Noticing how guys dress

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What do you think about the way men dress?
I mean, do you often walk around and think, "OMG, hes so 1999"..
What about haircuts?

Overall Do you have more a positive approach; "Oh, love his hair" or negative approach; "80's are over, dude", or a meh approach; "style dont matter"

starter

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I have a negative approach but i think the people that i judge know what there wearing or should at least.

B_Artful Dodger

Experimental Member
Media
I have both positive and netetive reactions to what other dudes are wearing. Somtimes i'm like, that really suits him but would look crap on me. Somtimes i'm like, you cant pull that off. lol (but i could...) :tongue:

And somtimes i just want to rip clothes off people and stamp on them. but i generally refrain. haha

On the whole i think people can wear whatever they want, and i they look terrible but feel comfortable then good for them :smile:

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I generally am okay with the way most men dress, but there are a few that make be like "aha! what are you doing!"

Hair, generally looks good on people.

canuck_pa

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If a friend asks for an opinion then I will give it otherwise I say nothing unless I say something positive. And I would never say anything to a stranger. Giving an unsolicited option is extremely rude and could be very hurtful. Besides what makes you or I a fashion authority. People could think the same way about us.

There are a number of reasons a person dresses a certain way: can't afford to buy new clothes, they like to way they look, could be colour blind, dressed in a hurry, doesn't realize that the clothes don't suit, etc.

As someone who had a clothing budget of $ 1,500 a month, I used to judge my self worth based on my clothes. I took 2-3 trips to Montreal and New York each year to cloths shop. It wasn't until I felt better about myself and was truthful with myself that I realized what a total waste on money it was.

As long as ones cloths are clean and look presentable, the rest doesn't matter.

And if a friend based our friendship on my clothes I would drop them like a hot potato. If a friend made an unsolicited negative comment about my clothes it would depend on what they said, if it was constructive okay, but if i was just mean that would be the last time they ever had a chance.

Angiebabee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Must admit I expect my man to look good epecially if we are out somewhere. We both slob around in t-shirt and jeans at home which is fine, but I like my man to have at least a reasonable sense of fashion and looking smart!

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Must admit I expect my man to look good epecially if we are out somewhere. We both slob around in t-shirt and jeans at home which is fine, but I like my man to have at least a reasonable sense of fashion and looking smart!

What constitutes a reasonable sense of fashion, in your opinion?

Last edited:

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Some guys have a natural swagger & can work any outfit. I think style is something you are born with. Its all about looking effortless & confident. The worst thing you can be, listen up guys, is a Fashion victim! AVOID fashion trends & stick to what suits you best. You cant go wrong with simple, classic designs. Or black. Especially as you get older. DO NOT ever wear sneakers with a suit. Or socks with sandals. Or tight clothes if your a fat bastard!

cheers :cool:

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
What do you think about the way men dress?
I mean, do you often walk around and think, "OMG, hes so 1999"..
What about haircuts?

Overall Do you have more a positive approach; "Oh, love his hair" or negative approach; "80's are over, dude", or a meh approach; "style dont matter"

I really notice other styles that men are wearing, sometimes I really feel sorry for them on how they are dressed. I do think a lot of them are old fashion and need some restyling.

But I also see men with clothes that I want too, but don't know where to get it. But i do understand that it is hard for some men to see what clothes they suits best. Because women get a lot of advice, but men not.

And haircuts... yeah, some are bad and some are good :biggrin1:

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
guess Ill just never wear a suit then. I hate loafers and Italian shoes, they always look girly, like slippers.
You can get some plain black hushpuppies or something like that to set a suit OFF.

You can find something to wear and still be masculine and classy without feeling 'girly' lol...hahaha Don't let your clothes make you. YOU make THEM!:cool:

Tristessa

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I live in Scandinavia where men, for the most part, dress well and always look nice. In fact, most the guys on the street look like they put more effort into it than I do. It's sometimes a bit too trendy, but I prefer it to the shorts + tshirt + white sneakers/sandals combination that was most common in places I lived in the US.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ditto

Some guys have a natural swagger & can work any outfit. I think style is something you are born with. Its all about looking effortless & confident. The worst thing you can be, listen up guys, is a Fashion victim! AVOID fashion trends & stick to what suits you best. You cant go wrong with simple, classic designs. Or black. Especially as you get older. DO NOT ever wear sneakers with a suit. Or socks with sandals. Or tight clothes if your a fat bastard!
QFT! I agree 100%. The only thing I would add is that horizontal stripes on big bellys or portly men are a no-no.

what about well polished combat boots?
Are you a goth teen? Then no. Even soldiers have a dress uniform with nice black dress shoes. Frankly combat boots on anyone not in the military has always struck me as lazy. It's a cop-out; because you don't want to try anything else.

guess Ill just never wear a suit then. I hate loafers and Italian shoes, they always look girly, like slippers.
That's preposterous! :eek: You are clearly trying on the wrong, Italian mens shoes. I suggest you cruise through www.zappos.com.

Lots of people (male and female) who wear combat boots think they are being cool and non-conformist, yet they always end up looking the same. :lmao:

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Are you a goth teen? Then no. Even soldiers have a dress uniform with nice black dress shoes. Frankly combat boots on anyone not in the military has always struck me as lazy. It's a cop-out; because you don't want to try anything else.

I have dress uniform shoes, I have a pair of combat boots, and a pair of tanker boots. When well polished, and under slacks, you cannot really tell the difference.

Try anything else? I didn't even start wearing boots until I was 24, a doctor recommended it for my healing crushed foot. I found I liked them much better than my skater shoes or running shoes or basketball shoes.

Lots of people (male and female) who wear combat boots think they are being cool and non-conformist, yet they always end up looking the same. :lmao:
I dunno. I look around, and their are three types of male boot wearers, those who wear them in a punk/goth style, those who wear them in the hip-hop/lugz style, and those who wear them like I do, mostly hidden.

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
most time I don't notice unless they stink....then stay the hell away from me or they are way over the top and are likely not into women anyhow............lol. I'm not that picky. I'm a small town girl who isn't afraid to wear a flannel shirt on occasion to the city. I don't care cause I likely don't know most people there or I give a damn if I do. Snow is going to be flying soon and bullets for the deer.....mmmmmmmmmmm venison sausage if someone wants to get me some! I may give you PO BOX in a near by city!

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Its just kind of scary. I bought a turtleneck, and I looove it. But I have yet to see another guy on campus wearing one. Right now, they are all wearing scarves... am I supposed to wear a scarf too? Am I embarrassing myself by wearing a turtleneck? I mean, I think it looks so fucking good, but I dunno.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Its just kind of scary. I bought a turtleneck, and I looove it. But I have yet to see another guy on campus wearing one. Right now, they are all wearing scarves... am I supposed to wear a scarf too? Am I embarrassing myself by wearing a turtleneck? I mean, I think it looks so fucking good, but I dunno.
A black turtleneck on the right guy is sexy as hell.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/vandygirl2/instylecloseup.jpg

No, if you don't want to wear a scarf you don't have to. If it's not really cold by you yet it's probably more of a stylish affectation.