NY Gov. Spitzer tied to prostitution ring

edonline

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSN1062947520080310?feedType=RSS&feedName=politicsNews

NY Gov. Spitzer tied to prostitution ring: NYT
Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:52pm EDT

NEW YORK (Reuters) - New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer has told his most senior administration officials that he had been involved in a prostitution ring, the New York Times reported on its Web site on Monday, citing an administration official.

A person with knowledge of the governor's role told the Times the governor was believed to be a client of a prostitution ring.

Spitzer had been due to make an announcement at 2:15 p.m. EDT, but half an hour later had yet to address a room crowded with journalists awaiting his statement.

As state attorney general before being elected governor in November 2006, Spitzer was sometimes called the Sheriff of Wall Street for his prominent role in investigating financial cases.

A Democrat, he entered the governor's office promising ethical reform but soon entered into a conflict with Republican leaders in the state Senate, slowing his agenda.

He has been married to Silda Wall Spitzer since 1987 and they have three daughters.

Spitzer prosecuted at least two prostitution rings when he ran the state's organized crime task force, the New York Times said in its article.

The paper said Spitzer "spoke with revulsion and anger" after announcing the arrest of 16 people for running what the paper termed a high-end prostitution ring in Staten Island.

The Times quoted Spitzer as saying: "This was a sophisticated and lucrative operation with a multitiered management structure," Spitzer said at the time. "It was, however, nothing more than a prostitution ring."

Oh I'm SO relieved the top law enforcement official in the state is only involved in prostitution. He had me worried it was something serious like speeding or jaywalking.

Radiant

1st Like
Media
"Spitzer prosecuted at least two prostitution rings when he ran the state's organized crime task force, the New York Times said in its article.

The paper said Spitzer "spoke with revulsion and anger" after announcing the arrest of 16 people for running what the paper termed a high-end prostitution ring in Staten Island."

And that's what they call poetic justice.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Too bad he wasn't governor of Nevada where the only places the evil venal anti 'Mericuhn prostitution rings are illegal are in the largest counties, Clark, Lincoln, and Washoe (Las Vegas and Reno). Fortunately, the rest of us are happy to accept and use the business tax dollars the local brothels bring in to our small western towns so we can fix pot holes, buy books for the local city libraries, and keep the local fire department hoses in working order.

Then again, organized crime sponsored prostitution is illegal throughout the Silver State. It's just more fun to make it illegal, and therefore uncontrollable, so venereal disease can run unchecked and organized crime has a means to practice sexual slavery and vice in places like Vegas and Reno. In the rest of our wild and woolly state the incidence of rape and spousal abuse is so low that our State Troopers have to concentrate on out-of-state speeders and drunken driving to top off local community coffers; things far more heinous than a politician paying money for a blow job and a high class professional dominatrix.

Edit: the whore houses just outside Carson City, our State Capital, are well-maintained and reasonably priced. They cater to both sexes, too. With your all-time low travel dollars, think Old timey Nevada the next time you're considering a vacation (especially, if you're politician who wishes to remain within the law).

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
First off, even though the media and some State Republicans-including Tedisco, the Senate Minority leader- have hung hm out to dry, it's all been rather mysterious. The exact nature of his crimes is still somewhat unknown. He was supposedly somehow involved with the Emperors Club Prosty Ring-in what way? Was he hiring the ladies? Was he acting as a pimp? . Is Spitzer only Client #9? Is he the main founder of The Emperor's Club? Time will tell. Let's see how this plays out

Since Spitzer was elected and has spoken so vigorously on ethics and how important they are to effective leadership and government, this is not good (if true).

The State of New York as it stands: The future.
If Eliiot Spitzer resigns (expected at present), David Patterson-the Lt. Governor- takes over. If through some horrifying twist of fate, Hillary Clinton becomes President, Patterson can then submit and become U.S. Junior Senator from New York. At this point, things become ultimately strange. Joseph Bruno, the leading Republican of the State Senate, and Spitzer foe, would then become acting Governor (this would also happen if Patterson refused the mantle of Governor (has there ever been a legally blind Governor?)

The good news is that this took away the spotlight on the Veto against the Governor, which was expected today by the State Senate and the Assembley of Spitzer's Crack tax (yes, he wanted to have a nifty tax stamp placed on crack vials-if not it would be breaking the law. Apparently, Spitzer must have thought crack is legal:confused:)

It will be interesting watching all of this fully unfold.

New York proving once again why it has the most fucked-up government in the country. Doesn't surprise me that all of the "three men in a smoky room," have their backs covered. I doubt Spitzer will resign willingly. Why bother? The legislature can't do anything without Spitzer and Bruno and Patterson telling them what to do.

hot-rod

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's a shock. Here I thought his name was Eliot but I find out that he's a John.
lol I'll bet he's got a big ol peter......he looks nastier than hell to me, could be a lot of fun, let's meet at The Mine Shaft and we'll all do him. lol [I understand the Mine Shaft no longer exists???]

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Spitzers replacement, if he steps down; will be Lt. Governor David Paterson. He was born legally blind and will be NY's first black Governor.

If he does resign, it will be the trifecta of the NY, NJ, CT tri-state area Governors' resigning in the last few years.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Did anyone hear his apology speech?

ROFLMAO.

He said that, after spending some time with his family, he'd "report back" -- what? To the prostitute?!! :biggrin1:

Ah! But here's the clincher!

Spitzer resigns or is removed then Patterson becomes governor.

If Hillary wins the presidency or vacates her Senate seat then Patterson can opt to take Hillary's seat in the Senate.

That would make Joe Bruno governor!!

Yes ladies and gentlemen, it doesn't get stranger than that...

Spitzer didn't resign because they're still doing backroom deals. He wants a guarantee from Patterson that he won't put Spitzer in prison (as Mr. Spitzer did with the prostitution rings he busted).

Such slimeballs...

D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Experimental Member
Media
Watched tidbits today, didn't really fixate on it...

With Clinton, it was his business and personal (even if it turned anyone off) Spitzer is in a whole different class - federal wire tap and if it's true that he is client 9 ... it's not "just sex" and not "just a prostitute" (he prosecuted 2 prostitution rings as an attorney general... client 9 paid a prostitute to leave New York to DC and that's a federal trafficing issue The Mann Act (ironic, the title, no?) - Federal wire tap, meand federal investigation and it means it's not a personal issue bubba, it's a criminal issue.

I don't think it even about infidelity in his case... I just think power is a drug; seems so many lose their way when they have it.