'o-lpsg'

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
So, where do you get your numbers? A person 52 years old is not generally considered elderly, and for most purposes, "elderly" begins after age 65.

and that's just because Otto von Bismarck looked around at his friends and decided that in general the ones who were 65 or older were no longer any use to the workforce. Thus the first retirement age was mandated in Germany.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Chuck, I don't mean to pick on you, but one of the problems is that people do a lot of inferring and don't even really look at the site-- or look only in the trouble at the mill section or the happy hour section where anyone can post.

I'm not a defector. I've been a member of this forum for over a year and of that one since its inception. I like both. FWIW, I have bitched and moaned about this site over there, specifically, one incident. It was much less destructive than bringing it over here or doing it in PM or IM on this site. It doesn't mean I don't like LPSG. It just meant that I had a forum to vent a specific grievance, which was really nice. I've since gotten over it.

Osiris, you'd be a great addition to that site, as you are here. Eddyabs, I encourage you to participate as well. If you don't like that site, you have two choices-- stay away or help make it better. I'd rather see people do the latter, but that is not my choice. Bitching and moaning about it over here doesn't help either site.
Snoozie, I respect your decision and choices about going over there, but I have no other basis for comparison aside from what has been posted here about OLPSG, so I can't help but be less than misinformed about it. Truth be told, I only saw it once, never participated in it, but decided LPSG is still my place to be. I'd like to say that I might wanna entertain the notion of trying it, but given who is the host and the past here it would be interesting. I still consider you a friend, and i would remiss to let it go to pot over a complete misunderstanding.
Great attitude, chuck and scared boy. Someone told you that you should be vitriolic toward "that other site," and you dutifully do so. Bitterness, indeed.

You two, and eddyabs, cannot possibly be missing the delicious irony of this thread (a clone of countless others). You sit here and smugly bitch about the fact that all that goes on "on that other site" is bitching about this site. Hypocritical, and untrue.

Even better irony is that you claim to know what goes on over there, and in the same breath claim you've never visited the site, and won't waste the time and energy to do so.

Yeah, bitterness indeed.
Your opinion is duly noted. It's also laced with negativity in the worst possible way over my feelings about the place. I want you to understand something, and understand real fast, because this is the only time I care to explain myself:

One: I only know so much about OLPSG, aside from posts here, and who the hell started OLPSG. so I am misinformed, but what from I can tell, it does allow a venting space. anything else, I'd hafta visit on a trial basis.

Two: My "vitriolic/caustic/sarcastic remarks" must be tacit, because I only based them on what I read here.

Three: How dare you make presumptuous conclusions souly based on what I've only read about the place? Did it ever occur to you that I simply tired of of hearing about this, and wanted a break from it, or do you really want me to subscribe to the notion that my one post on a repeating series of threads warrants me being labeled as two-faced and arrogantly profess immediate dislike?
:rant:Don't you ever jump on me alone just because I expressed my being jaded of the subject. Fact is, I know a lot of people who went there, and would like to think of them still as friends, but your labeling me as an ignorant hypocrite after just one post here 86's you as any possibility of that. If you wanna know the truth, you're basing your conclusions on me too abrupt and too fast; the truth is this the 1st time I've ever really had anything really deprecating with regards to OLPSG, but that's probably the last time I will to maintain somewhat friendly relations with people I knew when I 1st started here.
you want me to get a better view of the place? Invite me over, show the website, I'll gladly go over to get a better perception if that's what it'll take,okay?
Petty and bitter. Huh! a one time post of being jaded about hearing this, and you're looking to flay me alive postwise because of it.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Snoozie, I respect your decision and choices about going over there, but I have no other basis for comparison aside from what has been posted here about OLPSG, so I can't help but be less than misinformed about it. Truth be told, I only saw it once, never participated in it, but decided LPSG is still my place to be. I'd like to say that I might wanna entertain the notion of trying it, but given who is the host and the past here it would be interesting. I still consider you a friend, and i would remiss to let it go to pot over a complete misunderstanding.

