LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Reebok Sports Club UWS has a men's only area that has Jacuzzi with a steam and sauna that most guys are nude. Had some fun there when visiting NY. Saw lots of dick swinging too.

Alex22876

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Most of the nysc have steam rooms and showers facing each other. I used to enjoy showing off there. A lot of good memories. The ones in Chelsea and west village are fun.
Actually most of them are full of horn balls lol

Reactions: HairyMuscle

muscleman1965

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
When I went to the YMCA as a teen it was males only and everyone swam nude. Which gave me a lot of attention being big for my age added to raging hormones often rockhard in showers. Sometimes got a hand washing it too.

EdWoody

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Most of the nysc have steam rooms and showers facing each other. I used to enjoy showing off there. A lot of good memories. The ones in Chelsea and west village are fun.

Oh dear lord the NYSC at 16th and 8th was just a knocking shop. I never once left that place without having shot a load.

Which might not actually be what the OP is looking for, but still... good memories.

ryan25yo

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Anyone have recommendations for New York gyms (Manhattan) with open showers?

I know this topic has been brought up in the past, but I couldn't find a good response.
The NYAC used to have a completely open pool, steam and sauna rooms. Since women insisted on being admitted, I think there are now separate days for each sex.

Reactions: HairyMuscle

BB25

Admired Member
Media
The West Side YMCA on 63rd Street still has a huge open shower, though they did install towel hooks next to each shower head. A sauna with a large window overlooks the showers. I was amazed how many muscular types and young guys showered there when i last visited. Here's a pic I took...

Attachments

BB25

Admired Member
Media
The Vanderbilt YMCA on 47th Street in Midtown East used to have two open shower rooms on each side of the men's lockerroom (one next to the steamroom and the other next to the sauna). Each room had 12-14 showerheads and many times during the evening rush they'd be nearly full. Lots of old trolls in there who you never see on the gym floor, but also saw some pretty fit guys in there including three competitive bodybuilders who bared all. In 2013 however, they added these stupid dividers...

Attachments

Reactions: c0ck69

BB25

Admired Member
Media
The McBurney YMCA on 14th Street used to have one of the best open shower setups, with the showerheads spaced super close to each other and two rows of them facing each other in a small, well-lit room that was open on both ends. But then some idiot apparently "touched" a minor in there a couple of years ago, and they immediately installed stalls with curtains and now it's super cramped as you can imagine.

Last edited:
W

wavejock

I second ( or is it third) the comments on NYSC. You pretty much cannot go to any of these gyms without seeing ( or participating) in something if you are so inclined. It is is hilarious because everyone knows what is going on. If you are into it you sort of just go about your business..but of you are..well its there. Whether it is the showers where you can just sense people looking at you...to the sauna/steam where its like this odd sexual tension filled thing. Everyone is conscious of not pissing someone off who isnt into that or not looking. Downtown ones, Chelsea ( well that isnt all that surprising lol) and the ones in midtown 34th and 2nd area/ OMG its crazy. And all types.. jocks, young dudes, married, closeted and not closeted..white black latin asian...

Reactions: StaringIsCaring

kennethmarkzamora

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

I couldnt imagine if i was there that time you show off your meat i would literally be drooling!!

BB25

Admired Member
Media
I second ( or is it third) the comments on NYSC. You pretty much cannot go to any of these gyms without seeing ( or participating) in something if you are so inclined. It is is hilarious because everyone knows what is going on. If you are into it you sort of just go about your business..but of you are..well its there. Whether it is the showers where you can just sense people looking at you...to the sauna/steam where its like this odd sexual tension filled thing. Everyone is conscious of not pissing someone off who isnt into that or not looking. Downtown ones, Chelsea ( well that isnt all that surprising lol) and the ones in midtown 34th and 2nd area/ OMG its crazy. And all types.. jocks, young dudes, married, closeted and not closeted..white black latin asian...

Do any NYSCs in Manhattan have open showers though? I would assume they're all curtained stalls by now...

punk09

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Verification
View
The 63d Street YMCA at Central Park West has two big banks of open showers, a sauna and steam room. If you have room at the Y, you can just take the elevator downstairs. The top two floors were refurbished in the 2000s and are nice, some with views of Central Park.

Reactions: jockbros

JohnDoeXXXm

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I agree, Baron- some people DO just want to work out. Those guys can do this- on the gym floor. Beyond that, *within the boundaries of what is deemed APPROPRIATE to the guys in the room* some healthy naked bonding is just what the doctor ordered.

Any guy who goes to a health club should understand going in to a membership, or should learn shortly thereafter, that putting a group of body-conscious men together where nudity is expected is going to end anything but strictly 100% hetero. If any guy can't deal with that, he should either work out and then shower at home, OR find a different gym to work out in all together.

I'm not suggesting turning the locker room into a bath house- no no no. But when you think about it, a locker room is one of the VERY FEW socially acceptable forms of social bonding among men that remain in our repressed society. All things in moderation- a little swinging dick is healthy for gender identification. Any club that prudishly tries to mandate members to remain fully dressed and covered should be ashamed of their lack of controlling their own membership.

YEP- I'll be the first to admit that some will inappropriately cruise and/or behave in a manner not appropriate (or legal) outside of a private home- BUT I firmly believe that the sacred institution of naked male gymnastics (going back to ancient Greece!) is written into our male DNA, and is appropriately nurtured in small doses as part of self love and social self-governance. Try to outlaw it, sully it or make it something more than it is and you have repressed overcompensation, like speakeasies during prohibition.

All things in moderation. Enjoy male time. Don't tread on other's freedoms, and be respectful of appropriate interactions with others- attentive to when attention is invited, and responsive when your advances are very unwelcome. If all the guys in the steam room or sauna are going full skin- then lose the textiles! Take part in the bonding. Be part of the male species.

Its very rare when guys have opportunity to really connect with another or a few guys who they can REALLY trust to bare all with in this way- not long someone will trot in who is either bothered by the display, or scared that a semi or shower stiffy means a prison movie rape scene. After a short time, those who feel the want (or need) to connect with others will (literally) loosen their towels a bit.

W

wavejock

The NYSC showers are primarily a bunch of stalls facing each other. They are curtained but like no one really uses them for the most part...or they are partially open. Except for people who just want to shower in private and leave. Which is fine because for those who just go to do their workout and shower and leave they arent really bothered.

I do agree with Baron that yeah many giys just want to work out lol. NYC gyms are what they are I guess. But for the most part, at least at NYSc if you are their to just work out, shower ad leave you can do that. I can see how it is annoying for someone who just wants to sauna/and steam and not bear witness to other stuff.