Now I have seen everything...

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Osiris, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Osiris

Gold Member

Can someone tell me when hell officially froze over?

Ann Coulter wants Hillary Clinton over John McCain

Posted: 12:55 PM ET
    Ann Coulter said Thursday she'd back Hillary Clinton over John McCain.

http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/.element/img/2.0/mosaic/base_skins/baseplate/corner_wire_BL.gif

(CNN) — In the latest sign that a conservative backlash is starting to build against John McCain, conservative commentator Ann Coulter said Thursday she is prepared to vote for Hillary Clinton over the Arizona senator in a general election match up.

Speaking on Fox's "Hannity and Colmes," Coulter took aim at the GOP frontrunner, and suggested he was little more than a Republican in name only.

"If you are looking at substance rather than if there is an R or a D after his name, manifestly, if he's our candidate, than Hillary is going to be our girl, because she's more conservative than he is," Coulter said. "I think she would be stronger on the war on terrorism."

Coulter took aim at McCain's positions — particularly his fervent anti-torture stance — and said he and Clinton differ little on the issues. Coulter also said she is prepared to campaign on Clinton's behalf should McCain win the party's nomination.

"John McCain is not only bad for Republicanism, which he definitely is — he is bad for the country," she said.

Coulter is the latest high profile conservative to express dismay with McCain's surging candidacy. Talk-radio host Rush Limbaugh said Wednesday McCain's rise was the product of a 'fractured' conservative base and an "uninspiring" GOP presidential field.

"He is not the choice of conservatives, as opposed to the choice of the Republican establishment — and that distinction is key," Limbaugh continued. "The Republican establishment, which has long sought to rid the party of conservative influence since Reagan, is feeling a victory today as well as our friends in the media."

McCain has long been at odds with conservative members of his party. — Exit polls from the early-primary states have shown the he has consistently lost among those primary voters who identify themselves as conservative. But he passed a key test Tuesday in winning Florida's primary, the first early contest that only allowed registered Republicans to participate.

Reacting to criticisms from his party's most conservative quarters, McCain told the San Francisco Gate Thursday, "I'll continue to reach out to all in the party, try to unite the party, until everybody realizes that the only way we're going to defeat the Democratic candidate is through a united party."
    – CNN Producer Alexander Mooney

2. psidom

Gold Member

Albums:
    that is just wierd.
    maybe some kind of reverse psyche thing.:smile:
    i cannot stand that woman,at all.

3. dreamer20

Gold Member

She feels that Hillary will beat McCain. I'm not surprised.:cool:

4. hotbtminla

Gold Member

Albums:
    Can somebody check their sink to verify if water's started flowing up?

5. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

From what i read Hillary and McCain are very good friends. Bill has even spoke of this. Ann Coulter? Is there anyone who really like's her? She reminds me of a broken clown in the crossroads of a sex change. Whats with the big Adam's Apple?

6. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Ann's ADAM'S APPLE

7. nakedwally

Gold Member

Albums:
    thanks for the reminder I almost forgot to call the plumber to fix my sink

8. JC8

JC8 Member

Albums:
  9. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

She has a big one . LOL:tongue:

10. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Talk show windbags don't like McCain. A tragedy.

Draft saved Draft deleted