Nude when Sharing a Room?

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Last time I had an extended hotel stay with a roommate, I would shower before bed, then once under the sheets I'd take my shorts off.

I think it's just courtesy.

SammyQ

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
This weekend im sharing a hotel room with three other guys. I don't planning on sleeping nude. Ill probablly wear boxer briefs but im not sure if i should wear a shirt or not because i have to share a bed.
Like someone said before, to walk around basically nude is a different story. I have no problem coming out of the bathroom naked to get clothes. My friends don't really care and its not like there looking.

D_WAfang1245

Just Browsing
Media
My GF Brother is comming over to stay at my place for the weekend he is a year younger than me. would to be wrong or offensive for me to be naked or shower around him?

Peter Wood

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I always sleep naked. Why making it such a problem? I’m not parading around to show, but who doesn’t want to see me has to look the other side.
If you do this as a natural thing you make it much more acceptable for the one you share a room with. What to think of seeing another guy taking off his underwear while he’s under the sheets? Or a guy putting on his underwear after showering while having a towel around his waist???? I would feel embarrassed, kind of locked out. The fact that you share a room means that you are or are becoming close family or friends.​

steven0995

Experimental Member
Media
If you sleep that way and are comfortable with it, then I would probably recommend slipping your shorts off under the sheets. If he questions why you're doing that, tell him it's out of respect for him -- you always sleep that way, and didn't want to make him uncomfortable. If he doesn't object or says he doesn't mind, then you could slip your shorts off before getting into bed or just act like you normally would.

SpandexGear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I sleep butt naked all the time at home and in hotels etc.

If friends are over (str8 or gay) -- and they crash on the coach or where ever -- they know it is clothing optional -- most dudes keep to their underwear -- but a few feel comfortable enought to head off to the shower / piss / dry off butt naked which I always took a compliment -- that they were comfortable at my place.

Recently took a trip south -- stayed at a resort in shared room with some friends (str8 & gay). Day one everyone was taking turns changing in the bathroom -- which I found odd. Just guys in the room after all. Day two I got fed up with waiting to change and just started changing out in the room. My buds followed suit soon after. And because it was so fucking hot -- we soon got use to each other either sleeping in underwear or butt naked. I never thought of it as a big deal -- even when dudes woke up hard -- just guy shit really. Nothing to be freaked about.

:cool:

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The Op's question involved his Dad! Geez, this sounds like one of my posts.I would never sleep naked with my Father nor he with me. We did once by mistake I was about 4 and afraid of something and climbed in bed. I was not naked.It is true what they say about christmas trees when your young.

jack99821

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I sleep nude, and I've never changed that habit based on someone else. It's a comfort thing for me, not an exhibitionist thing, and if you're confident enough about it (just don't act like it's a big deal) people can tell. If I were sharing a room with my grandmother, or my little sister or something, I'd put some boxers on, but seeing as I don't have a grandmother or a little sister... it's a bit of a non-issue.

p2grow

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
i don't worry about others, just shuck the shorts......i do what is comfortable for me....it is usually dark in the room anyway when all go to sleep. in the mornings, just find my shorts and pull them back on..

Reactions: Geo80

Fire Stick

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
When going off to la-la-land, everyone deserves to be comfortable. In the absence of having advance knowledge that the sight my naked body would cause genuine trauma to someone, I woud not feel obliged to wear shorts just because I was sharing a room with other men. Everybody is male; everybody has a penis and a set of balls. If I am comfortable with my bare ass and genitals, then it is reasonable under most circumstances to expect them to be.

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I sleep nude most of the time, but when staying over or crashing at a mate's place I make a point of leaving on my briefs and a t shirt before sleeping.

MovingForward

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
How old are you? Sounds like your dad is a pervert.

When my family would go on trips, we would save money by getting one room. Me and my dad in one bed, my two sisters and my mom in the other. I have no clue what my dad wore to bed, but yeah. I am 27 and still sleep with my dad.

