Now, how 'bout them apples?

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Wow I didn't see that coming!

"According to the Commonwealth Fund, a public coverage program similar to Medicare would reduce projected health care costs by about $2 trillion over 11 years, and reduce premiums by about 20% on average. Within about a decade, 105 million people would be enrolled in the public plan, and about 107 million would have private insurance, according to the Commonwealth Fund."

Well $2T is a rather big number. The more people in an insurance pool the lower the costs for everyone insured by that organization. That's the way insurance works.

Bodaddio

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why do we need a 1000 page document that no one understands?
The government already supplies a healthcare program to all federal employees, members of congress and the military. It is a private insurance option. In the military, if you are active duty it costs you nothing. You fall under tricare, depending on where you are stationed depends on who runs it. No one asked me about pre-existing conditions for my family, we went to the doctor, showed the ID and got what we needed. Retirees pay about $600 a year for this.
Instead of all this paper and this and that and yada yada yada, why not give this option to everyone? You retire from government service it is free, you are one of the regular masses you pay into it at what is now retiree rates.
Everyone gets what they want.

Cheers

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Bill O'Reilly is in support of a public option

Bill O'Reilly Backs Public Option (VIDEO)

Problem is.. the libtard lemmings here get all their anti-O'Rielly snippets off of some retarded hateful blog, and paint him that color. I disagree with O'Rielly at times, but the guy does bring on opposing viewpoints (something you will RARELY find on MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NPR, ABC, CNN) and the liberal/Dem analysts skewer him.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Problem is.. the libtard lemmings here get all their anti-O'Rielly snippets off of some retarded hateful blog, and paint him that color. I disagree with O'Rielly at times, but the guy does bring on opposing viewpoints (something you will RARELY find on MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NPR, ABC, CNN) and the liberal/Dem analysts skewer him.
Pat Buchanan is an MSNBC pundit, hardly a member of the left wing.

slurper_la

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Why do we need a 1000 page document that no one understands?
The government already supplies a healthcare program to all federal employees, members of congress and the military. It is a private insurance option. In the military, if you are active duty it costs you nothing. You fall under tricare, depending on where you are stationed depends on who runs it. No one asked me about pre-existing conditions for my family, we went to the doctor, showed the ID and got what we needed. Retirees pay about $600 a year for this.
Instead of all this paper and this and that and yada yada yada, why not give this option to everyone? You retire from government service it is free, you are one of the regular masses you pay into it at what is now retiree rates.
Everyone gets what they want. Cheers

That would be what is referred to as a "Single Payer" system and what many people in the country have been asking for and what President Obama initially suggested. The Republicans in Congress along with Max Baucus and the 6 blue-dog Democrats have blocked that from happening.

slurper_la

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Bill O'Reilly is in support of a public option

Bill O'Reilly Backs Public Option (VIDEO)

beat you by about 8 hours on the post: http://www.lpsg.org/150038-wow-bill-o-flaming-liberal.html

:confused:

as for Bill-O being bi-partisan and "fair and balanced".... HAH!

For three months the only thing the man has said on this issue has trumpeted the right-wing talking points. Please take note that this new POV of his comes AFTER the Baucus bill emerged from committee and it appeared there would be NO public option.

In fact ass-wipe O'Reilly begins his comments with "there will be no public option" then goes on to endorse the notion. Sneaky way to appear to take a contrary side when in fact he has never endorsed support for public-option or any sort of reform.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
So where do you stand? Do you agree with O'Reilly?

chevychas

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I hate bill o,reilly,is so fucking stupid repupblican,jack ass,i dont know why is in tv show!need to get banned!

D_Tully Tunnelrat

Experimental Member
Media

With some talk show personas, they change demeanor as soon as you hear "cut." However, O'Rielly, whether you find his comments insightful, or merely spiteful, has only one speed. He's always an asshole.

He may have come out for the public option now, but as soon as some conservatard decides to make a court case that mandatory insurance is illegal, on constitutional grounds, he'll change his mind.

Bodaddio

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That would be what is referred to as a "Single Payer" system and what many people in the country have been asking for and what President Obama initially suggested. The Republicans in Congress along with Max Baucus and the 6 blue-dog Democrats have blocked that from happening.

Well if the cut the bill down to a manageable amount of paper and simply said, you get what I get, it might work.

I know I for one look at over 1000 pages of Washington speak and wonder, where in here is the part where they screw me.

Cheers