Nurse Jackie (Showime)

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_Stronzo, Jul 13, 2009.

1. B_Stronzo

B_Stronzo New Member

This Showtime half hour series is some of the best television I've ever seen.

Does anyone else follow it? Edie Falco (of The Sopranos fame) is in the title role. It's a dark comedy and if you can add it to your cable package I recommend it highly.

There was an episode (most recent) where Judith Ivey played a former nurse dying of lung cancer. The woman was beyond funny. I hope she gets an award for her performance.

There is a gay actor Haaz Sleiman who plays a male nurse who's so hot and clever in the role I pop wood whenever he's on camera.

I think if I had to rely on Network television for entertainment I'd pitch the TV.

2. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I love Nurse Jackie. I am a registered Nurse and have worked in many hospitals and can say that this show is quite realistic in depicting life at a Hospital. Without going into details, I was a bit of a "Nurse Jackie" myself....

3. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

This is a great show. I watch it every week. I can't wait for the next episode.

4. B_Stronzo

B_Stronzo New Member

The episode with Judith Ivey is BEYOND hysterical. I've watched it four times now on "on demand". Dying ex-nurse Paula to Mrs. Akalaitis; "Akalaitis... sounds like a disease. I think I have akalytis (shakes all over)" I split a gut. "Hey Akalaitis. I got somethin' in here for you too" (gives her the finger). That and the way she delivered "what a cunt".

Hysterical.

The acting is superb.

Do you guys know about the vast hew and cry many nurses are making about the "false premise" characterized by Falco's character? :rolleyes: There are some who want a proviso presented before each episode saying that it's not how it really is.

(just noticed; would one of you guys fix the title of the thread? It should read "Showtime". Thanks.)

#4 B_Stronzo, Jul 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  5. swedish fish88

Albums:
    It's a great show, I just have a hard time believing no one knows she is married and has kids.

6. B_Stronzo

B_Stronzo New Member

you bring up a good point there swedish fish ... I think the shit's gonna hit the fan on the next episode (to one degree or another)

Draft saved Draft deleted