nudity during physical exam

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by dave2006, Mar 2, 2008.

1. D_Hammond Happydipper

D_Hammond Happydipper Account Disabled

I have been fortunate to have female doctors every time. :)

when I was 17 I had physical & testicular exam
    I lied and said I did not know how to do the self exam and asked her to show me how to do it. I really did enjoy that.

2. D_Cock_Hudson

D_Cock_Hudson New Member

No I haven't had to be nude.

3. exwhyzee

Gold Member

I had a physical a few months ago. The nurse asked me to strip down to my underwear (boxers) to start and left, then the doc did above the belt things like the stethoscope test (breathe in breathe out), checked the glands in my neck (or whatever they are), checked reflexes, etc. Then he asked me to stand and drop the boxers. He checked for hernias, and I have a hydrocele in my balls that's like a third nut and he wanted to check that out. He also checked for STDs so I got the swab up the slit of my dick which was horrific...AND THEN I get to bend over to get my prostate checked. He was describing what he was doing the whole time and what his observations were (my prostate is a perfectly healthy) which I find helpful but also a welcome distraction from poked and proded. I had no awkward boners, no embarrassing baby-dick shrinkage, no sensation of orgasm as my prostate was poked. I don't have a great deal of modesty so none of this titillated any exhibitionist leanings I have.

All that said, it was reassuring to know I'm healthy and everything is sound and functioning well...and I would do it all again tomorrow if needed with no reservation.

Ok, all that said, it was odd having a guy (doc) inspecting my dick and gently manipulated my balls as he checked behind them. The last urologist before this one asked me to hold my dick up and out of the way as he shined a flashlight up through my balls in a darkened room to show me the hydrocele was filled with clear fluid. I wasn't uncomfortable, but I wasn't un-nerved or aroused either, but it was the most action I've seen in years. :cool:

4. scottredleter

scottredleter New Member

Albums:
    A doctor that doesn't see your whole body naked at sometime should not be trusted.

5. D_Shaggy_Shittington

In a primary care setting, you are correct, at some point in younger men, a head to toe physical should be done. But afterward, with no family history, and no complaints, I wouldn't do it in every visit, just surveillance every few years. In men over 45-50, the prostate should be examined regularly, even without urinary symptoms or family history, and with a normal PSA, and as they get older, more frequent hernia checks.

But the key to doing the exam properly is either in a gown, or parts at a time. I would never ask a patient to get completely naked. I would have them take their shirts off, then finish the chest and abdominal exams, then put their shirt back on, and then lower their pants and shorts. A physician should never leave an area he/she isn't examining uncovered.

6. unzipped

Gold Member

Albums:
    we have to have a yearly exam.. we have to disroble entirely... doctor sits on stool face to my crotch and does testicular exam ... then have to turn around and get the finger up the ass... just a yearly routine..

7. D_Harry Erik Shun

D_Harry Erik Shun New Member

Here are a few pics

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted