Novice Contrite

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
A few members have emailed me to come back, which was very kind, but unnecessary. I haven't really "left", I've just chosen not to log-in, and have seriously limited the way that people from this site can reach me. Besides, emails dangling a banning in front of me, when the banning is said to be temporary, well, isn't the best, or most honest, lure.

First, I have to apologize to Naughty. After my first response to V, she noticed, and sent me a very kind PM. When I responded, I lied, to her, and to myself. I didn't think that I was lying when I wrote it, but I told her that after all this time, I was OK and at peace with what had happened. From the way things unfolded, I slowly realized that I obviously wasn't. Again, my apologies.

To rawbone8, thanks for jumping up so quickly and emphatically, and when I pointed out V's actions, Kotchanski has been absolutely wonderful too.

To all of you that confessed your own incidences, you have my admiration for being so willing to share, my thanks for your openness, and my thoughts are with you. As Kotch said, even someone who's been through it can't fully understand how it effects others that have too. However, we can relate to how it was for us, and through that, at least try to similarly comprehend their pain.

As Alex8 suggested, I did re-read the thread, no actually, I READ the thread, because the posts of support came in mainly after I stopped logging in. I don't know where to begin. All I can say, is that, as I am with the others that told their stories, I'm truly impressed and touched, not only at the support that was then offered up to me, but to all of the others as well.

Finally, I also apologize to the board. I'm sorry that I let my personal involvement with a subject, cause me to engage, the way I did with V, no matter how awful I thought he and his behaviour were. Somewhat in my defense, I remarked that he seemed like a potential problem very early on, and unfortunately, I think that in the (temporary) end I was shown to be at least partly right. Still, I feel bad that I launched the board on such a roller-coaster ride, and it's an especially embarrassing way for the new Mods to be introduced to me. What I thought would happen, would be that my post, where I brought up what had happened to me, might help out others, in the way that my "prophylaxis" post seemed to really reach a few people. Additionally, while I never meant for it to become such a devise, my "I guess it's OK" post, ended up bringing attention to the whole of the thread, the real issues of the OP, and somewhat highlighted V's behaviour, when I really just meant for the facetious comment to show my frustration at how such a serious subject was being viewed, at THAT point in the thread. Again, that totally changed, but LATER in the thread, AFTER I posted that, and after I hadn't logged in. But back to the point, I'm sorry if this incident upset any others, especially if it was brought about by my actions.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thank you Novice,

You know you are a real favorite around here. I hope the outpouring of support shows you just how much. I must apologize to you as well. I didnt realize that there had been some kidding about things that people felt may have made you feel even worse about your situation. I love this board and I love its members I hope we can all come to see that when one of us is suffering all of us share the pain....

Naughty

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
*hugs Novice festively* :smile:

So long as you now know how many people here admire you, like you, and think incredibly highly of you... then that's something which really counts. :wink:

And if any of this has helped you to a better place and greater self-realization, then it surely won't all have been for nought.

LPSG is always here... and people will always be pleased to see you here, whenever you choose to post. But real life is still best of all*. :rolleyes:

* possibly

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Novice, I read through that thread and was truly touched by your courage. Thank you for your honesty. I've learned a lot from reading your posts about your personal experiences, not only this one but others i've read in the past. I hope you will stick around. :smile:

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
People are saying it alot better than I can Novice.

You know my feelings about you. We share alot of common thoughts about this place.

Take your time to work things out, keep an eye on the place and if people are permanently banned, then slowly work yourself back in.

Alex and naughty said most of what I wanted to say.

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It's just a messageboard.

Despite that, it's difficult to overlook when one's feelings are hurt, or those of someone we care about.

Novice and anyone posting similarly sensitive self history deserves our support and loyalty. Decency ought to reign, even on a message board, if we have the will make it so.

:smile: