Nude Portrait

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by travis1985, Nov 6, 2011.

1. travis1985

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I have a friend (not incredibly close, maybe 6 out of 10 with 10 being best friends and 1 being strangers) who's pretty hot, and happens to paint portraits. I'm thinking of how hot it would be if he painted me nude. Nothing sexual would happen, I'm sure. He is straight and I'm not out to him. I thought you guys might like to talk about the idea as much as I'd like to read your thoughts on it.

2. ynos885

ynos885 New Member

That depends... what do you look like? :p

3. B_Hornaplenty

B_Hornaplenty New Member

Just what is so hot about a painted portrait of you nude? (What is so hot about being photographed nude? Or what's hot about being seen nude?)

Getting to your specific inquiry about such a painting, here are a few things to consider: 1) An artist doesn't whip out a painting in a few minutes...are you aware and prepared to pose nude for several hours on several different days until it's completed? 2) Does this artist paint realistic or impressionistic images? Depending on that, and his interpretation of your features, the final result may not look like you anyway. 3) Are you comfortable hanging the final result on your walls, or will it end up in the back of a closet or up in the attic? 4) Unless you have a very generous friend (level 6?) are you aware how expensive a portrait is, specifically a full length nude portrait? 5) Do you really have an appreciation for art or is this idea just a whim?

Those are some thoughts that you asked for.

4. travis1985

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Okay, okay, so the idea does nothing for you. I could tell that from your first sentence. Feel free to move along.

And yes, I'm aware of all those things. I've been around artists my whole life and did a few nude film appearances in my early 20's. Nothing new about this but the idea of posing for my friend for a novelty finished product.

5. B_beltboy

B_beltboy New Member

Go for it! Offer to do it and see what he says. Artists are very open minded. I can just imaging the moment when you are popping a woody during the session, and his reaction...

Keep us updated on this.

6. Hoss

Gold Member

Albums:

So it would be hot but nothing sexual:confused: The fact that you say you think it would be "hot" says you have some level of sexual excitement about it.

I figure this way if you are friends, and he's an artist that does these portraits, you might as well go for it if you want.

Question, will he keep the portrait and put it on display somewhere like in a gallery showing where hundreds or even more might see it, or will it be yours and will you hang it on your living room wall where all visitors will see it?

Question 2 Has he asked you yet or have you asked him?

7. travis1985

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    He has suggested a portrait, but I haven't taken him up on it yet or suggested that it be nude. I imagine I would keep the painting as I'm assuming I would be a paying customer (nothing has been said to the contrary, and I would think pro-bono status would be part of the pitch if that had ever been his intention).

Draft saved Draft deleted