Nyc / Nj Gyms

LockerRoomBud

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
as the gyms in the nyc and nj areas start to reopen, i'm curious to know what people's experiences have been at various chains and locations.

it seems like everyone's got different rules regarding pools, classes, towels, lockers, showers, and even masks, so i'm interested to know how things are being handled where you work out and how you felt about it. does your gym limit the amount of people in a class? do they have showers available? did you ever feel that others should be more respectful of the new guidelines? did it feel like you could do your thing the way you usually do or was it all a crazy adjustment? etc?

im not ready to head back to the gym yet, i dont feel safe, even though i desperately want to be able to get a proper workout in. but i want to hear some first hand stories before i can make that decision for myself.

thanks guys!

gymman2020

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I go to crunch in brooklyn, started back this week. I have to scan when i get in and when i get out to count for capacity. they havent had a class yet that ive seen. showers are available but it is every other shower, every other treadmill, elliptical machine too. yes as long as people are practicing safety precautions we are good. i still workout as normal and it's no pressure.

LockerRoomBud

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
that's good to know, have you seen any instances where someone wasn't being safe? was anyone from the staff on hand to say something if there was an issue?

also, that's good about the showers. i haven't figured out the logic behind how some gyms aren't using showers "for safety" while others are, especially since i'd feel a lot safer if people were able to get clean.

gymman2020

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
that's good to know, have you seen any instances where someone wasn't being safe? was anyone from the staff on hand to say something if there was an issue?

also, that's good about the showers. i haven't figured out the logic behind how some gyms aren't using showers "for safety" while others are, especially since i'd feel a lot safer if people were able to get clean.
My gym sauna is also closed, but in ATL at LA Fitness it was open in and it allowed two people.
Everyone I saw was working out safely, some took the mask down to catch some good air, and put it back on

LockerRoomBud

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
thanks for the info! defintely want to hear more positive experiences like this.

i'm still gonna hold off for now and see if the numbers stay where they're at for long enough

or maybe i'll break down and figure out how to get a decent home gym setup!

Winchie

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
as the gyms in the nyc and nj areas start to reopen, i'm curious to know what people's experiences have been at various chains and locations.

it seems like everyone's got different rules regarding pools, classes, towels, lockers, showers, and even masks, so i'm interested to know how things are being handled where you work out and how you felt about it. does your gym limit the amount of people in a class? do they have showers available? did you ever feel that others should be more respectful of the new guidelines? did it feel like you could do your thing the way you usually do or was it all a crazy adjustment? etc?

im not ready to head back to the gym yet, i dont feel safe, even though i desperately want to be able to get a proper workout in. but i want to hear some first hand stories before i can make that decision for myself.

thanks guys!
The gyms in Florida have been open since June. At the gyms in Miami (Miami closed again for a month and just now reopened) and Ft. Lauderdale they have limited capacity, you must pass a temperature check and you must wear a mask even while working out. Of course there are some who wear the mask to enter and then let it hang around their neck while out of sight of the front desk. The showers are available but the steam room is closed. The locker room is opened with only a few lockers available and the pool is open. The gyms have all closed their basketball courts (mostly LA Fitness have basketball courts) and half the equipment is roped off.

Reactions: TranHlong

osid

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I go to Equinox and I think everyone's pretty careful. I haven't seen anyone not wear a mask yet, and they take them down just to grab a sip of water. I think everyone who's been going knows that we get to keep the gyms only so long as everyone's careful, so everyone's careful.

No saunas or steamrooms, but I think showers are open. I don't think anyone's been using them if they can help it, though.

Czh175

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I go to crunch in brooklyn, started back this week. I have to scan when i get in and when i get out to count for capacity. they havent had a class yet that ive seen. showers are available but it is every other shower, every other treadmill, elliptical machine too. yes as long as people are practicing safety precautions we are good. i still workout as normal and it's no pressure.
Which crunch in Bk do you go to

gymman2020

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Might switch from NYSC to crunch. How’s the crunch on 23rd? Do they have sauna/steam rooms/other amenities?
They don’t have a sauna but it’s a very homo friendly, cruise type gym if you want it to be