Nurse/Doctor Relations Part 2

Discussion in 'Fictitious Stories' started by WVPEH, Jul 11, 2009.

1. WVPEH

WVPEH New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    More of the initiial story. Haven't figured out how to add to the existing story yet.

Chris felt himself freeze in fear. He wasn’t sure how to answer the question, because if stereotypes were true, he was surely in trouble. Dr. Brown was a strong, straight military guy. He might totally freak out if Chris told him the truth. But, Chris wasn’t one to lie. So, he said, “Yeah, Dr. Brown, I am. I hope that doesn’t freak you out.”
    Dr. Brown sat back and rubbed his head. He smiled a little and said, “Well, that certainly does make things interesting.”
    Chris felt confused. Dr. Brown thought it was interesting that he was gay? What did that mean? Before he could ask, Dr. Brown said, “Don’t get me wrong. It doesn’t freak me out. But, it does explain a few things.”
    Chris felt himself get defensive. He began to wonder if Dr. Brown was going to comment on his mannerisms or how he carried himself. Surely, he wasn’t going to tell Chris he acted gay at work… Surely, that wasn’t what this was about.
    Dr. Brown said, “I guess what I am trying to say is that I am really comfortable around you Chris. When we work together, you are so easy to deal with. You care about the patients. You work hard. And, you make my job easier. You have such a great heart. I guess you being gay is part of that. I don’t think you could be as good of a nurse as you are if were out there chasing pussy. I really admire that about you.”
    Chris felt relieved, but he thought it odd that Dr. Brown would admire him for being gay. He felt himself like Dr. Brown a little more.
    They carried on with this conversation for a few minutes and then Dr. Brown left the break room. Chris felt odd. Dr. Brown had never talked to him like this. And, it seemed really strange that he was doing it now. What was he up to? Why was he being so nice?
    Over the next four shifts, Chris noticed that each time he took a meal break, Dr. Brown was always in the break room. He was always there to talk, and they had some really great conversations. Chris began to think that perhaps Dr. Brown just needed a friend. And, gay or not, Chris was willing to be that to Dr. Brown.
    One evening, as the shift ended, Dr. Brown and Chris were leaving the ER at the same time. Dr. Brown walked over to his sleek BMW and climbed in. “Great choice of car,” Chris thought. Not only is Dr. Brown hot, but he also has an awesome car. Chris had a thing for guys with sexy European sports cars. He stopped to admire it.
    As he was looking, Dr. Brown started the engine. He turned and looked out the window to find find Chris staring. Rolling the window down, he said, “Like it Chris? I just bought it. It’s a 6 series. It cost about a 1/3 of my paycheck, but I just loved it.”
    Chris had to agree. The car was hot. Silver with massive rims. And, buttery soft black leather interior. He felt himself start to drool again.
    “Wanna go for a ride?” Dr Brown asked.
    Did he even have to ask? Chris smiled his biggest smile and said, "Fuck yeah, Dr. Brown. That car is sweet."
    Chris found himself climbing into the passenger seat. And just like those wonderful break time conversations, Dr. Brown engaged him in another great talk while they rode in the smooth foreign sports car. He had never felt so excited and so comfortable in his life.
    As the ride continued, Chris could not have predicted what was to come. As they drove along and Dr. Brown turned to enter the highway, he reached over and put a hand on Chris’s leg. He gave it a tight squeeze and said, “Chris, I have to tell you. I am sick to death of you calling me Dr. Brown. That shit is fine at work, but we are buddies now. You can call me Christian.”
    Chris smiled. A hot man. A hot car. And a sexy name. He knew that his first name was Christian, but at work, he was always Dr. Brown. His attraction to Dr. Brown was getting to be too much. He was going to have to stop spending time with him.
    Christian, or Dr. Brown, continued talking. And the more he said, the more enthralled Chris became. He decided to come clean.
    “Christian, I have something I need to tell you, too. I really appreciate us becoming buddies, and I have really enjoyed our talks and stuff. But, I have to tell you. I have lusted after you ever since I started at the hospital. And, aside from you being so incredibly attractive, you are an incredible guy. And, I know you like women, so please don’t hate me for this. But, I am just really starting to fall for you, and that can’t be good. This has to stop.”
    Dr. Brown turned and looked at Chris. His expression was one of surprise and sadness. He said nothing at first, but he eventually said, “Don’t say that. Don’t tell me this has to stop. And, don’t you dare feel bad for falling for me. I think, maybe, I might have fallen for you too.”
    Chris could not believe this. Surely this was some cruel, twisted joke. Dr. Brown was straight. He gave no indication at all that he might like guys. This had to be a joke.
    Before he could say anything, Dr. Brown turned the car off the highway into a rest area. As he pulled the car into a parking space, Chris said, “Wait, what’s going on here? I don’t understand.”
    Dr. Brown got out of the car and walked over to the passenger side. He opened the door and gave his Chris his hand. “Get out of the car. Let’s talk” he commanded.
    Chris took his hand and got out. And, in the stillness of the night, he looked up into Dr. Brown’s eyes and waited for some answers.
    “Chris, I can’t explain this. Never in my life did I ever think I was gay. But, ever since you started working at the hospital, I just noticed you. You are amazing. How you are with patients. How you are so easy to talk to. And, you are so comfortable in your own skin that when I look at you, I just see joy. There is a glow about you, and I can't seem to stop looking at you or thinking about you. I just think you are... fucking amazing. I never felth this way about anyone. I have been taking my lunch at the same time as you so that I could get to know you better. Figure out why I can’t stop thinking about you. To figure out why I am so impressed with you. To see what about you makes me feel so good about me. And, as much as I want to believe this is just a friendship thing, it’s not. I think I am falling for you. And, I don’t know what to do.”
    Chris could not believe what he was hearing. It was so amazing to hear but almost surreal. Was he dreaming? Did Dr. Brown really mean these things? Was it even remotely possible that this was real?
    He felt himself start to tear up. He wasn’t sure if it was out of joy or fear, but before he could stop himself, a tear escaped and slid down his cheek.
Draft saved Draft deleted