Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I only know about the open showers at the YMCA, the one at 61st street.
There are indeed open showers in the hotel portion of the YMCA. I showered there daily in the morning and night and it had cruise vibes as the frosting on the showers are peeling and it's very easy to see inside, I would jerk off on the 10th floor showers and got watched and sucked off several times during my stay there.

Susanonyc

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Does Crunch 38 have a steam room or just a sauna? Where does action happen?
Just a sauna. But I’ve seen things happen in there. Most of the action happens in the shower area though.

ItalTony9

Legendary Member
Media
San Rafael, California, United States of America
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Nah, the dudes at TMPL are gonna hook up no matter what. Stuff goes down in the bathroom stalls and the last two rows of lockers steamroom or not.
Astor Place Locker room? There seems to be some slightly blocked areas in the back and theres a long site line to the entrance...ie: youll hear and see someone coming (ahem) from afar

ItalTony9

Legendary Member
Media
San Rafael, California, United States of America
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
The word I just got for TMPL Astor Place is that the steam room is becoming a Sauna instead. Probably to cut costs but hopefully not to add a glass wall that reduces privacy. I have mixed thoughts about whether they would do this or not. I don't think cruising is their main issue, I think it's the water bill. Obviously, I'll miss the steam room for its health benefits and it may hinder my willingness to go.

The bottom line though is there has been a lot of cost cutting choices in the last year or so. They cut a corporate sponsorship program for employees of the neighboring universities. They also cut the hot yoga class. Then there's the new towel policy which I sort of understand considering I'd see lunks with 3 towels being wasteful. The steam room and two neighboring showers broke often and they were always taking part of the wall out to fix it so it's possible that there was something actually wrong with the pipes.

The weirdest news I heard was that they said they will be renovating the locker room soon as well. Personally, I find that locker room to be beautiful. I see no reason for them to redesign it but perhaps they're going to put in those lockers that they have in the West Village. I just hope they don't dare change the lighting.
the lighting is dark, moody and attractive.

Reactions: RyeGuy92

kmc1995

Legendary Member
Media
New York City, New York, United States of America
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
which equinox for hot young professionals 25-30s
Well, Wall Street, 43rd, and Grand Central. But they aren’t the best for cruising. Rockefeller and W50 are wild. Bryant Park is hit or miss.

nopeyep

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Astor Place Locker room? There seems to be some slightly blocked areas in the back and theres a long site line to the entrance...ie: youll hear and see someone coming (ahem) from afar
Yes and if you have a few ppl down to play one can always watch you and the hallway, like i once had while sucking some good dick

Reactions: Alextate817

kmc1995

Legendary Member
Media
New York City, New York, United States of America
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What are good times at W50?
I’ve never been in the evenings so I can’t speak to that. But weekends and early afternoons are great. But I’ll echo what someone earlier said that some of the guys are stand-offish. So if you’re not attractive you’re not likely to have a lot of interactions.

Reactions: Kert983

Pp77rp

Experimental Member
Media
I’ve never been in the evenings so I can’t speak to that. But weekends and early afternoons are great. But I’ll echo what someone earlier said that some of the guys are stand-offish. So if you’re not attractive you’re not likely to have a lot of interactions.
What's the demo?
Where are the old distinguished types

sotf2009

Expert Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What's the demo?
Where are the old distinguished types
demo at w50 is mainly HK muscle gays
old "distinguished" types would probably be more at rock center, east 61 or east 63. highest % of play at rock center though, at typically the same times (early afternoons)

Alextate817

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
(since I'm doing reviews now :rolleyes:) Went to the east 34th st Crunch yesterday between 4 - 6pm. It's got a steam room and a sauna. The shower doors are nearly transparent so you're def not going in there with another person - there is one accessible shower with a curtain so that's an option if you want to go for it.

Sauna would be hard to hook up in because the door is clear and a line of sight view of the whole thing, but it would be easy to show off yours and see other guys dicks. The steamroom is where people would hookup as you can't see into it from the outside.

Seeing people get specific in the thread is helpful. I'd say the guys cruising looked like they had been there all day, not super fit, not hung, and that they'd do anything with anyone - thirsty with no regard mutual interest. At the same time they weren't horny enough to get their dicks out to get something going...so far the Crunch locations I've been to were kinda like this, but I think I've also had bad timing because i did see the same smoking hot guy at Tribeca come in as I was leaving, and leave 34th as I was entering.

I'll try the Chelsea or west 38th st ones next since they've gotten some praise here in the thread.
Please do more reviews. 34th and 38th are main locations and sometimes 59th too.

Reactions: Mikmic and RyeGuy92

jp

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Please do more reviews. 34th and 38th are main locations and sometimes 59th too.
I had been using Gympass to hit up all these locations, but I canceled it for the time being since I'm also paying for my TMPL membership. I'll add more reviews if I ever go to new gyms in NYC with steam/saunas

Reactions: Alextate817

jp

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Are the showers or sauna at TMPL astor place working yet?
Showers are/were back open but they're still doing work on the sauna. They closed the showers yesterday because they were doing some heavy work in the sauna but usually the showers are open after 5pm.

The curtains have been 'falling' down and some of us have been choosing to shower out in the open. Had a nice time showering with another guy that was also comfy being nude.

Reactions: hrdinnyc76

justliving

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Showers are/were back open but they're still doing work on the sauna. They closed the showers yesterday because they were doing some heavy work in the sauna but usually the showers are open after 5pm.

The curtains have been 'falling' down and some of us have been choosing to shower out in the open. Had a nice time showering with another guy that was also comfy being nude.
did they ever give an updated estimate for when construction will be done? it looked like only the front 2 showers were open today when i checked!

jp

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
did they ever give an updated estimate for when construction will be done? it looked like only the front 2 showers were open today when i checked!
Yep, the front two were on yesterday, but they've had them all open on other days. I think the construction materials have overflowed into the wet area.

I haven't asked, but from the looks of it maybe weeks?