nudity at home with children

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by D_Blevitt Buttkicker, Sep 18, 2009.

1. D_Blevitt Buttkicker

Hi guys, i dont write much on the forum but i love to hear your opinin on this issue:

in my family nudity has never been an issue and i remember when i was a little boy i used to take showers at the swimming pool with my dad and brother, I even went to a nudist beach with my parents in france once. no need to say there was NO sex whatsoever involved, simply no problems with being naked.

i am now married and me&wife are pretty much nudists at home, sleep naked and so on... just love it :)

but here comes the issue, i am soon going to become a dad of a baby girl, and i am still debating with my wife whether we should change our habits or not.

she thinks i should not be naked too much around the baby girl, and this because she is a girl, it would be different with a boy.... my wife's opinion is that i should keep my clothes on especially when she will start to speak and notice things, as this might lead to unwanted trouble, as children just innocently speak out and someone might misunderstand....

any dad in a similar situation? what would you do?
    thanks guys

2. D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead Account Disabled

You should do what you feel comfortable doing. And your wife should be comfortable with it, too. If your daughter gets to an age where she is uncomfortable with you being naked, she will let you know by her behavior. But if you're acting comfortably natural about it, there's nothing right or wrong about being naked in front of her.

You may even start out naked around her, and then get to a point where you prefer being clothed.

3. blah69420

blah69420 Member

we dont have any children but friends of ours do 5 (boy) and (8 girl)and ever since they were born and before that even we used to goto their cottage and would skinny dip (in our case chunky dunk) and was never and issue and with the kids it has just been explained to them there is a time that being naked it ok and time when it is not. It seems to work well. when we go skinny dipping at the location we got the kids are cool cause its the time and place and when we get back to the cottage the kids always cover up. and same goes for the adults.

Just time and place and what works for you is the best. and congrats on the baby.

#3 blah69420, Sep 18, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  4. WowALotANamesTaken

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    That's brilliantly put. It's just a shame these days that there's so much paranoia around the issue that normal folk that aren't embarrassed to be nude have to cover up at home in fear of dire consequences. I have a 6 yo son, and I tend to stay covered up for those very reasons. Kinda sad really as my parents weren't like that at all.

5. longbigdongmw

longbigdongmw New Member

Albums:
    my mother walked around naked all the time. as i got older it was less and less, but even today in my late twenties...if i visit her and she's getting out of the shower, she'll walk to her bedroom naked. its natural to me...and i dont even think anything else of it.

6. Charles Finn

Gold Member

Albums:
    brave
    why more ppl here in the states don't get the idea that you can be naked just to be naked it has nothing to do with sex.
    I have no children of my own but mt nieces and nephews saw me naked it was no big deal I never did anything sexual at all with them.
    my father was either in his underwear or was naked again no big deal.
    being nude feels great and has very little to do with sex for me.
    I just love to be naked

7. modest123

modest123 New Member

It's fine as long as they grow up with it and it is casual, no big deal. But parents should not start their nudity when their child is in puberty. Let me tell you, it can really fuck them up in the head.

8. nakedone

nakedone New Member

My wife and I agreed that we would let our children see us nude under appropriate circumstances. When our daughter was young, her mother would bring her in when I was bathing and tell her "Look at Daddy's penis". I did not routinely go naked before her, but when there were other times when she saw me less than dressed, she knew there was no reason to feel guilty.

I also have two sons, and when they were small they saw me naked regularly in the bath and while dressing. They also saw their mother naked and they realized that there was nothing wrong in their doing so.

9. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

I saw both my mother and father naked on occasion while growing up. Mainly it was a case of a large family with only one or two bathrooms. It was no big deal.

10. SeanSocal

SeanSocal New Member

As long as there is nothing sexual about it, there is no problem.

11. D_Blevitt Buttkicker

thanks everyone, that's what i think too, let's see when baby comes..

12. cum4you

cum4you Member

Albums:
    Hi no problem with this. You will probably love to see your daughter nude. it's so natural. be confortable.

13. lopo2000

Gold Member

I think your concern about her being a little girl and might just innocently point out things is warranted and a sensible worry. Perhaps then if you and your wife agree, you can try to change your habit a little bit.

14. catman

Gold Member

Fortunately I have sons so never really had this issue but I agree with the concensus that when she hits puberty then work with it...as a baby/young girl be nude. As she gets older, I think she may begin to want a bit more privacy, listen to your gut.

I agree, I wish more were more comfortable (see dozens of other threads on that one)

and congrats on the baby!

I recently became a grandfather and its such a thrill!

(oh, save up your sleep NOW :))

15. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    I come from a culture where we take sauna with mother father and small children together. It's generally too cold for more than that! But having no clothing on does not mean anything more to us than practical way to stay comfortable.

Also my mother is an artist who is used to nude modeling. I am as well. This preoccupation with clothing works in both directions. A piece of art needs some lingerie to make it into the 'naughty' category for me.

16. sexplease

Gold Member

Albums:
    i suppose if this were 30,000b.c. and we dwelt in caves it might not be an issue. Unless we had the prying eyes of religious fundamentalists, political correctedness and high-speed internet.
    IMO as an artist, there are some things and people I'd rather not be visually assaulted by but, but I have the ability to look away.
    Children under 10 haven't that concept and are greatly affected by their sense of sight.
    There's a reason they put the sugary cereals on the bottom shelves at the store.
    Those Tasty-O-Jewels, Gummy Worms and Clam-Smakkers are in eye shot of the tot.
    Children in liberal families sometimes end up conservative and visa-versa.
    (the psychological pendulum swings as a way of rebelling from the parents).

17. blasianluv85

blasianluv85 New Member

Albums:
    Uhhh.....nooooo. nooo waaaay.

18. Jillang

Jillang Member

I agree. Kinda gross.

19. houtx48

Gold Member

I remember a conversation on how boys pee as explained by my 3 or 4 yo niece. It was very informative.lol I saw my parents nude form rime to time probably natural part of growing up.

20. D_Lanksesbye Sleepingrawe

D_Lanksesbye Sleepingrawe Account Disabled

We're teaching our two sons (very young still) that there is nothing to be ashamed about on their bodies; however, be practical and private when not in the home. The easiest kid-level explanation was, "You need to cover up to protect your body and privacy when out in the world. Just follow our example."

I still bathe with one of my sons (who will be three in May), because he's got cerebral palsy and can't sit up on his own in the tub. It's completely practical and non sexual. Kids have no context for sex.

Plus I think taking some of the mystery out of nudity makes for well adjusted attitudes. If they've seen it, then they've seen it under the guidance of someone who has their protection first in mind. Keeps it from being a big deal later when the hormones kick in. Your mileage may vary.:smile:

Draft saved Draft deleted