Nude beaches in Florida that attracts more younger crowd

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by D_Hercule Snailsnot, Mar 12, 2009.

1. D_Hercule Snailsnot

D_Hercule Snailsnot New Member

hey guys i know of haulover but not alot about it .... anyone have more info about this beach or other places in florida ...... I would like to go somehwere with a more younger crowd .... i'm 25 and my bf is 18 ..... and he's already hesitant about going (any ideas on motivating him??) ..... so i know he would prefer it to be a younger crowd instead of 40-50-60 + year olds

2. Hanger2

Hanger2 New Member

I try to visit Haulover Beach whenever I visit South Florida. It is a mixture of all ages that go there, so anyone will find others of their own age.

Most go naked but there are many who keep partially covered. Your best way to motivate him may be to not pressure him to get naked. Tell him that you would like him to go there with you but he can wear as much or as little as he wants, then strip naked when he is ready.

This is one of the few nudist beaches that I have visited where pervs hanging around in the bushes behind the beach looking for pickups is not a problem. Being a legal nude beach in a park area, the police patrol regularly, which keeps the pervs away.

3. D_Rolly O verBeethoven

D_Rolly O verBeethoven Account Disabled

Love this beach. Always lots to see with great variety.

4. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I don't think there is such a thing as a nude beach where only young people go, but you can situate yourselves in an area of people you feel more comfortable being close to. What is your BF uncomfortable with nudity or older people. If it's the nudity issue tell him it's clothing optional and if he wants to wear a bathing suit he can, most likely he will eventually shed his inhibitions once he is comfortable with the surroundings. If he is uncomfortable around older people...I have no advice except he might have to learn to be more broadminded and realize that someday he is going to be older if he is lucky!

5. erratic

Gold Member

I can't answer for Florida, but from my experience North American nude beaches are full of older people because nude beaches here are not at all the norm, and it takes most people a long time to get over their foibles before they're comfortable getting naked around strangers. Though I don't know your boyfriend, most teenagers I know have humongous body image complexes, which I think is part of being a person (let alone a young person) in this crazy culture.

The most effective line I've ever used to get someone okay with the idea of a nude beach is that it will make you feel a lot better about your own body to see what real human beings (not photoshopped magazine covers) look like with their clothes off.

Best of luck.

Photo_32 likes this.
  6. rick_c

rick_c New Member

Couldn't agree more with this person. I've been to Haulover annually for about the past 10 years and am quite comfortable with the scene. There is quite the mix of older and younger people at this beach. One of the reasons (IMO) that younger folks aren't into public nudity is because they didn't have to take showers with the other kids in P.E. class, even to the point of wrapping a towel around themselves when changing in/out of swim suits at the rec. center (still haven't figured that one out).

7. D_Hercule Snailsnot

thanks for all the replies :)

few things ..... I wasn't looking for a beach with only younger guys .... i just meant that i know he would be even more uncomfortable if there were middle aged guys staring at him the whole time..... and what i think is the main reason he doesn't want to really take part is that he is self-conscious even though he has absolutely no reason to at all .... he has an amazingly tight 18 yo body and if i had it i would love to show it off .... but hell it took him a few months before we could have sex in the light lol ......... love to hear more replies more advice about the beach (i.e. where to go on the beach) and any stories about experiences etc...

8. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

is he concerned about getting a boner? that kept me from nude beaching for a very long time.

9. D_Hercule Snailsnot

not sure but i dont think thats it lol

10. D_CountdeGrandePinja

D_CountdeGrandePinja Account Disabled

hey - never been there (really) but the only one I've heard about is Haulover on the Miami/Broward Co. line

Good luck!

11. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

Get over it, you just contradicted yourself. That's a dumb question. Find a group of 50 guys who are 18 and surround yourself with them.

12. carlton10

carlton10 Member

Try Playalinda near Titusville and the Kennedy Space Center -Also Apollo Beach is not too far from there. Playalinda has a lot more parking.

13. jodaho

jodaho New Member

Albums:
    What part of Florida is haulover beach in? Next time I visit Florida just might have to visit it.

14. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Haulover Beach, Florida
    Have fun, it's a great beach!

15. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

What Nudeyorker, said!

This is a great beach. At Haulover, you will find a lot of straight, gay, older and younger folk. What I like most about it, is that there is VERY Little attitude or judgment (unlike at Sebastian Beach--also in FL). My Hubby and I go to Haulover every time we get back to Lauderdale. I am looking forward to our trip this summer.

