Nudity at the YMCA

I'm a member of this Y. I, like most guys there, shower/walk around fully naked. Not necessarily the hottest guys, but a few sprinkled in.

Same at my Y. I would rather be in that environment though than in a hyper modest ultra privacy locker room with lots of hot guys towel dancing, showering in stalls, or changing in toilet stalls. It's incredible how different the level of friendliness is. Uptight locker rooms attract uptight clients in my experience.

Reactions: hairynycstud

Uncutsouthernboy

Superior Member
Media
I reckon if someone established a men only gym chain like women have now, it'd fucking go off. So many guys would go for it! (Copyright- me)

No, there would be some who would sue for the right for membership. Nearly every All-male establishment has been opened to women. Can Men go to all-female colleges, etc? No.

Reactions: IsaiahGreen

seagrey

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Several years ago I went to visit my cousin and we went to the YMCA where he was a member. After the rough workout he put me through with the weight machines, I was looking forward to relaxing in the whirlpool. We were in the locker room and I changed into my shorts like I always do at my local Bally's ready to go to the wet area, where at Bally's it is coed and nudity is not allowed. But this being the Y, My cousin (who was more muscularly built) stripped down nude and went to the wet area. After seeing this, I immediately got over my bashfullness and stripped naked, and went with him to the whirlpool, steam room, sauna and showers fully nude. It was a funny feeling at first because he never saw me naked before, but frankly it felt great and liberating going without clothes and I also felt a sense of bonding with my cousin, too.

Now just to let you know I'm a straight guy.

My questions are is full nudity like this at the YMCA common and do you get a great liberating feeling going nude with friends and relatives at the YMCA like I did, and when they first see you nude how do they react?
Hi guy, it depends on the YMCA, the Y lockerroom in Downtown Seattle is completely self contained. It has its lockers, steam room, sauna, restrooms, gangshowers and whirlpool completely separate from the womens. There is no co-ed at this location. 98% of all the men walk totally nude from lockers to all locations in the locker room. It think its really neat. The YMCA in waikiki, HI is the same also but alot larger. I think that is the way it should be anyway as it was always that way yrs. ago. Also, when My brother and myself were growing up, my father always showered and walked around in front of us totally nude also. We even showered together, not to mention, it was our father that explained masturbation to us and showed us. also check out www.thegatedsanctuary.com its a clothing optional spa. Mens nights are Saturdays, women, Sundays, and the rest of the week its co-ed. Seagrey, Tacoma, WA

Reactions: LockerRoomPA

Not a YMCA, but another gym.
While in general our gym's men's locker room is a mixture in terms of modesty or lack thereof, it seems like almost everyone wraps a towel around their waist or wears u/w or some kind of swim suit or shorts when shaving. Even many of the men who carry their towel to and from the shower will wrap it around their waist to shave. I'm one of the relatively few that doesn't. I do put my towel on the edge of the sink so my body isn't touching it. I did see someone else shaving naked today, but that was the exception. Does any one else notice anything similar?

albatross80

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I go to the YMCA in mass and they have the mens health club. private hot tube, sauna, steam room, and loung chairs. Most guys walk around naked. stand and talk naked. If they wear a towel, they spread there legs enough you can see what they have. also they provide toiletries so all the men shave standing naked at the sinks. the funny thing is the showers are private but the rest is wide open. Its the way men should be. I say to my friends in the last place a man can actually be a man, say what men say and not get in trouble with society!