NSA has been watching us ALL!

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Once again, I am Jack's total lack of surprise.

I have no qualms about saying this: I fucking told you so.
Yeah, I'm with ya on this. That anyone is surprised at this, is baffling. If you know what the NSA is, you already should've known that they have full access, to pretty much everything. Their whole purpose, is to gather as much of any kind of communication that they can. I mean, sure, I get the whole thing about the "unauthorized" aspect of it, but the fact of the matter, is that they DO have the access, and the thought that there aren't lines that occasionally get crossed, is just beyond naive.

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
really? they have? ever hear of that computer program that monitors/tracks phone calls...

be careful if you say someone "bombed" on stage... you will be tracked and monitored.... Even if you're talking about your child in who did a bad job in a 6th grade play! I think 60Minutes did a story on that few years back.....

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Yeah, I'm with ya on this. That anyone is surprised at this, is baffling. If you know what the NSA is, you already should've known that they have full access, to pretty much everything. Their whole purpose, is to gather as much of any kind of communication that they can. I mean, sure, I get the whole thing about the "unauthorized" aspect of it, but the fact of the matter, is that they DO have the access, and the thought that there aren't lines that occasionally get crossed, is just beyond naive.

i'm not surprised brah. i just didn't wanna believe it. i wanted for believe it was just "select peoples of interest" yah? and i think that, whether one knew of this or not, one should still be disgusted

but things are gonna change. obama has already ordered the "dismantling" (for lack of a better word) gitmo and other CIA "black sites," so i honestly think that this era is gonna come to one end soon brah

B_spiker067

Experimental Member
Media
i'm not surprised brah. i just didn't wanna believe it. i wanted for believe it was just "select peoples of interest" yah? and i think that, whether one knew of this or not, one should still be disgusted

but things are gonna change. obama has already ordered the "dismantling" (for lack of a better word) gitmo and other CIA "black sites," so i honestly think that this era is gonna come to one end soon brah

Grow up surferdude, the industrial scale will disappear, but have no doubt that torture will continue to happen. At least it will be illegal even when the President asks for it to be done. Sure they close Guantanamo but how about Diego Garcia?

You know what, this is the best policy to have (i.e. torture illegal) but still done on a very finite number of really known to be bad guys when time is of the essence. I think competence is what Obama will bring to this fight. I just hope that competence isn't ever turned homeward.

And I believe the NSA will always listen in on all messages. They may just computerized that screening and store those of interest and look back on them after an incident. They will keep listening.:frown1:

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Grow up surferdude, the industrial scale will disappear, but have no doubt that torture will continue to happen. At least it will be illegal even when the President asks for it to be done. Sure they close Guantanamo but how about Diego Garcia?

You know what, this is the best policy to have (i.e. torture illegal) but still done on a very finite number of really known to be bad guys when time is of the essence. I think competence is what Obama will bring to this fight. I just hope that competence isn't ever turned homeward.

And I believe the NSA will always listen in on all messages. They may just computerized that screening and store those of interest and look back on them after an incident. They will keep listening.:frown1:

the hell do you mean that i have to grow up? you're saying that i sholdn't be disgusted that the NSA has been spying on us? you're saying i should just be fine with it?

ben franklin once said "those who would trade freedom for security deserve neither" and i full on agree with him

B_spiker067

Experimental Member
Media
the hell do you mean that i have to grow up? you're saying that i sholdn't be disgusted that the NSA has been spying on us? you're saying i should just be fine with it?

ben franklin once said "those who would trade freedom for security deserve neither" and i full on agree with him

Grow up in the sense of not being gullible. If you think no one will get tortured, I've got a bridge to sell you.

Because the president will likely be the one directing that so and so specifically be tortured he will be more personally culpable. Whereas Bush just gave a blanket permission and walked away.