Nutrition

Easily most peoples(and my) biggest problem.

Post your favourite links to the proper way to diet. tips from personal experience. If you have any awesome books on the matter, post those too, i'd love to gain knowledge on the subject to better myself. Maybe others will too from what you post.

inspectordickins

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't have links to provide so I'm going to tell you what I eat on a typical day.

Morning : Hot chocolate with a fruit, it can be an apple, a banana, some grapes, etc. Depending on what is available.
When I know I'm going to need more energy than usual I will have 3 eggs fried in olive oil.

Lunch : it is very variable but the starter will often be some raw vegetables (crudités?) and for the main course ill have at least one main source of protein, 90% of the time it will be white meat, chicken or fish, with some veggies, and I usually don't use sauce, only salt and pepper.

Here's two pics of my usual lunch, starter and main course are in the same plate btw :
1504521640980.JPEG

SKP_20170907_130823_272720464420.jpg

For dessert I'll have a diet fruity yoghurt and a fruit salad.

I will also snack on some apples and a few nuts (cashew nuts, hazelnuts, peanuts, almonds, pistachios, etc.) throughout the day to keep the hunger away.

For dinner I will eat a meal very similar to lunch but the main course will be reduced in favor of the dessert which means more fruits.

It is also very important to drink a lot of water, I'd say at least 2.5L a day, more if you're active, I generally drink about 5L of water a day.

Also don't forget that a good diet is way less effective of you don't work out and inversely, you can work out but you won't have good results if your diet is not on par with it.

So to sum up, don't limit yourself on fruits and veggies, they're too healthy to be neglected imo, if you're trying to put on some muscle, try to have a good source of protein at least twice a day, preferably white meat, eat lot of fibers as well as they will make you feel full faster and drink lots of water.
Concerning the quantities of food you should eat, they're totally personal so I can't really advise you on that, the best way of knowing how much food you should eat is keeping track of your calories ingested per day, see if there's a change in your body mass and then adjust that intake to that evolution.

Hope it was helpful and not too long to digest :D

eazye

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
South Padre Island (Texas, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You can eat at Macdonalds for each meal and be in calorie deficit but it won't definitely make you healthy...
Common sence would tell an adult trying to diet and lose weight not to eat McDonald's. People make shit too dificult and fail constantly . keep it simple .. Shit

inspectordickins

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Common sence would tell an adult trying to diet and lose weight not to eat McDonald's. People make shit too dificult and fail constantly . keep it simple .. Shit
Fair point but it may help to give some examples than just saying being in calorie deficit, that's what I meant.

What's your goal? What would you like to change? I live Intermittent fasting!

id like to put on muscle and not get round while i do it :p

I appreciate this a lot! thank you!

I don't have links to provide so I'm going to tell you what I eat on a typical day.

Morning : Hot chocolate with a fruit, it can be an apple, a banana, some grapes, etc. Depending on what is available.
When I know I'm going to need more energy than usual I will have 3 eggs fried in olive oil.

Lunch : it is very variable but the starter will often be some raw vegetables (crudités?) and for the main course ill have at least one main source of protein, 90% of the time it will be white meat, chicken or fish, with some veggies, and I usually don't use sauce, only salt and pepper.

Here's two pics of my usual lunch, starter and main course are in the same plate btw :
View attachment 877171
View attachment 877172

For dessert I'll have a diet fruity yoghurt and a fruit salad.

I will also snack on some apples and a few nuts (cashew nuts, hazelnuts, peanuts, almonds, pistachios, etc.) throughout the day to keep the hunger away.

For dinner I will eat a meal very similar to lunch but the main course will be reduced in favor of the dessert which means more fruits.

It is also very important to drink a lot of water, I'd say at least 2.5L a day, more if you're active, I generally drink about 5L of water a day.

Also don't forget that a good diet is way less effective of you don't work out and inversely, you can work out but you won't have good results if your diet is not on par with it.

So to sum up, don't limit yourself on fruits and veggies, they're too healthy to be neglected imo, if you're trying to put on some muscle, try to have a good source of protein at least twice a day, preferably white meat, eat lot of fibers as well as they will make you feel full faster and drink lots of water.
Concerning the quantities of food you should eat, they're totally personal so I can't really advise you on that, the best way of knowing how much food you should eat is keeping track of your calories ingested per day, see if there's a change in your body mass and then adjust that intake to that evolution.

Hope it was helpful and not too long to digest :D

inspectordickins

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I appreciate this a lot! thank you!
Glad it could help!
Now, what works for me may or may not work for you or anyone else, maybe it will work better for you than for me, who knows!
The best is to try and see how efficient it is for you, and make adjustments if needed.
There is a lot of different approaches when it comes to dieting (keto, veganism, etc.) so it could be interesting to get ideas from each one if you feel like you're going to enjoy them better, after all the most important point is that it makes you feel good!