are some twisted priests out there who know it and don't hesitate to use it.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
I'll tell you what. I regret having stopped by the "alterna-LPSG" because, after reading some threads in there, I think those users still have some animosity toward us. We're being implicity referenced and judged, and it's terrible that things have come to that, but I suppose there was no preventable way to stop that us-them sort of mentality between the two boards.

It seems we agree with and support the people that decided on a personal level that they didn't feel good about being members here, and that's why they left and formed a different group. That's very sporting. At the same time, if for anything, let's show no hard feelings, eh?

I posted a message on the board about how difficult it is to accept open invitations from lurkers and original LPSGers to participate because their threads are a little more transparent about their feelings. For example, I admit that it was a blow to take Sammy's invitation seriously when, only a few posts earlier, she called some of the administration "hypocrites" for deciding to ban Humongous after all. Geez. Just 'cause we do things differently here doesn't give anyone the right to start calling names. If anything, that makes her look worse 'cause, all along, she touted herself on her refusal to participate in mudslinging.

I don't like that at all. Membership on one board or another will doubtfully affect my IMing / e-mailing relationships with those users. But when we start acting childlish and immature, well, don't expect me to be all nice and lovey-dovey anymore.

So... argh, yeah, back to the point... like everyone else has said in fewer lines, let's just put the past behind us and keep going forward. If anything, I'm tempted to empower some people who have been coming forward and posting and participating more whether it's here or there.

For the record, participants spoke of the schism as this huge loss for our board because a few of our regular contributors decided to leave. But you know what?

We've got a hell of a lot of good people that go often unappreciated just because they don't post as much. Nobody should care about the number of posts or green stars or anything. We're all here and we're all good for the group -- everyone included.

It's about damn time we started appreciating people a little more around here -- we could use that good energy for sure!

Javierdude22: [quote author=DeeBlackthorne link=board=99;num=1068262917;start=20#29 date=11/13/03 at 00:22:24]
It's about damn time we started appreciating people a little more around here -- we could use that good energy for sure!  [/quote]

Well Dee, in my opinion, that was a very hypocritical post. It's very difficult to accuse people of something when first of all there is no understanding from their peers on their leaving, and second of all they keep getting blamed so much that their eventual 'mudslinging' is called self defence.

If you would have taken yourself up on your last remark (quote) a bit earlier, we might not even have been in this situation.

Now it just sounds hypocritical, and kinda like an attempt to show you don't care they are gone, when in fact, you very much do.

gigantikok: [quote author=DeeBlackthorne link=board=99;num=1068262917;start=20#29 date=11/13/03 at 00:22:24]we could use that good energy for sure! [/quote]
No offense, but I find it very hard to believe you are suddenly the spokesperson for "good energy".

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
My goodness! Who's been handing out the grumpy pills?

I try not to take them, myself. They're too bitter.

Pecker

We were so poor growing up that we ate our Cornflakes with a fork to save milk.

mindseye: [quote author=DeeBlackthorne link=board=99;num=1068262917;start=20#29 date=11/13/03 at 00:22:24]IFor example, I admit that it was a blow to take Sammy's invitation seriously when, only a few posts earlier, she called some of the administration "hypocrites" for deciding to ban Humongous after all. [/quote]

I'm curious how she knows Humongous was banned.

I succumbed to curiosity and peeked over there yesterday myself, and noticed a few errors of fact in the events they've reported. I don't believe they're misrepresenting these facts on purpose, but I wonder if their opinions are jaundiced enough that they're not motivated to double-check them.

I'm trying very hard to stay above the fray. Since I've asked people to be gracious enough to overlook some of the things I said the first few days, I'm willing to do the same for them and not pull any scabs over there. Still, I wish that things -- on both boards -- were progressing more constructively than they are now.

ORCABOMBER: Hey guys, nice to know we're not ready to kill each other yet. :D

Dee's got a point, that individuals matter as far as posts are concerned, I don't bother with numbers anyway, rather usernames, so I can find out who on Earth I'm supposed to be referring to.

As far as the whole caboodle goes. If you want to know my opinions, IM me, but I'm here AND there, so otherwise, my opinions don't matter do they?

