nude wrestling scene in Women in Love

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by B_Giovani, Dec 19, 2008.

1. B_Giovani

B_Giovani New Member

I've remember seing this movie when I was young. I remember the nude wrestling scene in the movie, wich is very bold, specialy because this movie is old.

There is something menly and sensual at the same time. Here the scene (sorry it's hard to understant what they say because they speak in Russian (I think) over the original language.

YouTube - "Women in love" (fragmentum) Ken Russell

2. F_Man

Gold Member

Albums:
    It's a great film, and the scene is surely as sensual, male and erotic as it was intended. Glenda Jackson adds a different dimension to the film, and is pretty wonderful. The Russian custom of speaking the voice-over so that the original is left heard is irritating and funny.

3. B_Giovani

B_Giovani New Member

Yes I could'nt find it in english only. Actualy I never saw this movie in english wich it is his original version. I would like it to see today.

4. Honkworm

Honkworm New Member

It's available on netflix, I just added it today and look forward to seeing the entire movie (in english). Thanks for posting it.

5. Trouty

Trouty New Member

Ah, Olly Reed me old drinking buddy :wink: How I miss him :biggrin1:

6. B_Giovani

B_Giovani New Member

Olly Reed is the actor? wich one?

7. Trouty

Trouty New Member

The actor who appears first (with the moustache) is Oliver Reed. The other one is Alan Bates. I remember seeing (or maybe reading) about this scene and how Oliver and Alan were each worried about the other guy having a bigger penis. Seems they decided to compare beforehand to put their fears to rest

8. Smartalk

Gold Member

Oliver Read was interviewed on English TV, when asked about the film particularly the nude wrestling scene with Alan Bates. He said that they were both rather drunk at the time to help them lose their inhibitions in order to do the male on male scene.

It is also a known fact that Oliver read performing a sex scene with Glenda Jackson he actually took her by surprise by slipping her a length, to which she apparently did not object.

Draft saved Draft deleted