november Quinnipeac poll numbers are GOOD NEWS FOR OBAMA, bad for GOP

cruztbone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Quinnipeac university, which has done scientific polling for years, now reports "Obama is being helped across the board" among all groups of voters, with his approval rating now at 47, rising from 41 last month. He beats Romney by 47-42, his toughest opponent, and receives more than half the vote against all the other listed GOP challengers.
While this is certainly no assurance of the election outcome 1 year from now, it should give the GOP pause, as the same poll now shows voters selecting Dems over GOP by 42 to 34 as preferred to run the House of Reps.
Quinnipeac notes that slight improvement in the economy, the executive actions taken by Obama, the death of Gadafi and the president's job legislation that congress continues to dither with have all led to his improved standing.
sorry, Repugnantcans, but America wins when YOU LOSE !!:biggrin1:

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Where are your links?
Does cruztbone ever have links? Of course not, even though the forum rules make a firm request of such.

Quinnipeac university, which has done scientific polling for years, now reports "Obama is being helped across the board" among all groups of voters, with his approval rating now at 47, rising from 41 last month.
since most polls have a statistical +/- this means the 47 might be a mere 44 and that the 41 might have been a 44 which means he hasn't budged.

As I have stated before, the polls are not particularly meaningful this far in advance and even less useful or of meaning before the Republicans have made a final selection.

Repugnantcans, but America wins when YOU LOSE !!:biggrin1:
By using the above term instead of Republican, the clear loser ends up being you.

hot-rod

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Obama and the Democrats will win big. There's a whole fruitcake of nuts and fruits on the other side. I can't believe even Republicans would waste a good vote on any one of that crowd.

monel

Sexy Member
Media
I think Obama will benefit from the mess that is the GOP primary. The utter incompetence of most of the GOP field and the lack of enthusiasm for the likely eventual nominee, Mitt Romney, is unlikely to win over independents. Winning independent support is vital to a Republican victory and at this point, I don't see it. Though its still too early to call, I think Obama will pull out a narrow win.

cruztbone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Quinnipiac.edu is the website, OK? Quinnipiac University – Hamden, Connecticut it was widely reported on CNN, ABC and the San Jose Mercury News.
are we happy now? you're welcome.
and you are right HOSS, I am the loser thanks to the GOP, since i am both a teacher and school board trustee. We have lost money for public schools and higher education due to REPUGNANTCAN selfishness and greed. at least we agree on that.
and in the long run, however, it is the NATION that is the loser due to the GOP hatred of public schools and higher education. no investment in public schools for a changing world means the increase of the socioeconomic classes in America, and that does not bode well for ANY democracy, including ours.
as far as the poll numbers go, yes, the election is a year away. but the TREND is clear; it is in Obama's direction, at least for now. and that is reflected in other polls.
so , you can play with the numbers in the Q poll any way you like, Hoss, but facts are stubborn things. and the FACTS show that the public is totally disenchanted with the TEA PARTY , the GOP candidates for president, the House of reps and numerous , recently-elected GOP governors.
too bad for you, HOSS.
Great for progressive, working class America.