Nude beach issues

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Imported, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Imported

Gold Member

dmcrun: This topic may be better posted at something like SPSG (is there anything like that), but I figured that it was worth a shot. I have something that has really been worrying me for a little while. I have vacation plans for my girlfirend and I to go away on vacation to St. Martin with another couple in March. Sounds great right? Well since we made the plans we've all been doin a bit of research on the island and have found out that there are a lot of nude beaches there. My girlfriend and I have never been to a nude beach before and I'm not sure whether our friends have either, but my girlfriend and our friends have all made references of us going to the nude beach on our vacation. My problem is that I'm not very well endowed (espically when flaccid,1-1.5"), so going to a nude beach was not something that I ever planned on doing, to make things worse, the friends that we're vacationing with (who are good friends of ours, and I've known him for quite a while) have made a few comments here and there about him being very well endowed (not in relation to the vacation though). I also know an ex-girlfriend of his that made a similar comment once.

It really worries me to think about being naked in front of a lot of people, but if it were only people that I didn't know and never had to see again I think I could do it, but I worry about what our friends will think and that they might tell our other friends here.

At the same time though I don't want to be the only person that doesn't go to the nude beach. I come across as quite a confident person so if I said I didn't want to go to the nude beach it might be surpising to our friends and I have a feeling that they would definetely try to convince me to go. I'm trying not to turn this into a big deal and me not going nude may turn it into an even bigger deal.

I just know that I would feel very inadiquate standing or sitting beside any well endowed men while my girlfriend and friends are around.

I also worry that my girlfriend may not realize how under-endowed I am (I'm only her second partner) and that going to a nude beach may get her thinking about what it might be like to be with a bigger guy.

I'm not sure what nude beaches are like, but I also worry that once other guys see me that they may think they have an advantage and may want to try to talk to my girlfriend (she is quite attractive).

Has anybody been in a situation like this before? Can anyone think of a good reason or excuse that I could use to get out of going to the nude beach? Or does anyone have any advice at all? I could really use some help here because I've been worried about this for the past couple weeks and don't want to be worrying about this for another month and a half.

Sorry for the long post, but I've been having a lot of ideas going through my head about this. I'd really appreciate any help.
    Thanks

2. B_JohnTheHorse

B_JohnTheHorse New Member

Bottom line is that a nude beach is NOT and I repeat NOT a size competition. Anyone who blatently gets down on their knees and peers at your cock up close to judge your size is acting very inappropriately and should really mind her/his own business.

Another thing, why does it have to be mandatory? If you don't feel like baring all THEN DON'T.

Modesty is a nice quality in a person.

3. benderten2001

Gold Member

dmc, is your relationship with your g.f. TOTALLY dependent upon taking this "nude beach" vacation?

Can you still see her if you decline to take this trip?

I might seem facetious here, but you seemed to have placed so much importance on taking this trip!

There is a problem here, and it's very much (obviously) an understandable psychological problem for you.
    That's okay. But, the problem IS there and you are aware of it. You need to carefully think this through.

The "doubts" and "fears" (?) about this trip are trying to tell you deep down inside that (under these particular circumstances) you have YOUR OWN reasons for not going to this beach and they are good ones, too. You are likely to not totally enjoy yourself. Yes, chances are there will be other guys around you who are "better endowed" and that you will have to face the (emotional) consequences for yourself. (You're already dreading the "obvious", too, aren't you?)

Honestly, (and without knowing how long you've been seeing your g.f.) I submit taking this trip to a nude beach is way too early (now) in your relationship. Had your g.f. "already become aware" of your assets, and--over time, with the further nurturing of your relationship (whereby your size probably wouldn't matter to her anyway)...THEN you (both) might be more comfortable in the surroundings of a nude beach setting. But, you're not there yet (to my way of thinking.)

On the other hand, you can "muster up your courage" and go for it....go to the nude beach and face whatever you see and whatever happens. You can (try to) convince yourself what you have (size-wise) compared to others will still get the job done as needed and because "theirs" hangs longer--so what? However, (sub-consciously, and in all due respect), I don't believe you can realistically do this right now, can you? Nude beaches may not be intended to be a size comparison arena, but in reality, when the human body is fully in view, people look. And, people react and respond. If you're already self-conscious, I can't imagine suddenly becoming immuned to your inner feelings. I really can't . Over time, being in a nude beach setting may become "more comfortable", but your first time might prove to be menacing beyond measure-- for you especially.

Personally, I would decline the trip and come up with another (special outing or two) whereby you and your g.f. can develop your relationship in other ways--more "emotionally healthier" ways (which would not induce situations that would stir up environments that would make either of you uncomfortable or misdirect the attention away from each other.)

