Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
hey candoso, I'm talking about the Chicago steamworks mainly. Even though it's a chain, they're all different. The Chicago one has a large gym, mostly free weights. I've worked out nude there and in underwear, have seen other guys do the same.
It's not heavily "bear-ish" at all (except when they have the bear parties twice a month)... tons of hot guys of all ages and body types.
In this day and age, when so many sex places are loosing business because everyone is hooking up via their phones, it's great that there's a sex club that's still rocking!

candoso00

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
hey candoso, I'm talking about the Chicago steamworks mainly. Even though it's a chain, they're all different. The Chicago one has a large gym, mostly free weights. I've worked out nude there and in underwear, have seen other guys do the same.
It's not heavily "bear-ish" at all (except when they have the bear parties twice a month)... tons of hot guys of all ages and body types.
In this day and age, when so many sex places are loosing business because everyone is hooking up via their phones, it's great that there's a sex club that's still rocking!
Am really bummed that there isn't one of these near me!

Reactions: mrdjx

hot showers

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I've never been to a gym where guys work out naked, but I have been to YMCA's with gym equipment in the locker rooms, so you work out surrounded by nudity. The most dramatic example was at a Y in Charlotte, which had (and presumably still has, but it's been a few years) a sprawling locker with 2 wet areas at opposite ends and towel distribution in the middle, so there was nudity all over the place. Near the central towel distribution area was a section with several treadmills and other machines. It was definitely motivating to get to see so much dick while getting in my run. It was equally motivating to look forward to soon being on the dick-showing side of the equation after my workout!

mrdjx

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In Paris, there is a popular pool with gym facility for nudists. Most nudists go there to swim or do aquarobic but there are a few like to work out at the gym. After a good exercise, there is a steam room to relax. Been there once, but can't say if there is cruising.

If you're looking to cruise, there are plenty of places with naked night for gay and straight crowd. Most saunas in Paris have gym facility and naked nights so you can work out in the gym, naked at a gay sauna. ;)
what's the name of this pool?

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The OP, is one of the most candid and honest postings I have read on LPSG. None of that nonsense about working out . Just a pace where nude guys can Cruze and hang out . None of the BS about working out and then going to shower; or working out and going to the sauna. Just a place to look, show off, perv and try and get laid

Throw in a DJ and a two drink minimum bar, just to make the design complete :D

Reactions: JocksNTights

None of the BS about working out
The op said this gym "allows members to work out in the nude...you work out, and your hormones at raging, and there are good looking people around you that have just worked out." So it's about working out and cruising at the same time.

Reactions: candoso00

Nudistpig

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The op said this gym "allows members to work out in the nude...you work out, and your hormones at raging, and there are good looking people around you that have just worked out." So it's about working out and cruising at the same time.
every gym until 1980's...

Nudistpig

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Just wondering if anyone knows if this exists. I was thinking if this existed people might use it. I imagine a gym that is kitted out like a normal gym but it allows members to work out in the nude or in underwear only. I thought it could be nice it just work out in my jockstrap and jockstrap only. Then there could be a cruising section for pre or post workout. Like a cruising sauna. It makes sense, coz you work out, and your hormones at raging, and there are good looking people around you that have just worked out.

Anyone thought of this before or know if this exists somewhere?
Steamworks baths Toronto. You can work out on the smallish gym in a jock. Most baths with gyms. Private men's clubs still have nude swimming and athletics. Hotels during gay events like IML, clothing optional guesthouses have small facilities and lastly, there are likely private and public facilities which are rentable for private events. I hope my organization will offer nude workouts in a year or so.

boatnik

Worshipped Member
Media
Many years ago I built a complete home gym so I can work out naked. There's no better way to lift weights. No clothes to bind up and restrict movement. One of the main benefits is having bare feet so you can actually grip the floor or bench when doing squats or leg presses. If you can find a way to exercise nude, I highly recommend it.

Nudistpig

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My dad went to one years ago in Greece. He talks about it after a few beers, only time I’ve ever heard of one existing.
Greece is the inventor of the naked gymnasium. The word is Greek. When the fad for Hellenic athletics hit Europe in the 19th century, gyms were often naked.

Reactions: fratjoc8c

squadleader

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Not exactly nude gym, but others in my era may remember the nude orthopedic exercise station, during the US draft board and enlistment pre-induction physical exams. During the Vietnam War, probably 90% of 18 y/o to 24 y/o American males reported for these exams, often repeatedly. I personally experienced the nude exercises twice, and worked briefly as a medic an an examining center where they were required. Whether recruits wore boxers, briefs or a jockstrap, they all came off and typically a group of 20 to 30 formed up in a circle, and demonstrated their skills in performing push-ups, jumping jacks, high step running in place etc. and the all time favorite duck walking, both forward and backwards, all while medics and doctors stood in the center of the circle observing the show. There typically were not a lot of repetitions required but it did make for a strange experience (and sight) for those who had been accustomed to wearing a jockstrap and shorts for exercises in school PE classes since before adolescence. The internet has several blogs where the reasons for nudity in the exercises have been discussed but not resolved, but it still evokes neat memories.