NYC's "Naked Cowboy"

BIGdkluver

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
What's up with the so-called "Naked Cowboy" who walks around Time Square in his briefs?

Anyone from NYC wish to explain what's going on with this guy?

Is he soliciting or trying to break into show biz or what??

If you've seen him in person, does he show a big bulge? And do the police harass him at all?

I'm just curious, that's all. Thanks! :smile:

cdunstan1

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
He's running for mayor. Kind of a longshot.

I think he's got show biz ambitions. I know he's tried out for American Idol. But mostly he's a marketing machine. I read he pulls in nearly a grand a day. Kind of NYCs answer to Paris Hilton.

Mule

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
What's up with the so-called "Naked Cowboy" who walks around Time Square in his briefs?

If you've seen him in person, does he show a big bulge? And do the police harass him at all?

From what I've seen of him, there is definitely no bulge beyond what you would expect to see on an average guy. It's not helped by the fact that the underwear he usually wears on the street is less than flattering.

The police really cannot harass him, at least not for being on the street in his underwear. As long as he has those briefs on, there's no crime being committed. As for street performance without a license, it's unlikely that they'll intervene unless someone makes a complaint.

He's in pretty good shape though - works out a lot and is reasonably good at playing guitar/singing. I seem to remember reading somewhere that he started busking in his underwear because the extra attention garnered more change from passers-by.

Since then he's gone on to become a fixture of NYC, and he's registered his likeness as a trademark. He makes money off appearance fees on TV. Just an enterprising guy making something out of not much at all.

Last edited:

TexasTail4U2Use

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yeah I'm from NYC, hes just another Street Performer.

Going to be in NYC in Dec. for New Year's. Does he 'hang' out then or is it too cold? If he does does he have a preferred location? Or is he just all over???

Broncos789

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've been there numerous times. He's just kind of a tourist attraction. He just takes pictures with people. Nothing too fancy-schmancy.

cdunstan1

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Going to be in NYC in Dec. for New Year's. Does he 'hang' out then or is it too cold? If he does does he have a preferred location? Or is he just all over???

Never too cold for the Naked Cowboy. I can't believe the dude doesn't get frostbite. That may explain why he doesn't have much of a bulge. Altho the few times Ive seen him his package looks adequate.

I think he works Times Square exclusively when he's in town.