Taking this trip to a nude beach in your current (again, most understandable frame of mind)...is only asking for a heartache. IMHO, you deserve MUCH better. ;)

4. Imported

Gold Member

dmcrun: Thanks for the input guys..
    JohnTheHorse, I know a nude beach is not a size competition but I know that it is natural for people to look. I know (hope) nobody is going to say, "oh my god, you have small penis"..but in the back of my mind I know that our friends will likely talk about it as soon as I'm not around, and that makes me quite uncomfortable. Although I'm hoping the beach will be clothing optional, I would feel weird being in a group of 4 and me being the only person wearing a bathing suit.. I can already picture the other couple saying "nobody cares, just take it off"

Benderten, the vacation is already paid for ( we got a good early bird deal) and wasn't intended as a nude beach vacation, it was simply to be a nice relaxing tropical vacation, the whole nude beach thing didn't even cross my mind until we'd paid for it. I've been with my GF for quite a while now, but I'm scared to tell her about my concerns because I don't want her to know that I think I have a small one or that it's even something that I'm concerned about. I think that she knows that I'm rather small but that she thinks it's not something that I really worry or think about (that's how I always have tried to play it off).

5. Imported

Gold Member

bigrrr: go to the nude beach relax and have a good time....your girl friend probably ....knows about your endowment and she seems to have no problem with it...so your a grower not a shower everyone will be looking at your big dicked buddy any way...just joking ....relax and don't worry about it

6. Imported

Gold Member

AUncut10in: I have been to nude beaches and here is my read on them. Sure when you first get there, it is pretty stimulating and you naturally will want to compare yourself with others. But by the time you are there for 20 minutes, the nudity is not that big of deal. To cancel the trip just because of the nude beach thing seems pretty drastic. What I would recommend is you go ahead and go. Not everyone who goes to a nude beach chooses to take off all their clothes. So wear your suit and only take it off if you feel comfortable. If they rib you, just tell them you are personally very modest, but they are free to do what they feel comfortable with. Bring some cards, or something to read so the center of the event isnt the nudity. I have been to nude beaches in the Carribean with friends and no one took their clothes off. Later you may feel comfortable. You can probably be discrete enough to lie on your stomach without your freinds ever seening your dick. Just don't stress about it. Your confidence is going to tell the most about you. As for your girlfriend being wooed by someone with a big dick, I doubt that is going to happen. They dont tend to be that kind of place, and if your gf would run off with some guy just because he has a bigger dick than you, well what kind of relationship do you really have.

7. Imported

Gold Member

junior15074: If you are that uncomfortable about going to the nude beach explain it to others that would make it uncomfortable for you and that you would rather not go. However I must tell you, at least from the women I have met and have heard from other forums, if your girlfriend loves you, she is in love with you not your penis. Guys are really fixated on their penises. Most of the guys I see at the gym I belong to (not withstanding the guys in LPSG) are in the smaller category. Most of the ones I see are one to 3 inches in length. None of the ones who are smaller seem to care. Granted they are in front of other guys but no one seems to care. There are very few guys that are large (4 1/2 or more) flaccid length. I bet if you go to the nude beach no one will really care. A lot will depend on how you react. If they see you having a good time soaking in the sights and sun, I don't think your friends are going to make any comments to you. I bet your male friend will not say anything about it. I have a friend in your category. We both belong to the same gym. I am much larger than him but I have never commented to him about his size. Quite frankly I didn't think about it. He brought it up once but I told him look around and you will see other guys your size. I bet you will see a lot of guys your size on the beach.

I say go for it and have a good time. You may surprise yourself. I'm sure your girlfriend didn't date you for your penis. I know guys with larger penises who are @#$%*. I'm sure a nude beach will not change her mind about you.

8. Imported

Gold Member

mm5166: I once dated a guy that was the most beautiful thing that must ever have existed. Take me, and make me 100 times hotter ( I Know it's hard ;D). The guy may have had a small penis, I can tell you that I didn't care at all.

So here's my point : are you good-looking ? Funny ? Charismatic ? If you are, then there is no point in refusing the offer, since those caracteristics of yours will be much more apparent then the dick issue.

9. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Odds are, dmcrun, that upon returning from your wonderful, exciting trip (nude beaches and all), if someone asks your girlfriend if you showed a big dick on the beach, she'll say,

"I didn't notice. We were having such a good time that I only remember the fun we had. What a guy!"

Pecker

People who throw kisses are hopelessly lazy.

10. Imported

Gold Member

norseman: Geez Dm, I think you've gotta go.

You've built this up to be too big a deal. Just do it. Plan on having a good time, and you will. I spend A LOT of time at a clothing optional beach every summer. Its FAR from a beauty contest or a ruler race. Besides, guys tend to shrink up pretty good around the water since its damn unlikely to be at or above body temperature even in the Caribbean.

