Nudist/Gay Friendly Places in Europe?

stanforddude

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hey everyone, I'm heading to Europe with my partner this summer, and was ust wondering if anyone out there had some pointers as to good Nudists resorts and gay friendly accomodations (or even just a friendly face) along the way. Starting out in southern Germany, then down to Saltzburg, across Switzerland, and through France.

Thanks!

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
San Tropez is the bomb. Anything goes.

Do not go to Northern Italy for sexual freedom. It's not there. Germany is fairly liberal (in the cities) from what I've heard.

But you're safe anywhere along the Riviera (including Napoli which is hardly the legitimate Riviera but is on the coast of the Mediterranean). Nice is nice but it's a pretty rough city so be forewarned. The only place in Northern Italy that's at all "gay friendly" is Padua (Padova) which has three amazing gay bars. Venice is not a particularly "gay friendly" city.. but it certainly makes up in beauty what it lacks in tolerance.

Roadster Steve

Experimental Member
Media
You might receive better recomendations if you are more specific about your route and also if you guys are just looking for places to be nude and/or gay or wether you are looking for places for sexual adventure. Just a suggestion as it's a world of difference there.

And of course there are what seems like hundreds of gay and nudist guides to Europe now. And Google. -Steve

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
stanforddude said:
Hey everyone, I'm heading to Europe with my partner this summer, and was just wondering if anyone out there had some pointers as to good Nudists resorts and gay friendly accomodations (or even just a friendly face) along the way. Starting out in southern Germany, then down to Saltzburg, across Switzerland, and through France.
As RoadsterSteve says, a more detailed itinerary of destinations would be useful. Germany, for example, is divided into federal states which, just like in the US, each have divergent laws regarding what can or cannot be done. If by "Southern Germany", you mean Bavaria, then the possibilities for nudity/gay contact in the park grounds of Munich's Englischer Garten are countless, and there are many tens of gay cafés, bars and clubs in the city. If, however, you meant the neighboring state of Baden-Württemberg, then the possibilities are much fewer and far between, with the option of nudity indeed frequently not extending beyond my balcony (and no, that's not an invitation :rolleyes:)...

royston

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
stanforddude said:
Hey everyone,wondering if anyone out there had some pointers as to good Nudists resorts and gay friendly accomodations (or even just a friendly face)

mate....u wanna go route one straight to brighton....theres not a straight person for miles...

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
alex8 said:
...the possibilities for nudity/gay contact in the park grounds of Munich's Englischer Garten are countless...
Ah, yes, I remember that. Before I'd actually really considered men, I was visiting a friend who was working in Munich. One night he told me, "OH, you've GOT to see THIS!" We went for a walk just as it was getting dark in the wooded trails in Englischer Garten. I couldn't believed how many guys "accidentally" bumped into me, and how many times my ass got grabbed in the darkness. It was also a bit of a dream-like scene seeing the shadowy figures moving and disappearing amongst the trees.

alex8 said:
the option of nudity indeed frequently not extending beyond my balcony (and no, that's not an invitation...
Hmm, so much for aimlessly wandering the streets looking skyward, eh? :tongue:

chico8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you're willing to take a side trip to Croatia, I'd highly recommend it as it's a naturist's paradise. Plenty of naturist clubs and beaches abound. There are more in Istria than in Dalmatia but they have a pretty relaxed attitude throughout the country towards nudism. It's also fairly inexpensive, Croatians are a pretty friendly bunch as well.

Definitely check out the Englischer Garten in Munich. It's quite an experience to see so many naked bodies in a public park in a major city.

boymonkey

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Berlin and Munich have great night club scenes. Barcelona is filled with men holding hands and prowling the streets until dawn. Plus Catalan men can't be beat...unless, of course, you ask. You'll have a great time sticking to the Mediterranean. And chico's right about Croatia...it's got an underappreciated, old-Italy feel and way stunning.

boymonkey

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
humble opinion: after 6 mos in zurich, my feeling is that you shouldn't feel any obligation to spend loads of time Switzerland. Clubs, food, and drinks are way more expensive than they need be, and the entire country is dead after 10pm. Zurich is the gayest Swiss city, but a day or two is plenty...

stanforddude

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Starting out in Munich for a couple of days, then sight seeing around Bavaria. then down to Saltzburg for a day or so. Then across Switzerland, for sure 2 days in the Alpenzel, 2-4 more days in Swizterland depending on what we find. Then onward to France; not set itenerary, but possibly down to Cap d'Adge.
alex8 said:
As RoadsterSteve says, a more detailed itinerary of destinations would be useful. Germany, for example, is divided into federal states which, just like in the US, each have divergent laws regarding what can or cannot be done. If by "Southern Germany", you mean Bavaria, then the possibilities for nudity/gay contact in the park grounds of Munich's Englischer Garten are countless, and there are many tens of gay cafés, bars and clubs in the city. If, however, you meant the neighboring state of Baden-Württemberg, then the possibilities are much fewer and far between, with the option of nudity indeed frequently not extending beyond my balcony (and no, that's not an invitation :rolleyes:)...

Ionto

Sexy Member
Media
Cap d'Agde has several nude beaches, and no one will care about your sexual orientation there.

If you go to the Atlantic coast (Côte Sauvage, Aquitaine), you'll find most beaches are with swimming trunks in the middle, where the families are - mixed (half clothed half naked) not far off, and farther off again it will be mostly naked. Some beaches are just mixed all the time. So you just do what you like.