NY-26th Congressional Special Election- Foreshadowing?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TomCat84, May 24, 2011.

1. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
  2. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    That's because the voters in upstate N.Y. clearly realized what the Republican health care plan for America is all about. When will the rest of us?

3. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    Not only should we not cut Medicare, but it should be expanded to cover EVERYBODY. Those who wish to get more than the basic level of coverage can buy a supplemental plan.

4. sargon20

Gold Member

#4 sargon20, May 25, 2011
    Last edited: May 25, 2011
  5. Mensch1351

Gold Member

In the only other State that begins with "K"!
    Let's hope that the "monied" bullshit we're going to be in-undated with in the next 16 months doesn't once again pull the wool over the voters eyes! It's going to be a VERY expensive election as the right wing pulls out ALL the stops to hold onto their power!! Already in their back rooms they're trying to figure out how to back-pedal all the Ryan damage -- and it wouldn't surprise me if under the table they're plotting to make sure HE doesn't get re-elected!!

6. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm hoping against hope that Michele Bachman runs for President. Here's how I see the election playing out. If it begins looking like Romney is going to win the nomination, expect to see a Tea Party 3rd candidate- which of course would split the Republican vote, handing Obama an unprecedented landslide. In order to avoid this, Romney will need to pick a Tea Party candidate as his VP. This will also hand the election to Obama in a landslide. I dont foresee any scenario under which the GOP candidate wins- Tim Pawlenty is too uninspiring of a candidate. Romney has flipped flopped himself to being a pancake. Bachman is, well, batshit crazy, and Sarah Palin is flat out incompetent. 2016 looks to be much more promising for the Republicans- they will have several possibilities- Chris Christie, Jeb Bush (shudder), Jon Huntsman. I suspect the Dems will nominate Hillary in 2016.

7. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    The only way Obama loses at this point is if there is a MAJOR scandal involving him or someone close to him in the administration.

8. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    Fortunately (or unfortunately?) the Dems will not be hurting for money. Big Business isn't stupid, and won't be putting all their eggs in one basket. There will be plenty of corporate money flowing to Dems coffers

9. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    Here's the funny thing: When Gingrich spoke out against the Ryan plan, the GOP faithful (and talk show rabble rousers like Limbaugh) fairly tarred and feathered him. "With friends like these," they squawked.

Turns out he was practically the only one among their entire rank and file who had even an INKLING of how shitty the Ryan plan really was for America!

...the implications of which, when you think about it, are pretty damned scary. :cool:

#9 b.c., May 25, 2011
    Last edited: May 25, 2011
  10. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    But Newt must be kicking himself for running away from that position. Didn't he go "No, no, no, I didn't really mean that", "I misspoke", "the liberal media is twisting my words"? Or words to that effect?

11. ColoradoGuy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Amen to that.

He did distance himself in the press... and then, in an interview on Sunday Morning (the TV show) he said he wasn't that far off from Ryan's plan. This morning, the Boston Globe reported he has all but backed Ryan:

And further into the article:

That's actually good because it does show the limited imagination of the Republican party. I'm just cautious about the NY-26 results because November 2012 is a long ways off.

That's an interesting scenario. I'll light some candles for a Romney / Bachmann ticket. LOL. However, don't discount Pawlenty. He may be exactly what they need... he's the anti-Obama. He's not 'attractive', he's not a great speaker, he comes off as a little bit of a wonkish, Republican Jimmy Carter-esque 'everyman'. You're right that he's not inspiring, but that combination has worked before. No matter who the Republicans select in the primary, it will be an expensive and nasty race.

12. midlifebear

Gold Member

And to make things worse, the GOP AND main stream media have started calling Tom Palenty T-Paw! Be afraid. Be very afraid!:eek:

#12 midlifebear, May 27, 2011
    Last edited: May 27, 2011
  13. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

And if Gingrich had any balls he would have stuck by his original belief and he would look like the most sensible one out of all the GOP presidential hopefuls. Alas, we all know that's not his game plan, and now he looks even worse... as well as a flip-flopper with a $500,000 credit line to Tiffany's.

14. B_RedDude

B_RedDude New Member

Yep

Draft saved Draft deleted