Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Life drawing can only be properly done live. The artist observes the shapes and shades of an actual 3D body and can move around to get a better perspective while drawing from a 2D photo or screen already loses much of the visual information needed.

Technology is good for many things but this is not one of them.
Have to agree here, I've drawn from photos but it's not the same thing. Also my buddy and "classmate" at this thing observed that when drawing from Zoom, everybody in the group had the same view, you lose the subtle changes in perspective from where the individual artists are sitting. That seems like evidence of what you're saying. But during COVID it was that or not draw.

Fantastic.adoration

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Have to agree here, I've drawn from photos but it's not the same thing. Also my buddy and "classmate" at this thing observed that when drawing from Zoom, everybody in the group had the same view, you lose the subtle changes in perspective from where the individual artists are sitting. That seems like evidence of what you're saying. But during COVID it was that or not draw.
Skype is better than zoom tbh, and you can tell the model to move when needing another view or different pose, i don't know, it makes things easier, makes the model more comfortable if he is in his own home by himself and not surrounded of people in a maybe cold room

Jake1973

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Skype is better than zoom tbh, and you can tell the model to move when needing another view or different pose, i don't know, it makes things easier, makes the model more comfortable if he is in his own home by himself and not surrounded of people in a maybe cold room
Yeah I can definitely see that if they have never posed before. And the room last night was freezing, sorry I didn't represent LPSG better!

Fantastic.adoration

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Bu
Yeah I can definitely see that if they have never posed before. And the room last night was freezing, sorry I didn't represent LPSG better
But it seems I'm being judged by doing it on live camera and not in person, everyone should remember that not everyone has the luck to have a live model in person to be able to draw, some of us are unlucky in that aspect so we do what we can to be able to fullfil that dream or archive that goal

Jake1973

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Bu

But it seems I'm being judged by doing it on live camera and not in person, everyone should remember that not everyone has the luck to have a live model in person to be able to draw, some of us are unlucky in that aspect so we do what we can to be able to fullfil that dream or archive that goal
I wasn't judging you, I just agreed with the assessment that it's not ideal. But even if you can find a drawing group a lot of times they are very tame to cater to a broad audience, and you have no choice of who the model is or how they pose.

Fantastic.adoration

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I wasn't judging you, I just agreed with the assessment that it's not ideal. But even if you can find a drawing group a lot of times they are very tame to cater to a broad audience, and you have no choice of who the model is or how they pose.
But the other guy did

Fantastic.adoration

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If you live in an area or closer you can assist there, but I live in an area far away of that

Jake1973

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
It wasn't a class, but I sat for an artist who wanted to focus on my dick. Of course I was not going to complain!
View media item 10623621He really liked it, calling it beautiful and the biggest he'd ever seen. Of course he ended up playing with it... when I didn't quite know how he wanted me to position, he asked permission to move my fingers, and little by little got bolder touching it and eventually taking over stroking me when needed. I ended up rubbing one out with his help. Totally CMNM fun!

Jake1973

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Y
I posed nude many time when I was in college. I found it really interesting to see how my body looked to other students when done as a painting or sketch. The classes had both male and female students.
yeah it is eye-opening how you are seen by others. Some people were cruel, others generous.

hardboy_fll

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
yeah it is eye-opening how you are seen by others. Some people were cruel, others generous.

I've seen it all. Classes in colleges and art schools typically have more freaky artists. One guy drew me like I was a body builder and I'm no muscle guy at all. One girl drew me like a caricature with big eyes and a goofy smile. There were always one or two good ones who you just knew were going to be good at whatever they tried.

One of the things that happened in this crazy college class during a break when we were all goofing around was a guy said that the girl at the easel next to him drew me with an erection, but I never got to see it. She cackled and crumpled it up very quickly. Naturally that put the thought in my head so you can guess what happened in the 20 minute standing pose that I took next.