Oh, by the way, in the light of all this negative energy, don't read anything hostile into anything I said, okay? I mean it, or I'm going to have to get my cane out, and I doubt any of you would like to see my stick! :D

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Gig and Javier, it's attitudes like that that are making it more and more difficult to keep turning the other cheek.  I only have two... four, if you count my backside...   :mad:

I haven't taken a statistical poll or a longitudinal study to determine how everyone feels about the schism, and I think everyone who has weighed in on it has already done so and wants to move on -- on both sides.  I know I do.   People aren't hypocritical because they don't fully agree with one another; I'm not hypocritical because I thought people were taking Mark's position way too seriously, and then decided it was best to just let them feel how they want and move on.  So I don't understand how everyone feels, big fuckin' whoop.

Pecker, you got some happy pills?  How 'bout a slice of Angel Food cake?

(Moving on...)

HUMONGOUS: There are at least 10 people from this board who are actively working at the anti_LPSG as moderators, under pseudonyms, other than the ones they use at LPSG. Tender is one of them, and Jackinman is another. Notice the post on the anti_LPSG encouraging them to ban me for posting "smug messages about Sammy". Soon afterwards I was banned. I will not name the others. However if you go to "MEMBERS" section at the anti_LPSG message board, you will recognize some of the email addresses curiously match the email addresses of the moderators here at LPSG. I noticed that whenevr I posted a message on this board about Sammy and Max, "bliss", the administrator from the anti_LPSG board would warn me with a noice to my inbox over there. Simply put--there is a lot of double dipping and lurking.

HUMONGOUS: "longtimelurker", "rain" "gigantikok" are all members of the anti LPSG, as well as huge_cock_have_pics. I have received condescending remarks from each of them when I posted on the anti_LPSG board. After a little research I realized who thery were :D. All is takes is a lil' old fashioned leg work. Double-dipping, backstabbing, and lurking seems to be he name of the game.

mindseye: [quote author=DeeBlackthorne link=board=99;num=1068262917;start=20#35 date=11/13/03 at 09:24:15] I only have two... four, if you count my backside...   :mad:[/quote]

Yeah, but you so skinny, you shouldn't claim more than three at best.

(Sorry, that was a half-assed joke... :-/ )

7x6andchg: Humongous-

I will admit that I was quite possibly the MOST vocal person on the other board regarding your being banned.

I will tell you why.

--  You have made NO secret that you do not like, enjoy the company of, the posts of, or the demeanor of Sammy or Maximillian.  

--  It has been shown to me that you flooded Max's PM box on this board with messages.  

--  It has been shown to me that you have posted stories written by other authors and claimed them as your own.  Sources were noted, and links provided to prove to me that they were not yours.  The posts were, as noted, valid and germane to the topics at hand.  However, they were not YOURS to publish without providing a source.

--  It has been shown to me that you have usurped the Yahoo! profile photo of one of the posters "over there" and made it your own, as well.

In light of this evidence, I recommended, quite vociferously, to da_blissmachine to delete your account and ban your IP address.  I do not feel that EITHER community benefits from someone who does what you do as one of its members.

"longtimelurker", "rain" "gigantikok" are all members of the anti LPSG, as well as huge_cock_have_pics. I have received condescending remarks from each of them when I posted on the anti_LPSG board. After a little research I realized who thery were . All is takes is a lil' old fashioned leg work.   Double-dipping, backstabbing, and lurking seems to be he name of the game.

The condescending remarks you reference in this quote are brought upon you by your own actions, H.  I do not lurk on either board...I post.  I do not backstab...I try to make connections between friends.  Yes, I "double dip".  I have friends who participate on both boards.  Calling it the "anti-LPSG" hardly gives any credit to anyone for trying to move on on EITHER side of the equation.

I know this is going to get little more than a response of

"thanks for sharing!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D"

from you.  So I will leave it here.  However, trust me, I make no apologies for making the recommendation to da_blissmachine.

7x6&C

PS - are you from Michigan or NY? Your many profiles can't seem to make up their minds.