Your opinion is duly noted. It's also laced with negativity in the worst possible way over my feelings about the place. I want you to understand something, and understand real fast, because this is the only time I care to explain myself:

One: I only know so much about OLPSG, aside from posts here, and who the hell started OLPSG. so I am misinformed, but what from I can tell, it does allow a venting space. anything else, I'd hafta visit on a trial basis.

Two: My "vitriolic/caustic/sarcastic remarks" must be tacit, because I only based them on what I read here.

Three: How dare you make presumptuous conclusions souly based on what I've only read about the place? Did it ever occur to you that I simply tired of of hearing about this, and wanted a break from it, or do you really want me to subscribe to the notion that my one post on a repeating series of threads warrants me being labeled as two-faced and arrogantly profess immediate dislike?
:rant:Don't you ever jump on me alone just because I expressed my being jaded of the subject. Fact is, I know a lot of people who went there, and would like to think of them still as friends, but your labeling me as an ignorant hypocrite after just one post here 86's you as any possibility of that. If you wanna know the truth, you're basing your conclusions on me too abrupt and too fast; the truth is this the 1st time I've ever really had anything really deprecating with regards to OLPSG, but that's probably the last time I will to maintain somewhat friendly relations with people I knew when I 1st started here.
you want me to get a better view of the place? Invite me over, show the website, I'll gladly go over to get a better perception if that's what it'll take,okay?
Petty and bitter. Huh! a one time post of being jaded about hearing this, and you're looking to flay me alive postwise because of it.
Man, you really have some issues that you should explore. I didn't flay you, as you so eloquently put it. I merely pointed out that, number one, it is hypocritical to bitch about "the other site" because all they do is bitch about this site. Honestly, you cannot deny that.

Number two, I also pointed out that you made statements about that other site as fact, but based it on hearsay. Your statement, "the place seems to be a whining, bitching place for defectors.
Please let's give this useless crap up and concetrate on some real stuff, huh?" does sound pretty strong an opinion to have based on second-hand information.

Perhaps you have issues with BigD, but that's not what you presented in your post. That's a whole other can of worms. I'm not his biggest fan (for my own reasons) but that's no reason for me to trash the whole message board - especially if I had not even seen it.

Hmm, after re-reading the rest of your rant, just forget it. Go ahead, take out your frustrations on me, whatever it takes to make you feel better. I don't recall accusing you of ad nauseum posts about it, I was simply addressing the post you did make; forgive me if I misconstrued a portion of your rant, it got a little disjointed in your rage at me.

If you are simply tired of hearing about it, why would you even open the thread, read it, and post about it?

If you don't want to visit that site, based solely on what you've read others say about it, that's fine. For you to make claims about the content of that site, based solely on what you've read others say about it, that's a little disingenuous.

If you want to hate on me for saying that, it's fine with me. I promise I won't hate you back.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Man, you really have some issues that you should explore. I didn't flay you, as you so eloquently put it. I merely pointed out that, number one, it is hypocritical to bitch about "the other site" because all they do is bitch about this site. Honestly, you cannot deny that.

Number two, I also pointed out that you made statements about that other site as fact, but based it on hearsay. Your statement, "the place seems to be a whining, bitching place for defectors.
Please let's give this useless crap up and concetrate on some real stuff, huh?" does sound pretty strong an opinion to have based on second-hand information.

Perhaps you have issues with BigD, but that's not what you presented in your post. That's a whole other can of worms. I'm not his biggest fan (for my own reasons) but that's no reason for me to trash the whole message board - especially if I had not even seen it.

Hmm, after re-reading the rest of your rant, just forget it. Go ahead, take out your frustrations on me, whatever it takes to make you feel better. I don't recall accusing you of ad nauseum posts about it, I was simply addressing the post you did make; forgive me if I misconstrued a portion of your rant, it got a little disjointed in your rage at me.

If you are simply tired of hearing about it, why would you even open the thread, read it, and post about it?

If you don't want to visit that site, based solely on what you've read others say about it, that's fine. For you to make claims about the content of that site, based solely on what you've read others say about it, that's a little disingenuous.

