Nudism and Endowment - Accused of "flaunting it"?

johnny8x8: Mrs. 8x8 and I disagree on nudism and my desire for us BOTH to enjoy naturism in APPROPRIATE SETTINGS. We're NOT talking about showing up at the school picnic au naturel. I'm talking about her and I going to visit clothing optional clubs/resorts, etc. and really targetting the family-oriented ones.

Wife says this is just a) my mid-life crisis rearing its ugly head [I'm 39]; b) an excuse to show my package; and c) a means to meet other women, nude and right under her nose.

I enjoy nudism for the freedom, the relaxation, the sunshine and within the privacy and confines of areas with like-minded people.

Am I "flaunting it" or just being natural?
Now honestly, if I wanted to hook up with people, I wouldn't need a pretense to do it. Secondly, although I am proud of the package and it has served me well, I think that I am rather ordinary in the flaccid state being between 6 and 7" long flaccid and 5.75+" in girth flaccid. It's nice but I've seen bigger. Considering my overall appearance (looking like a retired football player and graying at the temples) I don't have people exactly flocking around me.

What do you think?

wvalady1968: Well, your wife knows you better than I do, so I'll put my money on her being dead right on target.

She saw through that "the freedom, the relaxation, the sunshine" crap really fast, didn't she?

:D

Added thought: Tell her you like to flaunt it. That it's a real turn on. And that you don't need to meet other women. [Although, she won't believe the latter. If you say it often enough....]

norseman: I'm gonna stick my neck out here, particularly since we're only hearing one side of this story, but I'm wondering how much of this is an insecurity on the part of your wife. A diversionary tactic so that she won't be put on the spot.

To generalize, guys have a much easier time of it dropping trou at these places. I frequent an East Coast clothing optional beach and its not unusual to see couples participating where he is baring it all and she is perhaps topless at best.

I actually brought a date to my favorite beach once. She never removed a stictch and I stripped bare, but from what I hear, it was appartently a major source of conversation between she and her girlfriends for some time after that. I think she had a really good time when the shock of it all wore off.

Similarly I brought a couple of clients/friends along once, suspecting that they might be open to the experience. Sure enough, much to her suprise he was naked in no time. She spent the day topless, and we all had a great time. A very liberating experience.

So, it would probably be a bad idea to try to pressure your wife, but you might work to put her more at ease with the idea, particularly pointing out that it is "clothing OPTIONAL". It is unlikely that people will think less of her if she stays in textile mode. If she'll agree to go, she'll probably found out that its not such a big deal after all. (particularly if you don't "rise to the occassion".

Norse

Tender: if my SB did that, he would be toast. :mad:
if i expressed my uncomfortableness with it, and he still did it, i would throw him out.
Tender

wristthickxl: I've posted about this before an frankly it is one of my biggest pet peeves about being well hung....if you go to a nude beach, you are bound to be (not regularly but once in a while) accused of flaunting it...it's probably true for women with big breasts (in case any of our female friends want to contribute here)...

One friend I went with the beach to accused me of "flaunting your big dick." I confronted him about this then...He was every bit as nude and I wasn't doing anything he was. Why this upset me so is that I am very discreet BECAUSE of my size at nude beaches...I generally don't walk around nude (as opposed to many of the men) and first take off my swim trunks after I am already sitting on my towel. When I was still living in the States, another friend accused me of much the same thing cause I wore a Speedo...Felt very hurt both times......part of it I think I is jealousy of course..but there is truth to the fact that if you are hung that people will look too...but is that our fault? makes me feel like a freak on occasion....I enjoy not having to wear a bathing suit, which I'm sure is true of a lot of you, and if we conduct ourselves like everyone else on the nude beach, then people should just get over it....

johnny8x8: Amen to that Wrist!

