Now what, Obama fans?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by visualalert, Jun 1, 2008.

1. visualalert

visualalert New Member

Show of hands: how many Democrats are still buying the fiction that Obama will walk away in Iraq as promised? He's had a lot of success telling y'all what you wanted to hear - the man is no dummy and as the saying goes, there's a sucker born every minute.

But when even the WaPo, that bastion of right-wing extremism, has to start admitting the good news coming out of Iraq, the New Messiah's got a new problem: it's looking more and more like Bush got it right. Whoops!

washingtonpost.com

2. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I am not a "fan". I am a supporter of Senator Obama. I support a candidate, NOT a messiah. I am not a sucker. I am a very well informed citizen who has always taken his vote seriously. GROW UP

3. 1BiGG1

Gold Member

While I’m not gonna argue about it with the “we are still really mad because we couldn’t steal an election with hanging-chads” crowd, I believe Bush has had it right all along also.

Thomas Jefferson is viewed as the greatest downfall for Christians in government and George will be viewed as the first real start of doing the same for Muslim dominated countries as Thomas did for Christian dominated countries i.e. putting religion back in the closet where it belongs. Go George!

No comment for Obama since he will not be seeing the White House unless John invites him over for dinner! :biggrin1:

4. Biggin'

Biggin' New Member

The left is guided mostly by emotion. What you "feel" is right may not always be the best decision as to what may actually happen from your actions.

Just because he is black does not give him the title of "Uniter" (although it helps). It is the people who decide that. The press does that, as theyve already picked who they are backing, and they are definitely squirming about Iraq improving (NOTHING IN THE NEWS).. O wont be able to talk about it soon, taking an issue away from him.

What I hate about the R party is their ability to always pick the oldest fuck around to go against the young guy with the big dick. WTF?

The difference is, that the left, if mccain is elected will not accept him, but the right would say, "this is our president" and give him the backing and respect he deserves.

5. Biggin'

Biggin' New Member

Jefferson, while writing the contitiution, included MANY religious statements in his original drafts (We hold these truths to be holy and sacred was changed to self evident by ben franklin)

The short sighted press and pundits do not view the picture 10 years from now because it does not fit their current situation. This Iraq thing is very important, and it will take some time for the "occupation" crowd to get over their misguided anger.

The fact is, terrirism is going down, Iraq will have their own army and be free, and be an example for the rest of the middle east, who are all shaking in their turbins.

If this war was for oil, why are gas prices so high? (like i am now?)
    and dont tell me it was for bush's oil friends, because the left always uses that he sucks at business, given his texas rangers, and other ventures.

6. 1BiGG1

Gold Member

Jefferson believed in a god, just not a god that ever revealed itself so “holy” and “sacred” meant something completely different to him then it would to somebody like the Christians following one of the alleged gods.

7. mista geechee

Gold Member

Albums:
    really ? sp ypur "god" is real and everyone one else's "god" is "alleged" ?

sounds rather arrogant dont you think?

8. Notaguru2

Gold Member

So, if we've won, then it's still time to come home! =) Either way, we're bringing the troops home. Its you sir, that have no out. Win/Lose/Draw... they're coming home.

I'm a supporter not a "fan". I drink American kool-aide, nothing else.

9. 1BiGG1

Gold Member

I don’t believe in any of the alleged god fairytales from the past so arrogance on my part doesn’t come into play here.