I also think that you need to come out to the girlfriend about this dick size insecurity issue. She's likely to fall all over herself (and perhaps your dick) to reassure you that you're man enough for her. Besides, it will show your vulnerable side. Chicks dig that.

Good luck and Go Bare,

Norse

11. Imported

Gold Member

rangersean: Go, wear your suit. Tell your friends you'd rather not get a sun-burned willie. You may find yourself being comfortable once you're there. You may not.

Try not to worry about what other people think, even your friends. I know it's difficult, boy do I know.

If your friends try to pressure you, just tell them that if they want to see you naked so bad you'll have to charge them for the privilage.

12. Imported

Gold Member

Superchest_Funbird: Just enjoy yourself, relax and soak up the sun and surf.

13. Imported

Gold Member

Ragazzaccio: [quote author=dmcrun link=board=meetgreet;num=1075313738;start=0#0 date=01/28/04 at 10:06:38]This topic may be better posted at something like SPSG (is there anything like that), but I figured that it was worth a shot. I have something that has really been worrying me for a little while. I have vacation plans for my girlfirend and I to go away on vacation to St. Martin with another couple in March. Sounds great right? Well since we made the plans we've all been doin a bit of research on the island and have found out that there are a lot of nude beaches there. My girlfriend and I have never been to a nude beach before and I'm not sure whether our friends have either, but my girlfriend and our friends have all made references of us going to the nude beach on our vacation. My problem is that I'm not very well endowed (espically when flaccid,1-1.5"), so going to a nude beach was not something that I ever planned on doing, to make things worse, the friends that we're vacationing with (who are good friends of ours, and I've known him for quite a while) have made a few comments here and there about him being very well endowed (not in relation to the vacation though). I also know an ex-girlfriend of his that made a similar comment once.

It really worries me to think about being naked in front of a lot of people, but if it were only people that I didn't know and never had to see again I think I could do it, but I worry about what our friends will think and that they might tell our other friends here.

At the same time though I don't want to be the only person that doesn't go to the nude beach. I come across as quite a confident person so if I said I didn't want to go to the nude beach it might be surpising to our friends and I have a feeling that they would definetely try to convince me to go. I'm trying not to turn this into a big deal and me not going nude may turn it into an even bigger deal.

I just know that I would feel very inadiquate standing or sitting beside any well endowed men while my girlfriend and friends are around.

I also worry that my girlfriend may not realize how under-endowed I am (I'm only her second partner) and that going to a nude beach may get her thinking about what it might be like to be with a bigger guy.

I'm not sure what nude beaches are like, but I also worry that once other guys see me that they may think they have an advantage and may want to try to talk to my girlfriend (she is quite attractive).

Has anybody been in a situation like this before? Can anyone think of a good reason or excuse that I could use to get out of going to the nude beach? Or does anyone have any advice at all? I could really use some help here because I've been worried about this for the past couple weeks and don't want to be worrying about this for another month and a half.

Sorry for the long post, but I've been having a lot of ideas going through my head about this. I'd really appreciate any help.
    Thanks[/quote]

Yes,

there is indeed a Site for small penises. It is:

www.measurection.com

I am also a member there, not because my penis is small (it is 7 inches, so not smaller than average), but because I like discussing Penis Sizes with other Men, finding it a very interesting Issue. And then I am very fascinated by the variety in Penis Sizes. It is absolutely fascinating that you can see a very tall and muscular Man with a 5 inch Penis, and next to him you may see a skinny and short young Boy with a 8 inches Penis. This is absolutely amazing...

I myself have only been to a Nude Beach 4-5 Times, but I did enjoy it. It is only that now I have becomed afraid of the Idea of meeting maybe some College or my Boss there...so even that I very much like walking around Nude, I do not always have the Courage to do it. The Problem is that the Nude Beach in my Town is not strictly spitted up between the Nude Part and the Non Nude Part, so even in the Nude Beach you will find a lot of non nude people. If they were all nude, I would not mind, but I find it a little strange to walk around nude among clothed people...

Whatever you Penis Size is, you should not be afraid of beeing on a nude beach. Most penises are of course flaccid while on the beach, so most of them seem quite small. So if you seem small, you are certainly not the only one. I myself am more a grower than a shower. I am 7 inches hard, but only 4 inches flaccid. So I guess I do not seem big when walking around naked...On the other hand I have met many guys who were clearly bigger than me flaccid, but hard they were more or less the same. Showers they were..

14. HungArnold

HungArnold New Member

Wear a bathing suit or shorts if you are uncomfortable. It is not a requirement that everyone go nude. The correct term is "clothing optional".

People that frequent such beaches do so because they want to have the luxury of removing their clothes; they are not all raving size queens.

Draft saved Draft deleted