I agree wholeheartedly. I'm just trying to go and enjoy the freedom and relaxation, not to mention get an all-over tan. I'm not going there to jog, hike, etc. but I have no problem with people who do that. I'm certainly not going to complain about them. The only problem I'd have with someone else's behavior at a nude place is if they are ACTIVELY bothering me or someone in my family. THEN I would let them know that I/we were really not interested in talking and they'd get the hint. And besides, if people are into viewing nude guys, there are about a million ways that they can do that in today's world. What ever happened to "live and let live" ?

chipster: I go to nude beaches 8-10 times each year. I don't go to be seen, but rather to enjoy the wonderful feeling of a long walk on a beautiful beach without having to wear trunks. No one has ever accused me of "flaunting" anything, but I have had a few unwanted stares from guys who walk by much too close to where I am laying and are way to obvious in looking.

B_Jeremy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Mom brought me up in a pretty much nudist household, teaching me to be proud of what i've got. When she is nude with a man, im sure she is flaunting what she has, but that's because she is confident about herself, just like I am with myself, does that mean I am flaunting because im proud of what I look like nude??? It's a thin line between confident/cocky

johnny8x8: Chipster, that happens to me at our country club pool when I'm laying out. Find that people walk out of their way to walk past my lounge. Even wearing board shorts (which I hate), my packages shows, especially when the suit's wet from swimming. If that's "flaunting it", so be it.

johnny8x8: Footlong, I think that "flaunting it" would be like jogging nude in front of everyone or dancing provocatively, swinging it around ... Just showing it is not flaunting it in my book.

prepstudinsc: [quote author=johnny8x8 link=board=meetgreet;num=1067265908;start=0#8 date=10/28/03 at 08:57:37]Chipster, that happens to me at our country club pool when I'm laying out.  Find that people walk out of their way to walk past my lounge.  Even wearing board shorts (which I hate), my packages shows, especially when the suit's wet from swimming.  If that's "flaunting it", so be it.[/quote]

It's no different than a woman in a wet bathing suit. Her boobs are going to show. Plus, at least a guy is totally covered up, most women are falling out of their bathing suit tops. I don't see why it's "rude" for a guy with a large dick to be bulging (if it's appropriately covered in a bathng suit--I mean, what else are we supposed to do?) but it's expected that a woman falls out of her top? Talk about double standards.
I just think everyone needs to be appropriately covered....then whatever shows just shows naturally, not trying to flaunt anything.

Tender: Prep makes a good point there about the bathing suit...

i dont wear one unless its padded, lined what have you so that nothing shows. i cover it all up.
but safe to say the figure, or shape of the overall breast is still there.
so just because you cover it up, guys shouldnt be expected to never, uh, bulge...it just means the bulge is modestly covered.
so i guess that counts me out of nude beaches and such!

Tender

johnny8x8: Agree with Prep. Also agree with Tender to the extent that unless specifically at a nude area, I will be covered up. However, I'm not going to go to significant lengths to prevent any bulge. I can't. It's there. That's that. In fact, I wear the board shorts mainly to keep my wife quiet about what I show. If not for her, I would be speedo-ing instead. I compromise on that issue. However, when I get the boardshorts, I have to cut the mesh liner out since that's like strangling my privates. Sorry but those parts don't need to be squished into some androgenous "no bulge" look. They won't. I won't make them. That's that.

prepstudinsc: Some of us larger guys are pretty much always going to show a bulge. That's just the way clothes are designed. If we only wore robes or something, they'd probably be concealed a bit more, but we wear pants, and they just tend to accentuate what we men have.
I don't try to "flaunt" it, but it just kind of naturally happens. It's just part of being a hung man, I guess.
If I'm going out somewhere for the evening, like to a club or something, I don't really care if my jeans show a bulge or not. When I'm in a professional setting, like work or church or something more formal, I just try to wear things that don't flaunt it too much, but when you wear boxers, it's just hard to conceal it. I'm not going to sacrifice comfort just to keep things "under wraps," but at the same time I'm going to go out of my way to show off a bulge. It's just a part of life for someone with a large penis and large testicles.