If you want to hate on me for saying that, it's fine with me. I promise I won't hate you back.
Well, I knew that the last post I made wasn't going to give any hint of you letting this go as I am, but since you've chosen to attempt to turn this around on me when I tried to admit my mistakes, you've got it, and got it good.

I'd like to point out that I was indeed incorrect of my assumption of OLPSG. That's the limit.
Now turning your attention whether or not I've issues with BD, well, I don't think I'd be alone, but then again, I haven't really had any hard withstanding issues with the man, some minor debate at one point. however, not issues.
Why would I even bother opening the thread if I was indeeded tired of it?
well, it's a little thing called curiosity.Webster's defines it as a desire to learn or know. That and the fact that I needed to remember how pre-existing threads we had on this so we could add it on.

Moving on to my intent to see the site 1st hand, I'm almost reasonably certain I mentioned towards the end of my last post that I would like to take a look, so the point of telling me not to visit it if I don't like it is irrelevant as well as inconclusive. But I did say I'd go & visit, didn't I ?

Might I also point out that this paranoia of yours that I indeed hate you for your slamming me after my last post is immaterial as well as unfounded. I don't hate arbitrarily just because someone disagrees with me.
Look, I'm completely willing to give this up if you are- I don't need any discord that's unnecessary. So, how's about ending this after I hope will be my last post? It isn't worth slamming or griping over it that much, is it?

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, I knew that the last post I made wasn't going to give any hint of you letting this go as I am, but since you've chosen to attempt to turn this around on me when I tried to admit my mistakes, you've got it, and got it good.
<...>
Might I also point out that this paranoia of yours that I indeed hate you for your slamming me after my last post is immaterial as well as unfounded. I don't hate arbitrarily just because someone disagrees with me.
Look, I'm completely willing to give this up if you are- I don't need any discord that's unnecessary. So, how's about ending this after I hope will be my last post? It isn't worth slamming or griping over it that much, is it?
I am honestly, truly, genuinely sorry that my post angered you so much.

I apologize.

I am sorry.

Mea culpa.

I don't know how else to say it. I'm sorry that my post infuriated you so. There are problems in your responses to me, but in the spirit of cordial relations, I won't even get into that.

I AM SORRY I OFFENDED YOU.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
To my friend DC_DEEP:

For the record. I do not loathe the OLPSG as I once did thanks to you, Lex, and a few others. I still probably won't visit, but I know a lot more now than I did before. I now have both sides of the story and can see why things have happened as they did.

If you really do like the other site and believe it is not a haven of hate, then that needs to be shared. Right now it seems only the negative is and that is what mainly keeps the "war" raging.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I try to disregard what I hear from other people and only make judgements based on what I see personally. I've never been over to BD's site and I think that was a wise decision because I don't come on the net for anything other than fun and lots of the people who've been over to the other site seem to come away a bit annoyed.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I try to disregard what I hear from other people and only make judgements based on what I see personally. I've never been over to BD's site and I think that was a wise decision because I don't come on the net for anything other than fun and lots of the people who've been over to the other site seem to come away a bit annoyed.

That would be exactly where I am. No hate to anyone who does, it just isn't right for me.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
To my friend DC_DEEP:

For the record. I do not loathe the OLPSG as I once did thanks to you, Lex, and a few others. I still probably won't visit, but I know a lot more now than I did before. I now have both sides of the story and can see why things have happened as they did.

If you really do like the other site and believe it is not a haven of hate, then that needs to be shared. Right now it seems only the negative is and that is what mainly keeps the "war" raging.
Thanks, Osiris. You aren't just my friend, you're my brother - even if I am melanin-impaired! :biggrin1:

Expect a PM from me at some point today...

I try to disregard what I hear from other people and only make judgements based on what I see personally.
Thanks, Princess. That's the simple point I've been trying to make.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
To my friend DC_DEEP:

Reserving the right to change your mind based on additional information is what me and my friends like to call being open-minded and thinking.

Thanks for being that way.

HUGS.

DC DEEP--love ya boo!

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Reserving the right to change your mind based on additional information is what me and my friends like to call being open-minded and thinking.

HUGS.