<~~~just cheap

Reactions: Geo80

lasolasbud

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I prefer not to share rooms unless it's with a very close friend. I'll pay extra just to have the privacy option of being able to be nude and jack off without thinking of a stranger in the room. Early in my professional career I had to share rooms with colleagues on business trips and had many awkward moments. I sleep nude too and always wake up with a hard on. One occasion I woke early and went to the bathroom to take a piss while my room mate was still asleep. Not really thinking, I pissed and walked out of the bathroom sporting a big erection. My room mate was awake and sitting at the edge of the bed. There wasn't much I could say or do except walk across the room, crawl back into the bed and let the erection subside. I didn't think much of it, after all, it was accidental and shouldn't have been a problem. My room mate was nice guy, married with a couple of kids and great to work with. We went to the office, had some meetings and concluded the day with a meal and a few drinks at the hotel bar. I was exhausted, excused myself, left him at the bar and retired to the room for a good night's sleep. Deep in sleep, I woke to find my colleague going down on me. I pretended not to be awake and let him suck me off. I didn't mention it the next day and pretended nothing happened. He sucked me off the next three nights. I never mentioned the trip and he moved on to another company.
I'm on the road 80% of the time and hotels are my second home. I've had my share of strange experiences with room mates but now insist on a private room.

cgttown

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I've been sleeping nude since college. On occasion in college I'd wind up sharing a bed with some guy because of a trip or someone crashing at my place, and then I'd slip on some gym shorts to sleep (this is before boxers were so prevalent as they are now). Since then, though, I've slept nude so long I find it very uncomfortable to do otherwise. The other night I fell asleep in my boxers because I was wearing them while my wife and I watched TV in our bedroom. I woke in the middle of the night so tangled up and uncomfortable I was going crazy.

When I've gone on business trips where I shared a room (not a bed), I've just slipped off my underwear after I got in bed, and put them back on before I got up. However, I will change, dry off, or whatever in front of other guys and it bothers me not in the least. I would not feel comfortable, though, sharing a bed with a friend or relative and both or one of us being bare assed. Just common courtsey, it seems to me.

Goose_Eggs

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I also prefer not to share rooms if I can avoid it. Sometimes out-of-town family events just demand it or other things you can't get out of it. I recently had to share a room with a cousin at a big family wedding we were all at. Since I don't share a room very often, I wasn't even thinking when I packed and didn't pack any boxers to sleep in (I always go commando), and got a little uncomfortable the first night after a late dinner and drinks when we headed up to go to bed.......... then I just thought, 'fuck it, I'm 40+ years old and if Marc (my cousin) has a problem with seeing me naked it is high time he got over it'. So I just showered, came out of the bathroom in a towel, sat on the bed for a min or two, then just pulled it off, ran it over my nuts a couple of times to get em good and dry and stood there nude as I pulled back the covers to get into bed. He just looked at me, a little surprised I think, but said nothing. He had already gotten into bed in his briefs. Interesting tha the next night he took off his briefs to get into bed and made the comment, "I usually prefer to sleep naked also, glad you don't mind"........lol. Then the third night we ended up with his father having to share our room because the hotel was full and he arrived without reservation. So Marc sleeps on the sofa bed, his father in the other bed, and here I am dealing with the awkwardness again with my 60 year old uncle now in the room............. turns out it wasn't a real problem because he stripped down buck-naked before any of us and was walking around so clearly sleeping naked wouldn't be a problem.

zawfi

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
In my last year of college, I stripped before hopping into bed, even if my roommate was watching. It didn't seem to bother either of us. In fact, I liked seeing him come out of the shower naked, and maybe he liked seeing me naked, although we never did anything together.

But I never like sharing a room in a professional situation, such as a business trip. On the few occassions where it was required, I slept with boxers on, and made every effort to remain in bed until morning wood subsided, of course.