Tender: [quote author=Tender link=board=meetgreet;num=1067265908;start=0#11 date=10/28/03 at 09:07:49]Prep makes a good point there about the bathing suit...

i dont wear one unless its padded, lined what have you so that nothing shows. i cover it all up.
but safe to say the figure, or shape of the overall breast is still there.
so just because you cover it up, guys shouldnt be expected to never, uh, bulge...it just means the bulge is modestly covered.
so i guess that counts me out of nude beaches and such!

Tender [/quote]

hm i might have to do some clarifying here,
cause when i read it again, it sort of didnt sound like i meant it too.... :-/

even if a guy is dressed modestly, swimwear or otherwise, he may still 'show' as that is just the way men are made....and thats ok. other people have no right to be offended by that.
just as women may modestly cover their breasts, but you still see that they are there.
you shouldnt have to try to hide it or be uncomfortable.

personally i dont approve of nude beaches...

there! hopefully that makes better sense...
Tender

prepstudinsc: [quote author=Tender link=board=meetgreet;num=1067265908;start=0#14 date=10/28/03 at 10:49:54]

hm i might have to do some clarifying here,
cause when i read it again, it sort of didnt sound like i meant it too.... :-/

even if a guy is dressed modestly, swimwear or otherwise, he may still 'show' as that is just the way men are made....and thats ok. other people have no right to be offended by that.
just as women may modestly cover their breasts, but you still see that they are there.
you shouldnt have to try to hide it or be uncomfortable.

personally i dont approve of nude beaches...

there! hopefully that makes better sense...
Tender

[/quote]

Tender-I knew what you meant. There is something to be said for some modesty. Of course, there are places where you can't be very modest, like the locker room or showers at the gym, but in public settings like a pool or the beach, I think people should me a little more mindful of covering up. That's not to say men need to wear things to conceal all bulges or women should wear Victorian bathing suits that cover form their neck to their knees, but people don't need to be falling out of their bathing suits or purposely trying to flaunt what they've got (or don't have! ;D )

HUMONGOUS: [quote author=wristthickxl link=board=meetgreet;num=1067265908;start=0#4 date=10/27/03 at 16:02:44]I've posted about this before an frankly it is one of my biggest pet peeves about being well hung....if you go to a nude beach, you are bound to be (not regularly but once in a while) accused of flaunting it...it's probably true for women with big breasts (in case any of our female friends want to contribute here)...

One friend I went with the beach to accused me of "flaunting your big dick." I confronted him about this then...He was every bit as nude and I wasn't doing anything he was. Why this upset me so is that I am very discreet BECAUSE of my size at nude beaches...I generally don't walk around nude (as opposed to many of the men) and first take off my swim trunks after I am already sitting on my towel. When I was still living in the States, another friend accused me of much the same thing cause I wore a Speedo...Felt very hurt both times......part of it I think I is jealousy of course..but there is truth to the fact that if you are hung that people will look too...but is that our fault? makes me feel like a freak on occasion....I enjoy not having to wear a bathing suit, which I'm sure is true of a lot of you, and if we conduct ourselves like everyone else on the nude beach, then people should just get over it....[/quote]
Be proud of what you have and do not let anyone tear u down in order to build themselves up. You are well endowed because nature intended this to be -you had no say in the matter- so go with the flow- be proud--yes flaunt it -it is yours to flaunt

biggbenn8: Well, my .02 here...

I like the feeling of the wind on my balls, the freedom to swing... quite honestly for me it's (almost) spiritual...

to be free and with creator...

and yes, Sex does happen...so does breathing, gas, flat tires, taxes and farting bassett hounds...

norseman: Geez guys, we've wandered a bit off topic here.... Poor Johnny wants to go to the beach and strip bare. His wife is against it and accuses him of having ulterior motives. Is there any help for our boy ? Whaddya think ?

Tender: there wont be,
if he does it!
:D

seriously, i think if its that much of a concern for the wife, he shouldnt do it.
you know, when in doubt....dont do it...
i learned the hard way, thats true....

Tender