Nudists: Do you worry about Penis Sun Damage? (Circumcised guys specifically)

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by matt121matt121, Oct 8, 2009.

1. matt121matt121

Gold Member

Albums:
    this is a question primarily for circumcised nudists out there...but uncut guys are welcome to answer as welll

Are you concerned about permanent sun damage such as reducing sensitivity, sun burn, skin cancer on the glans, etc?

Do you do anything special to try to limit this?

I know that personally I am sure to carry SPF 50 cream sunscreen specially for my dick, as I use the spray in an SPF 15 for the rest of my body or just a tanning spray with an even lower spf...but I personally don't want to risk it with my penis...

2. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I really don't worry although I should. I use an 20 SPF on my face and on the family jewels to start the season, once I have a base I use coconut oil all over. I really don't burn unless I'm out on the water in a boat.

3. SirConcis

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't really worry about the glans. More worried about scrotum. But never really had a sunburn per say. But had had the scrotum feel more "warm" than normal. Mind you, I haven't really been out in the sun naked for long enough to really matter. But a couple years ago, I did notice my inner foreskin did get darker by end of summer, but retunred to "pink" during winter.

4. B_thickjohnny

B_thickjohnny New Member

I've been a naturist for years and the sun has never damaged my cut cock. I've gotten burned AROUND my balls but never on my balls or cock. Strange but true.

5. erratic

Gold Member

You know, I'd never thought about that before. I guess if I were circumcised I'd be a lot more worried about the sun. But, dude, you're using SPF 50 on your junk. That's like coating it in latex paint. The only thing I think you'd have to worry about is clogged pores.

To generalise a bit: I don't burn easy, but the sun sure messes up my head if I'm in it for too long, too often. I avoid being nude in the sun between noon and two, when the UV index is highest. As a result, I've only burned once in the last six years, and that was my own fault for not using sunscreen.

6. matt121matt121

Gold Member

Albums:
    your inner foreskin changed colors?

wow.. guess thats a good thing

never had any issues with clogged pores.. just feel like I'm the only one that protects my junk from the sun, and I've got some natural sun protection.

7. JulieInNaplesFL

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    We've lived at nudists resorts for years and we have never heard of a sun burn dick. Well, ok a friend of our's, Dick gets sun burned but not his dick. :wink:

damn I am blond

8. gordonlee

gordonlee New Member

Albums:
    We have a nude beach here in Miami called Haulover Beach and it's about 50% cut / 50% uncut.

And the cut guys just bake the hell out of the head of their cock, but it doesn't really matter because the head on a cut cock is already shriveled and dried out due to not having the protective foreskin to keep it moist, smooth and shiny, so I suppose the major damage is the circumcision itself as there really isn't much living tissue on the surface of the head of a cut cock to be damaged at all by the sun.

9. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    I wouldn't worry about clogged pores from SPF 50 any more than a lower SPF. I wear SPF 50+ on my face every day, so I think it should be fine for your penis.

I completely understand the concern. I can't imagine how painful a sunburn would be there, and you definitely don't want any pre-cancerous marks that would need to be removed by a dermatologist. Ouch!

10. D_Cock_Hudson

D_Cock_Hudson New Member

I have higher factor suncream for my penis and balls.

11. cute5

cute5 New Member

SPF 100, it goes everywhere. Then no problems.

12. Boobalaa

Gold Member

yeah it hurts ..)NE time like 30 years ago..got all drunk and passed out in the sun

13. piercedjobbie

piercedjobbie New Member

Albums:
    I've been a nudist for many, many years and always used SPF 8 on the jewels without any problems. After the tab starts then I use baby oil. Never been burnt.

14. erratic

Gold Member

It was a while ago, but if I remember correctly I was attempting to be humourous ;-)

Anyway, I'm looking for the article, but I remember reading a report that said only sunscreens with zinc and titanium actually perform to the level advertised on the bottle.

Oh, wait. Found it. It's pretty extensive, but it's good - and it shits all over spray-on sunscreen (though that doesn't surprise me at all).

Edit: Also, anything with an SPF of 50 or more may be misleading you in to thinking it's more effective than a lower-SPF sunscreen. Basically, by the time your SPF 30 is wearing off your SPF50/100 sunscreen will have been rubbed/sweated/washed off, too. And there's more, but I'm not here to lecture anyone. Just be careful with your junk.

#14 erratic, Sep 20, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  15. B_Uni79

B_Uni79 New Member

I did notice my penis head get darker but as time passed the head returned to pink again. Penis skin itself did not get burned but it got darker.

16. sodbuster

sodbuster New Member

Albums:
    I've tanned nude for years and burned my penis shaft and scotum several times early in the tanning season but after that my junk would just tan. I've always enjoyed the look of my junk when it's tanned and often used tannig beds nude which seem to work better than sunshine at times , but the feel and freedom of nudity in nature is always the best. I rarely use sunscreen as it sometimes would give me a sweat rash and there nothing like good dark tannig oil

17. D_CountVonBhigBohner

D_CountVonBhigBohner Account Disabled

As long as you use some type of sunblock you are fine. I frequent Haulover Beach and use 30SPF down there. I reapply when I come out of the water. I completely agree with other posters about the skin getting dark brown, not red down there.

Draft saved Draft deleted