Nude beaches

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by xxxdbxxx, Mar 26, 2008.

1. xxxdbxxx

xxxdbxxx New Member

So I'm about to leave work for the day heading to the beach, I live on the east coast of Florida with 2 nude beaches within an hour of my home. Just wondering if there are many of you that frequent them just for the pure enjoyment of laying out nude in nature. Its not a sexual experience or anything. Just great being able to walk around letting it all hang out. Is fun seeing reactions from others too. It can be cruisy at times, but that's not the aspect of it I'm looking for.

Why is it that not many young guys go? Most men there are over 40 or 50 and typically not the best bodies to be showin off.

2. sfniceguy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I would say that of the nude beaches I go, the age range is fairly wide. But, now that I think of it, I have to say that I don't recall seeing many guys who look to be in their 20's. The younger men seem to be about 30.

Speaking for myself, I never had the nerve to go to a nude beach until I was in my 30's. Perhaps people in their 20's are often too shy -- not having yet developed a strong sense of self-esteem?

3. Hippie Hollow Girl

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Social nudism just doesn't seem to be as popular these days within the college age bracket. (Unless they grew up in the nudist lifestyle) And then, even if someone grows up in the nudist lifestyle......they may not choose to practice nudism in their 20's.....Maybe they are rebelling.

I know AANR has done some studies and I can't remember all the results of the studies......But it appears that the twenty something year old young people of today are used to instant gratification.....They are not into organized anything..... and nudism may be too boring for them at this stage of their lives. They are too busy going to school, partying and starting up their careers.

Sometimes you see young couples in their twenties.....but usually after the kids start coming the families get all wrapped up in the child rearing. It is a lot of shit to have to wag out to the beach when you have young children. So, usually unless the family is die hard nudists the families with children start going to the beach less often.

Usually around the time that the kids are older and can fend for theirself......the married couples rediscover their love for nudism......and they start using the nude beaches for their get away time. I think that is why you see more upper thirty ish......forty ish people out at the nudist beaches. Even if the wife is not a nudism fan (because she hates her body) she will usually let her husband go by his self. Or this is what the men say.

Then there is another group of people......retired or rich people that are on the nudist beaches. I think they are called snowbirds here. People that live up north and come to the beaches in the winter time.

Living here in Austin, I would think my travel club would have more college students in it......and we do have a few.... 2 that I know of.....and they came on their own. But there just doesn't seem to be any interest from the college age people these days. They are just too busy. Or they don't want to have any part of organized nudism.

Out at Hippie Hollow (which is a public nudist / clothing optional beach......like Haulover.....except that you have to be 18 or older to go there.....because a politition used it as a political platform in 1995.......)I meet young college aged people from all over the world. Maybe having a public nudist beach nearby makes people not want to join organized nudist organizations. Just a thought.

One thing I enjoyed at Haulover Beach when I visited there......Sand volleyball. I would think that would draw more young men. All the nudist beaches need to make sure they keep their sand volleyball equipment up to parr.

4. hngthkbadboy

hngthkbadboy New Member

Always go to Haulover Beach in Miami when i visit there and it always was very mixed in age ranges and very busy.

5. B_Hung Jon

B_Hung Jon New Member

There's this famous naked beach near San Diego in southern cali called Black's Beach which has been around for years. My dad used to go there when he was young. There are a lot of young military peeps that hang out there so maybe they're less self-conscious about nudity.

6. D_Iskepee_Longwoodee

Been to the nude beaches at Martha's Vineyard...I also went to the natural clay baths and hot springs...it is awesome.

7. B_JohnTheHorse

B_JohnTheHorse New Member

I go to nude beaches once or twice each summer season. Last year I went to a place called Little Beach on Maui. I am big so I went to the more secluded part of the beach. Lots of cruising I gotta say and also a few men my size which suprised me.

