Now if they just did this every issue...

D

deleted395785

while i love women of all colors and most sizes, models, especially fashion models are supposed to be thin as possible. why? when fashion designers give previews of whats going to be sold in the season they want to use the least amount of fabric for them on the runway. the bigger the person the more fabric they have to use which deviates from the designers creation. if a particular piece or outfit becomes popular then they will make them in different sizes i.e ready-to-wear.

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
BMIs aren't that accurate because e.g. big very breasts would make the woman heavier. But no matter now inaccurate it is, surely it gives some indication on someone's weight.

I didn't say the magazines should leave the skinny models on their pages. I'm just saying that they're making it sound like they're doing something better by having more "fuller" woman on their pages when to me, I see the same thing: women with visible weight issues.

We all have different perspectives on what's considered normal, so through my eyes I just feel these women are a little overweight. Definitely sexier than skinny models though.

any time very big breasts get mentioned in a post I smile : o )
thanks

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
Place your fucking bets then.
I'll see you later when you're writing me the check...
because if you did know it better, then we wouldn't even be having this fucking conversation.

Yeah, I'm still pretty sure that I have a better understanding of that kind of thing than you.

Instead of blaming the media, admit to yourself that your body isn't good enough and move on from there.

voidout

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yeah, I'm still pretty sure that I have a better understanding of that kind of thing than you.

Instead of blaming the media, admit to yourself that your body isn't good enough and move on from there.

apparently you're illiterate, too!

voidout

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I totally understand. I'm a size 16/18 right now, and I couldn't help going "Holy crap, I'm disgusting." when I saw them. Then I read some of the comments after the pictures, and honestly, felt like crying...

People just don't fucking get what it's like to be smacked in the face since birth that your body is not good enough from the media AND from guys YOUR ENTIRE LIFE.

I'm losing weight for me, because I am not happy with my recent weight gain, and for my body type I am not as healthy as I could be. However, this is truly the first time in my life I have ever wanted to/have lose/lost weight the right way.

I've battled binging and purging, anorexia, etc... to this day it's a battle. You never truly lose that mentality. When I was an average girl in middle school and high school I saw an obese woman in the mirror staring back. I hated myself. I hated my body, and now I look back after putting on more pounds, and go "Jesus Christ. I was perfect. I was so fucking beautiful."

People really don't get it. At all.

i love quoting myself for fun!

Trouty

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ooh, real women with voluptuous figures. Now where did I leave the kleenex :biggrin:

D

deleted356736

I'll say it again...

many people in this thread are the very reason girls like myself have had their face in the toilet, and their fingers down their throat.

Just because men generally prefer women of a certain body size and shape, doesn't mean that women have to aim for stick-thin. It doesn't imply extremes: overweight or emaciated. I quoted my ex-mistress because she was, in my eyes, beautiful. In the eyes of many, 'cause you see male eyes following her when we went out together.

Tall, curvy, voluptuous, but not fat. Size 10 is a fair size, but she was firm and well-toned; indeed she was the most beautiful woman I've ever known. And given the commotion she caused, even chatted up by a married senior politician, I would guess that her build is what a lot of men would find 'sexy'.

D

deleted356736

I had a look at the OP, and the models in the photos have been airbrushed. In those pictures, especially the naked woman on her side, you can see the unnatural sheen, which show her wrinkles and cellulite have been sprayed over with flesh-coloured paint.

I once knew a photographic model, and all her photos were airbrushed. All she needed was basic body dimensions and all the other imperfections were gone, especially her freckles. If you saw her in real life and compared her to those published photos, it would have be hard to recognise her.

voidout

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Just because men generally prefer women of a certain body size and shape, doesn't mean that women have to aim for stick-thin. It doesn't imply extremes: overweight or emaciated. I quoted my ex-mistress because she was, in my eyes, beautiful. In the eyes of many, 'cause you see male eyes following her when we went out together.

Tall, curvy, voluptuous, but not fat. Size 10 is a fair size, but she was firm and well-toned; indeed she was the most beautiful woman I've ever known. And given the commotion she caused, even chatted up by a married senior politician, I would guess that her build is what a lot of men would find 'sexy'.

if you read any of my other posts, you'd understand that i didn't find 'men generally prefer women of a certain body size and shape' wrong.

i give up, honestly. you're narrow minded comments are beyond me. so many people have come to me about this thread, and told me how they support what i'm saying, and how ignorant and arrogant the negative posts about these women are.

i just don't have the energy anymore.
i'm going to live my life, and you can live yours.

if you want to tell me you can tell the difference between a size 10 and 12, then that's fucking fine, but realize, it's also bullshit. you're an idiot if you believe that size 10 is acceptable, but the women in these editorial shots (who are a size 12) aren't acceptable, then it's your problem mentally. seriously. a lot of things play a factor into a size 10 vs. a size 12...not just "fat".

so again...i hold by my statement. you are the very people in this world that make girls slaves to the porcelain god. you are the very people in this world who make girls think starving themselves is health. you are the very people in this world who, even though you say you like "healthy" women, make them think they are worthless. i sincerely hope your daughter never gains weight out of fear for how you will treat her, and how you will look down on her, and from your posts...possibly not love her anymore.

freyasworld

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think this is getting well out of hand, lets suck back and think for a moment, why are there supermodels out there?

Simple really...

they are clothes horses, doesn't matter what they wear, they make the garments look damn good, add a decent photograper, an airbrush and a bit of computer wizardry and hey presto! Now these girls also have the facial looks the bone structure, it does not matter what time of day or night they are photographed or whether they have inhalled a kilo of the white powder of drank copious amounts of flammable liquids, these girls look great.....I hate the bitches! However it is just because of these qualities that they become supermodels and are paid millions a year. The companies agree their clothes look good even at 4.00am in the rain! Their make-up products still look good after partying all night! That's what they are selling!