DC DEEP--love ya boo!
Same to you, other-brother! I miss ya... Youse two need to come visit!

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I post on both sites.
I was initially a bit bothered by what I sensed as self-reinforcing negativity on the 'other' site, and posted to that effect.
But then I took a wider view of the site and found lots of stuff of great interest. Madame Z, for example, has a great thread on homphobia. Matthew has a thread, now eight-pages long, on the slipperiness of any assignments we might wish to make of sexual orientation. Both fascinating and not unlike the best of the Etcetera thread on this site. (Myself, I haven't posted on either thread, because many of the posts have been so good that it would take half a day to find anything new and worthy enough to add. Again, just like the best of the Etcetera thread.)
The bitchiness that marked some of the early posts over 'there' was understandable and has largely (not completely) burned out. And it's confined to defined areas of the board, so you can avoid it easily.
It's a pretty normal board, in other words.
I've come to enjoy both spots.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

HUGS.

DC DEEP--love ya boo!

Thanks for the compliment Lex, but I'll take a bigger step and say it takes a bigger man to admit he was wrong and being an idiot. That would be me.

I am still not sure what to think about going to the other site (thanks Snoozan for the refferal), but I still will say it is probably best to stay away as there are a few posts that are like the proverbial box and I do not want to end up as Pandora did.

Ignorance is bliss at times.

Thanks, Osiris. You aren't just my friend, you're my brother - even if I am melanin-impaired! :biggrin1:

Expect a PM from me at some point today...

That's OK, the wife and the spawn are pigment challenged so we have plenty of sunblock in the house. As for visiting, we are trying to plan a trip to my friends in Virginia. It is just a stones throw from you if I am not mistaken. It would be good to meet some of the East Coast crew.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks for the compliment Lex, but I'll take a bigger step and say it takes a bigger man to admit he was wrong and being an idiot. That would be me.

I am still not sure what to think about going to the other site (thanks Snoozan for the refferal), but I still will say it is probably best to stay away as there are a few posts that are like the proverbial box and I do not want to end up as Pandora did.

Ignorance is bliss at times.

That's OK, the wife and the spawn are pigment challenged so we have plenty of sunblock in the house. As for visiting, we are trying to plan a trip to my friends in Virginia. It is just a stones throw from you if I am not mistaken. It would be good to meet some of the East Coast crew.

Yes you best to let those of us in the area know when you are coming to town!

wldhoney

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
So far I haven&#8217;t posted anything in this thread. Not only did I want to see which direction it took, but I have been extremely busy, and I honestly doubt it will make a difference. But here goes.....:rolleyes: I do feel the need to address several issues brought up here that bother me.

First, I find it interesting that there are members who are defending the other site with &#8220;freedom of speech&#8221;, then basically telling the OP that he shouldn&#8217;t be starting this thread. Huh? :confused: Then there are comments about going to the other site to &#8220;vent&#8221; while it is implied that the OP is stirring &#8220;sh*t&#8221;. Whether this is because we simply expect a higher standard here, or some hidden purpose, I don&#8217;t know. But why defend one person&#8217;s antics elsewhere, then chastise a member for the same here?

Second, regarding the comments on members and their &#8220;honesty&#8221;. Personally, I find little honesty in what I read in my two visits there. I did read &#8220;hostility&#8221;, and there is a difference. Say you have a disagreement with someone, and you call them &#8220;a short, fat, bald jackass&#8221;. Maybe the person really is short, fat and bald. Does that mean you are honest, or is the real truth simply that you are pissed off and frustrated with the argument and you are unable to defend your stance? Since when is name calling being honest?

There are a couple of members here who had a difference of opinion. One of them became angry, so they &#8220;vented&#8221; by bad-mouthing the other member at the other site, but failed to mention what they were really pissed about. Being honest would have been clarifying the situation to those reading their post by stating &#8220;so and so disagreed with me and I can&#8217;t deal with that so I am going to call him names because I am frustrated and angry&#8221;. Of course, this is someone who has no problem criticizing others, yet they cannot handle someone disagreeing with them. That's not honesty. That's trying to get others mad at the same person by inciting a mob mentality.