8. RedScrotum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I went to Haulover while i was on vacation 3 weeks ago. It was the first time that i had been to a nude beach. It was one of those things that I wanted to do in my 20's and 30's but never got around to it, or didn't have the nerve to do, so maybe the older people on the beaches now are just getting around to it, too. there seemed to be a nice range of ages there that day, but probably the majority was older than 35-40. can't wait til next winter vacation to go to Haulover again

9. shyguyftl

shyguyftl New Member

Where is the other Beach? All I knew of is Haulover. Me and my other 30 year old friend always go to the nude beach just becuase we like to be naked. Very free feeling.

10. xxxdbxxx

xxxdbxxx New Member

I'm actually north of Haulover, there's two in the Canaveral National park near NASA. I have been to Haulover also and there's a much better mixture of people there. The ones here are small lack parking so it can be a pain to go at times... but totally worth every minute.

11. Gary Fl

Gary Fl New Member

I'm guessing you go to Apollo Beach and Playalinda. I live in central Fla. too. I think one gets more comfortable in one's skin as age creeps up. I've noticed too that 30's seems to be the youngest. However, I've seen 20's (hetro couples) at Apollo before.

I'm in my 50's and I love the feel of the sun all over. I would NEVER have done that when I was younger. Much more liberating now.

Gary

12. inwait8

inwait8 Active Member

Albums:
    27 here... I went to a nude beach on the Cape last summer and loved it. I will definitely be going back this summer It was very liberating... very freeing to be nude and have it not be a big deal. There were guys of all ages though most were probably over 30. Didn't phase me any.

13. B_Hung Muscle

B_Hung Muscle New Member

I've been to Haulover and Black's, Little Beach on Maui and Turtle Cove near Cairns in Australia, the nude part of Jones Beach in NY and Herring Cove dunes. I've also sunbathed nude in the English Garden in Munich. I love nude beaches; the vibe is fantastic -- but I have to say, I just wish they had a bit more amenities for the visitor (like umbrellas). The sun can be kind of unforgiving on my pale ass...

14. STLguy

STLguy Well-Known Member

Albums:
    If HM is on a nude beach...I'd be there in a heart beat.... grrrrrrrr

15. sargon20

Gold Member

Donkey Beach on Kauai was my favorite but like everything it seems it is no more. New owners shut down all the fun.

16. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I've been to Black's numerous times - only 7 miles away. From Torrey Pines Road just south of Genesee Avenue, look for signs for the Glider Port. Park in the dirt parking lot. The access to the beach is difficult and keeps the mainstream public away. You either have to walk from the north or south for several miles, or hike down the trail at the Glider Port to get there. The south section is primarily surfers. The central part is the family / hetro area. The north seciton is the gay beach.

It's great to blend in the crowd by taking it off and enjoying the surf. It feels wonderful to have the bubbly salt water over all your parts!

17. MARCOPOLO4

MARCOPOLO4 New Member

i always go over to haulover beach every time i visit south florida but, it's a hit or miss situation with the weather. i have been there when the weather could'nt be nicer and i've been there when the wind was unforgiving with sand blowing in every direction.

18. piercedjobbie

piercedjobbie New Member

Albums:
    I go to Apollo Beach as often as possible and I must agree that most of the men and women are 50 + years of age. I am also but had I had the opportunity at a younger age I would have gone to a nude beach, but that's me. Yes, it is enjoyable to walk the beach, talk to people, and body surf or swim nude or just soak up the sun. If more people tried it they would like it.

19. sevenstrong

sevenstrong New Member

I hit Haulover when I was in FL last August. I'm still a little uncomfortable when a guy is staring at me.

I was there a few hours and had a couple fans and there were no ladies around. I was about to leave when a latin hottie laid about 15 feet directly behind me. She was discreet about her exposure. Started with 2 piece thong, then topless, then laying on her belly facing away from me finally slipped the thong off. Nice view :smile:

20. The Legend

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    i would go i love nudity and being naked but i live in a cold place ahah and not many others are so its kinda awakward ya know

Draft saved Draft deleted