What the issue is and nobody seems to pick up on this is the fact that we are all different, we are all individuals, thats what makes us unique and loveable. We are not all barbie dolls, how can a guy or guys find anything to love if we are all identical?

We'd all be kitchen aids and bedroom toys, so when this ones broken, get me another!

Women have to stop looking for perfection, it does not exist, same with the men, there are no decent men on the entire planet. All men have varing degrees of SDL, (sad desperate loonies) we have to accept that unfortunately.

It does not mean we should give up looking or stop aspiring, me I'm a size 8, closer to 50 than I am 40, 3 kids, but 5'1" I also go to the gym work out and train damn hard to keep my shape and my body. I'm quiet proud of my 6 pack!

I also enjoy a varied and active sex life and I have guys chasing me young enough to be my son. OK so I'm a slut as well.

That does not make me someone to be reviled, or put down, just because I am a size 8, same way a woman who is size 16 should not be. Marilyn Munroe was certainly no skinny size 0 - try 14!

Guys on this site are presumably well endowed, but is that the only quality they have? Have they got a physique and body to go with it? Or a face only a mother could love? What about intellegence, conversation, education, sensitivity, empathy, or apathy? How much cash have they got!

The more cash the guy's got the fitter I can be!

Look at Mad-donna how much does she spend of hair, make-up, clothes and personal trainers a year! More than I earn in 10 probably!

if you have a guy that is comparing you or you are doing it yourself, just tell your guy to go out and earn more money and you can look better, remember there is never a shortage of SDL's guys with bigger, fatter and younger dicks than his!

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I'm a US size 12 and I enjoyed seeing the women in that magazine. It's nice to see women of a similar size, so thanks for posting that.

Also I agree with Christina, in that same size doesn't necessarily mean same shape. For instance, I have an old college friend who is a size 10/12. She is 6 feet tall and has the longest slimmest legs you could ever imagine. She and I are not too far off in size and yet our shapes are different. (I'm not as tall as her at 5'8" so that does factor into it.)

I'm healthy too; I get physicals once a year and I always pass with flying colors. I used to swim 3 times a week but starting in October I switched to cardio 4 times a week (fits my schedule better and needed a change of pace). My waist is now 31 inches (lost an inch and a half, I guess due to changing my routine up). My hips however will always be rather wide I'm afraid. I have a big ass too. I like my body though, it's very feminine and healthy.

And to the person who said that being too skinny wasn't as big of a health problem as being fat -- I tend to disagree (I would say extremes on both ends of the scale no pun intended pose equal threats to health). 8 million Americans have eating disorders, and eating disorders have the highest mortality rate of any mental illness. Check out these stats:

The National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders reported that 5 – 10% of anorexics die within 10 years after contracting the disease; 18-20% of anorexics will be dead after 20 years and only 30 – 40% ever fully recover.

The mortality rate associated with anorexia nervosa is 12 times higher than the death rate of ALL causes of death for females 15 – 24 years old.

20% of people suffering from anorexia will prematurely die from complications related to their eating disorder, including suicide and heart problems.

Last edited:

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
you don't look like a 12 you look quite slender
btw, when are you going to respond to my last PM : o )

I love a woman with a little meat on her...not into the skinny ones:cool:

D

deleted356736

if you want to tell me you can tell the difference between a size 10 and 12, then that's fucking fine, but realize, it's also bullshit. you're an idiot if you believe that size 10 is acceptable, but the women in these editorial shots (who are a size 12) aren't acceptable, then it's your problem mentally. seriously. a lot of things play a factor into a size 10 vs. a size 12...not just "fat".

A couple of things here. Firstly, American clothes sizes are different to Australian, so those women would be Australian size 14 (American size 12), and my former mistress would be American size 8. Secondly, clothes sizes have 'grown' over recent years, so what was once size 14 here is now size 12, and slimmer women like my daughter have difficulties finding clothes in their size these days. I know the same growth of clothing sizes has happened in the US.

Indeed, I struggle to find clothes for me, because there are more fat men than women. Twenty years ago I could buy my size in a suit, today I have to get them made for me. And my business shirts! I get shirts from a tailor in Hong Kong, because my size is no longer carried in Australia.

Overweight and obesity in Anglo society is an epidemic, and airbrushing bulky models doesn't make the epidemic go away. I repeat I work in healthcare, and I repeat that I see, time and again, the negative consequences of too much weight. I also repeat that I have had my share of serious illness, because my diabetes resulted from a very serious illness, and until illness happens to an individual they don't know what they are in for. I would do ANYTHING to avoid serious illness, which includes shedding kilos if I had to.

There is much more to this than appearing unattractive to the opposite sex, or appearing unattractive to yourself, and there is nothing to be served by living in denial. No-one wants to die of a heart-attack in middle-age, or be incapacitated by stroke, but that's what's happening. For the first time in America's history, life expectancy is falling.

Just as I didn't date a smoker because I found the habit unhealthy and I didn't want to lose my life's partner prematurely, today I wouldn't date a fat women because I find it unattractive and unhealthy, and I wouldn't want to lose my life's partner prematurely.

D

deleted356736

That does not make me someone to be reviled, or put down, just because I am a size 8, same way a woman who is size 16 should not be. Marilyn Munroe was certainly no skinny size 0 - try 14!

Marilyn Monroe was American size 8 by today's dress size (approximately size 14 by early 1950's standards, but we don't know because her clothes were custom-made given her height and her bust were very non-standard). We know she was size 8 because her dresses have recently been measured to put to rest this rumour.