10. mista geechee

Gold Member

Albums:
    i find it just plain hilarious that people still want to vote for mccain. he wants to continue a war that has already cost us trillions of dollars (these fucks cant even get a close estimation andd we trust them with oour hard earned money). he obviously doesnt even know how many troops are in iraq. rather insensitive dont you think? doesnt even matter that he went over there since he doesnt even know who's over there or the difference between the sunni and shiite. he has already said himself that he doesnt understand the economy. i repeat : he himself said he doesnt understand the economy. do you really wanna elect someone who doesnt understand the economy. he voted against the GI bill (that ironically put him through college). that's strange huh? he's an ex-soldier/POW that for some reason wants to keep a war going on even though he doesnt even know how many soldiers we have over there , plus he votes against teh GI bill. his mind must be one impressive clusterfuck.

yet mccain supporters see these facts and still dwell on silly ass reverend wright and the fact that his name is of middle-eastern origin. so fucking sad, now we're voting on people based on their names and US lack of knowledge about other nations and cultures that dont worship shite hippie jesus.

but of course , as always , ignorance will prevail because :

1. mccain is white and barack is black. now you can say race card or watever all you want, truth is that racism is still very strong in this country. however some choose to ignore it and act like it doesnt exist. voters in states like WV and PA have even admitted to race being heavily factored into their decision

2. barack's name is barack. and his middle name is hussein. that creates fear in most americans. fear and panic can be just as persuasive as a nuclear weapon

3.he goes to a muslim church. this one really cracks me up. there has never been any reports of him at a mosque, however most americans would know what a "muslim church" is since they dont cover taht on lou dobbs or fox news.

4.mccain was a POW (i HIGHLY respect him for this) . yet he votes agains the GI bill. but any way, the POW thing makes him seem like GI Joe to the stump-jumping jethro' s that run this country. but if that's all it takes, shouldnt every POW be president?

besides, his wife looks like the crypt keeper

11. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

يتساءل التفكير على الجانب العربي هو؟

12. visualalert

visualalert New Member

Wow - all these comments and not the first answer to the question:

<<how many Democrats are still buying the fiction that Obama will walk away in Iraq as promised?>>

Usually when people dodge a question, the evasion is all the answer ya need.

13. mista geechee

Gold Member

Albums:
    personally i do believe he will leave iraq. even though i dont classify myself as a democrat or republican. how many republicans are still believing that mccain knows what he is doing and will do everything he says he will? every politician will say what's necessary to get elected to a higher position that their current one. am i the only one baffled by the fact that the majority of citizens will vote for someone who said he didnt understand the economy ?

14. MovingForward

MovingForward Member

I think I remember Colin Powell said that it is rediculous to think that anyone can just go in and bring troops back home.

However I think Obama has the best chance of getting rebulicans and democrats to work together on this issue and others.

15. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    There's that...or the audience consisting of folks smart enough to recognize a douchebag floating a logical fallacy and not taking the bait. :rolleyes:

16. D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp New Member

As well as the fact that the Washington Post reporting good news in Iraq doesn't change any of what Obama has said or will work towards doing. He still wants to wrap things up there and take a more diplomatic approach henceforth, rather than continuing our eight-year mentality of "shoot first, ask question later... maybe."

17. B_JasonDawgxxx

B_JasonDawgxxx New Member

Why yes thank you.That is my real hair color:tongue:

18. 1BiGG1

Gold Member

Geeeze Jason, where did you learn how to read? He's not asking your hair color, he's asking if you shave your pubes! :smile:

19. Elmer Gantry

Gold Member

Albums:

Obama can't walk away from it and he won't be allowed to.

The WaPo article was also notable for it's complete lack of figures to back any of it up. "Only" 20 servicemen were killed and "only" 530 civilians perished. In one month.

If that's winning, I'd hate to see your idea of losing.

The WaPo is probably the worst reference for this issue. Why? Because of the contributors they have only a couple have been there and even then, they don't leave the green zone. The view they put forth is mostly regurgitated White House press releases. Their articles are always punctuated with "White House sources say..." or "Pentagon sources say....". Never any actual reporting.

#19 Elmer Gantry, Jun 1, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2008
  20. D_Cyprius Slapwilly

D_Cyprius Slapwilly New Member

This reminds me of an essay I read on the surge a few days ago. Not that I expect anyone to care about this, since shallow declarations of our victory are more appealing than actual reasoning on the issue. But in case anyone IS interested...

Foreign Affairs - The Price of the Surge - Steven Simon

Draft saved Draft deleted