Us on the beach:
    http://www.lpsg.org/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/79589/cat/500/ppuser/830

16. matt121matt121

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thanks for the info on the scene at this beach, yea I'm younger 24, and I don't understand all of the extreme lengths that some guys go to to cover up, when I was in hs it seemed like everyone's ideas around nudity changed over the course of 4 years, I mean when i was a freshman, all the senior and most of the juniors on the swim team showered nude, the band was pretty open about changing on the bus, and they pretty much all wore tighty whities and nothing else under their uniforms, and then by the time of my senior year, no swimmers showered nude (the big disadvantage of the swim team), though I didn't want to have the chemicals of shampoo and soap ruin my speedos so I took them off so I could rinse them out in cold water like the instructions say, and the band all the guys not only wore boxer, but they wore shorts over their boxer, under our uniforms which were already EXTREMELY hot with only briefs and a tshirt under them, they were REALLY DEADLY HOT with shorts and boxers and a normal everyday tshirt instead of just an undershirt, so despite the others, I would go to special effort to change into briefs and a normal tshirt to wear.

I so know what you mean I"m 24 and i don't want to be gauked at though I'm probably not nearly as hot as your guy,

One way to avoid getting stared at would be just going to a mixed crowd beach rather than an all gay beach, though i don't think there is a all gay nude beach.

Who's idea is it to go to the nude beach?
    Maybe you could get him a speedo, or he could borrow one of mine, lol, and he could wear than under some trunks, and then as he's feeling comfortable he could remove the trunks, and then once he gets comfortable wearing just the speedo maybe he'd feel liberated enough to go nude. I know that it took me several years to be comfortable wearing a speedo and only a speedo around non speedo wearing crowds, and really only went to a nude beach when I was in Australia and it wasn't very crowded as it wasn't an official nude beach.

One thing that really helped me get over my fear of speedo wearing, was when me and some friend all wore matching suits to a waterpark, as this declared that we were here and we didn't care what other people thought and there were like 6 of us, so what were they gonna do. Again strength in numbers, as we could entertain ourself and were having so much fun we didn't have time to think or care about what other people thought. Once you do something and realize just how much no one else is really paying any attention to your actions its amazing, and your like why didn't I do this years before.

Let me know when you guys want to go and maybe we could see about getting some other younger guys there, so we wouldn't be surrounded by people that we wouldn't be the most comfortable around, theres always strength in numbers.

Could you tell us alittle more about what you mean by attitude and judgement at Sebastian Beach in FL? I just moved here and have only been there once, I did sorta get a sense that me and my friend didn't belong, though it could have just been because we were new, and this beach seemed a little clickly, sorta like a gay bar, and it didn't seem like a very big beach, as there is no clear definition of where gay and straight start and stop.

I would think that Haulover beach, would just naturall y have less attitude since it is bigger, and is open to a wider demographic, and just probably isn't as clicky since its not gay only.

#16 matt121matt121, Mar 30, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  17. matt121matt121

Gold Member

Albums:
    THis also was a concern that I had, but so far it hasn't been a problem, and if you do feel yourself getting turned on when laying on the beach, you can just flip over, best to predig a hole in the sand under your towel to help with this, though I think I'm actually more inclided to getting a bonor at the beach, when wearing a speedo than I am nude. Its all about relaxation, the more relaxed you are there is a slightly higher chance.

18. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Sebastian Beach is a real show-off beach. It's more about flaunting a 'roid bod or Versace (or D&G) trunks than relaxing and enjoying a day at the beach. I'll go with friends, but never alone: it's just not my scene at all.

The demarcations of Sebastian Beach are obvious when you're there. It's a very pretentious oasis of queer in a sea of fratboys and the balloon-titted girls whom they find attractive. The best place to go for a tan and relaxing time on Ft Lauderdale beach is just north of Sunrise Blvd. It's much more enjoyable and has none of the catty overtones of Sebastian.

At any rate, none of Ft Lauderdale's beach is in any way clothing-optional. Attempting to remove one's trunks would result in immediate arrest.

Haulover is lots of fun, and as has been said before, is very diverse. When Lex comes down this Summer, I'm gonna finagle a ride down with him and Bubba, for sure.

19. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

Bbucko really hit the nail on the head. I am a fit, muscular guy in decent shape and I still would not got to Sebastian. Haulover just has a MUCH more laid back, nonchalant atmosphere.

You better believe it!

20. TopDudeFtl

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I remember my first visit to Haulover; it was about ten years ago, I was invited to go with a friend who was in college at the time. He was thin, tanned (& HUNG). Then there was my not-so-thin, pasty white ass going to the nude beach for the first time. I was mortified the first time. :redface: After about an hour, I was more relaxed. I felt very comfortable. There were all kinds of people there. Young, old, thin, fat, tan, pasty, straight, gay, bi, tall, short, well you know what I mean. I didn't notice any pervs. To be honest, there will always be some perv somewhere. The cops patrol the beach (I was asked to stop "touching myself" once when applying lotion to my cock) so there is a sense that people have to watch what they're doing. I was going to head down to meet a friend there yesterday but I stayed in the office instead. (Now I wish even more that I had gone!) Either way, if the BF decides he doesn't want to lay out in public...you guys can stop by my house. We have a nice tropical setting in the back yard with a nice pool...and it's getting warmer every day! :wink:

Bbucko: as for meeting Lex when they come down...I'll drive! :biggrin1:

Draft saved Draft deleted