NY Democrat Congressman Resigns Amid Sexual Harrassment Charges Against Male Aides

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Rep. Massa has them all beat...not only do his actions add to the growing reputation of corruption of Democrats but of NY politicians. Add to that...the terrible reputation being forged of Rahm Emanuel and the turmoil in the White House.

Rahm Emanuel controversy: White House fights image of turmoil

Eric Massa's naked politics
Howard Kurtz
I must say, this obscure former Democratic congressman has been as slippery as a bar of soap. He was, you may recall, under investigation by the House ethics committee. He said he wouldn't run for reelection because his cancer had returned. Then, when news of the ethics probe surfaced, he said he would quit immediately. Then he blamed the Democrats for orchestrating his departure because he planned to vote against the health-care bill. (How exactly could they do that? No one can force out a sitting member except by an expulsion vote.)
At midday, the Massa mess took another bizarre turn with this WP scoop:
"Former Rep. Eric Massa (D-N.Y.) has been under investigation for allegations that he groped multiple male staffers working in his office, according to three sources familiar with the probe. The allegations surrounding the former lawmaker date back at least a year, and involve 'a pattern of behavior and physical harassment,' according to one source."
Washington Post

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
And a different take:
Eric Massa's (Unintentional) Gift to the White House

So everyone thought that Eric Massa would go on Glenn Beck's show and trash the White House and fuel conspiracy theories about Chicago-like intimidating tactics used to threaten lawmakers into voting for the health care bill.

But the first thing that Massa said was that he wasn't forced out, "I forced myself out."

Beck's night ended there. His lip curled up.

Then Massa used the platform to (a) look a little crazy (b) defuse a conspiracy theory that he helped to create and (c) lambast Beck a bit for his own overstatements.

Take off those tinfoil hats, folks....
Eric Massa's (Unintentional) Gift to the White House - Politics - The Atlantic

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'll tell you what this does... turns off the NPAs, and edges us another step closer to some serious political reform (or revolution. Take your pick oligarchs). It's time to drain the cesspool, not expand it.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It was sheer bliss watching Massa take accountability for his own actions. Much to the chagrin of Glenn Beck who then apologized to his viewers for "wasting their time"... and to our beloved forum troll.

rubirosa

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Poor Rahm expected to catch Scott Brown in the shower instead he got Eric Massa. Better luck "TRAWLING" the showers Rahm.........Closet Queen!!!

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Rep. Massa has them all beat...not only do his actions add to the growing reputation of corruption of Democrats

I don't see how Massa corrupted any Democrats. E.g. in a corrupt environment one would expect a cover up of his indiscretions by corrupt persons. Instead once the alleged incidents of sexual harassment came to light the House ethics committee was to investigate them. As the article says, Massa's opposition to healthcare reform didn't cause him to be ousted by Democrats. He "forced himself out" with his choice to resign, thus preventing further scrutiny by the House regarding his sexual misdeeds. Currently, and unwisely, he won't remain silent and recounted past episodes of his inappropriate behavior on television.

Last edited:

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
I don't see how Massa corrupted any Democrats. E.g. in a corrupt environment one would expect a cover up of his indiscretions by corrupt persons. Instead once the alleged incidents of sexual harassment came to light the House ethics committee was to investigate them. As the article says, Massa's opposition to healthcare reform didn't cause him to be ousted by Democrats. He "forced himself out" with his choice to resign, thus preventing further scrutiny by the House regarding his sexual misdeeds. Currently, and unwisely, he won't remain silent and recounted past episodes of his inappropriate behavior on television.

Firstly, I didn't say Massa corrupted any Democrats...he could have but I did not make that point. Secondly, Massa's actions add to the culture of corruption now being associated with the Democratic Party along with Pelosi's failure to 'drain the swamp' and her long support of Charlie Rangel.

Lastly, there is more discussion of when Pelosi and Dem Leadership knew of Massa's improper actions. :rolleyes: