nudity during physical exam

D

deleted1168963

I went to have a dermatologist exam, but it seems a practical nurse was there instead of the doctor. There was another intern there also ( also a female). I had to strip down to my boxer briefs and wait for the practical nurse to show up. She was cute ( I didn’t look at the intern that much-probably not as cute as the practical nurse) and examined all my limbs and had me pull my boxers down in the back. Then she pointed at the front of my boxers and asked if everything was fine there. I told her there was a bump on my skin a couple inches lower than my navel. I pulled my boxers down to show her the bump and my fatty flopped out. It was half hard (yes I’m an exhibitionist) and excused myself and stuffed it back into my boxers. I saw her face flush and told me it was an ingrown hair that that formed a bump. She told me to she will check it out during my next exam. Hopefully she will..

sd425

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
How common are penis swabs during a routine STI check these days? I have no problem with the nudity part but need to mentally prepare myself for having a Q tip inserted into my urethra.

Askmark

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
How common are penis swabs during a routine STI check these days? I have no problem with the nudity part but need to mentally prepare myself for having a Q tip inserted into my urethra.
In Ireland. Yrs ago it used to be doctor administered. But now it’s self administered. Blood tests taken and your sent to the bathroom with swabs

Reactions: sd425

colin20

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
In Ireland. Yrs ago it used to be doctor administered. But now it’s self administered. Blood tests taken and your sent to the bathroom with swabs
Mos STI's can be tested a first catch urine specimen these days. I'm surprise there is much swabbing going on unless it was a visible lesion on the skin.

Reactions: evolution and sd425
D

deleted1025121

Mos STI's can be tested a first catch urine specimen these days. I'm surprise there is much swabbing going on unless it was a visible lesion on the skin.
Yea I dont think they do penis swab up your slit unless its an emergency type situation. I only had it done once when I was bleeding when I peed...and I tell you that was the worst pain I've ever experienced. Maybe I have an extra sensitive slit but I cant handle anything up that. Only STD swap I've ever had was anal swab but I think they catch everything else by urine or blood these days.

Reactions: sd425

herbho

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Q: I want to get tested for STI’s, but my buddy told me that you’ll jam a huge swab up my penis! Is that true!?

A: Fear not, my friend! Thanks to the wonders of modern technology, life is much better these days. The worst we’ll do to you now is make you pee in a cup.

https://u.osu.edu/buckmdblog/2009/11/22/you-wanna-stick-what-where/

herbho

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If you're not completely naked during your physical, you are not getting a complete physical. Look for another doctor.

Maybe not for the entire thing ( although I'd love it myself), but certainly at some point in the exam, everything must be exposed. What's a complete physical without examination of the genitals or ( after a certain age) a DRE? For those whose exams merely consist of checking the vitals and blood tests, you are not being served well. It's time to find a better provider.... and don't feel guilty about it.

Andypandy

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
It's rare these days to have a complete nude physical if at all. Usually the doctor will work on different parts of your body when it comes to the genitals its either lower your shorts or lift the gown. I have noticed the last few doc visits I had they ask if you want some one else in the room during the visit and they have had an assistant taking notes as the visit procedes

Reactions: coolestguy

Andypandy

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Maybe not for the entire thing ( although I'd love it myself), but certainly at some point in the exam, everything must be exposed. What's a complete physical without examination of the genitals or ( after a certain age) a DRE? For those whose exams merely consist of checking the vitals and blood tests, you are not being served well. It's time to find a better provider.... and don't feel guilty about it.
Well it would also depend on what the visit is for. If its a physical they usually provide a gown most other appointments are for general health issues or follow ups

Tony56

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Well it would also depend on what the visit is for. If its a physical they usually provide a gown most other appointments are for general health issues or follow ups
For a long time when I was younger my doctor would have me strip down to my briefs no matter why I was there - ear infection, sprained ankle, etc - never wore anything more than my briefs in his exam room.

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This morning I had a skin examination because I have a history of basil cell carcinomas. They had me strip to my shorts and wear a paper gown about which the only good thing was making the cold room less intolerable. The (female) NP pulled the back of my waistband to see if there were any problems there and asked me whether I was aware of any problem in the front.

It would be interesting to read a study of how the squeamish attitude towards nudity has come about.

herbho

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Some interesting points:

The Locker Room Nightmares.

We hear so many stories about female body image and very few pay attention to the whole topic of male body image. You have to be ripped and hung in order to feel like a whole man many believe. Men are constantly being judged - at school, at work, especially by their peers. So the thought of being naked in front of another person invariably leads to " Am I big enough?" " Are people going to laugh at my body?" This goes for both straight and gay men.

Also, as the article states, we Americans so often equate nudity with sex and, with the movement toward a more evangelical " Christian" ( read Puritanical) society, this will just increase, and nudity will be seen as shameful.

Of course, it's all based on fear of inadequacy. We're talking about health here, not some wild orgy on the examination table. How often do you hear men expressing fear of a DRE, because ,somehow, that's too "gay." It could save your life, but the macho," No one is sticking a finger up my butt," is causing men to die or suffer serious consequences. Americans need to grow the hell up.

Last edited:

herbho

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This morning I had a skin examination because I have a history of basil cell carcinomas. They had me strip to my shorts and wear a paper gown about which the only good thing was making the cold room less intolerable. The (female) NP pulled the back of my waistband to see if there were any problems there and asked me whether I was aware of any problem in the front.

It would be interesting to read a study of how the squeamish attitude towards nudity has come about.

You have not been served well by your provider. Every inch of you should have been inspected, especially with your history. Merely asking if there are any problems rather than checking is a sign of incompetence and malpractice. My skin exams have been very thorough, even entailing an inspection of the butt crack and hole. But I leave the office confident that I am fine and don't have any doubts because the provider was unwilling to do the job correctly. Get another provider.

Reactions: VT4 and coolestguy

Tony56

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Also, as the article states, we Americans so often equate nudity with sex and, with the movement toward a more evangelical " Christian" ( read Puritanical) society, this will just increase, and nudity will be seen as shameful.
Given that church attendance has plummeted since the days when males freely showered nude together in school and gym settings, I doubt that one can blame this on the Christians.

herbho

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Given that church attendance has plummeted since the days when males freely showered nude together in school and gym settings, I doubt that one can blame this on the Christians.

" Christians," not Christians. No time to debate who are genuine Christians and who are fakes, but read "Puritan."