If being hostile is equal to honesty, then we would all use that as an excuse to belittle others in every aspect of our lives. With our co-workers and employers, with cashiers at the grocery store, with little old ladies walking in front of us and holding us up. Anyone who makes us mad.

Which brings me to being &#8220;open-minded&#8221;. I don&#8217;t find it very open-minded to get upset that someone had the audacity :rolleyes: to disagree with you or kiss up to you, so to &#8220;show them&#8221; your reaction is to insult them and call them names elsewhere. Nor does it raise any great respect for them with me.

I myself tried to be open minded when I first read thru several of the other site's threads. Yes, perhaps other topics had great discourse, but they would still contain the same members in the more maliciousthreads who have already shown they are unable to handle someone debating with them, so why bother participating?

And it still comes down to the site being a &#8220;business&#8221;. If I go to a new restaurant, and the staff working at the time are rude, and the food unappetizing, I&#8217;m not going to think &#8220;hmmm, maybe a different shift is better&#8221;. I&#8217;m going to eat my meal, leave a tip because I know everyone has a bad day, leave, and never go back. If someone asks me if I ate there, I&#8217;m going to tell them it was bad.

I also find it interesting that, while the OP has gone so far as to apologize for starting this thread and perhaps making assumptions, instead of getting support from his fellow members here at LPSG, he is getting a bit flamed. Not only by those who are members of both sites, or those doing the childish bad mouthing and name calling, but by those who should be defending him. And I doubt very much that anyone here will receive an apology from over there. I am curious if there are any posts there from members telling others they are trouble makers because they are posting negative threads about here. Perhaps that is the case? :confused:

When I was at OLPSG the second and last time, there was a member here (X), and no, I don&#8217;t mean burns1de, who was getting belittled. One of the dual member's who claims member "X" to be such a great friend here, had not made one comment to defend their supposed &#8220;friend&#8221;.

Now, I&#8217;m sorry, but if I tell someone I respect them and that they are a great friend, if I see another writing posts for the simply act of insulting them out of pettiness, rather than a difference of opinion, I&#8217;m going to speak up. I&#8217;m not going to pat them on the back and tell them &#8220;Oh, you are so honest and I think you are great&#8221;. That smacks of passive-aggressiveness to me. While I won&#8217;t come out and call anyone and &#8220;asshole&#8221; or a &#8220;bitch&#8221;, I will post that I think their comments are immature.

Freedom of speech, being &#8220;honest&#8221; , &#8220;straightforward&#8221;, &#8220;blunt&#8221;, &#8220;open-minded&#8221; has nothing to do with the cowardice of going elsewhere to belittle others. It's akin to a group of high schoolers whispering in the corner because a &#8220;friend&#8221; likes someone who they deem a &#8220;nerd&#8221;, much like the movie "Mean Girls". I am not saying that ALL members at OLPSG are doing this, but there are most definitely some that come here, create posts on how LPSG has so many issues, trolls, and we need to change, etc., then then they go to OLPSG and make fun of members here. Where is there anything positive in that?

I know I&#8217;ve pretty much stated this before, and gone back and forth on it with others, even with some members who are doing exactly as I stated above. My question is, if OLPSG does not want to be known simply as a place to put members of LPSG down, if they really want others here to join, then why are the members promoting the pettiness not being called out there? I see this as hypocritical on the part of those causing the issues both here and there. The same people who spend most of their time posting negative remarks are playing both sides.

Anyway, so now I "vented". Sorry I couldn't be "honest" by calling a bunch of members names, but I'm simply not that "open-minded" :wink:.

wldhoney

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Interesting. When someone else expresses an opinion in a thread, their life is boring. So open-minded, non-insulting, non-belittling and fair. Thank you. For proving my point.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Damnnit woman I wish you were around more often. You hit several points that are the reason I do not go and don't think I could participate there.

Eddy had every right to post this and does he need to apologize? NO! he is within his right. The main reason I still will not go over is the whole petty people. Whereas Lex and Snoozan have botrh said you'd be a welcome addition, I would have to disagree as I am seen, according to posts related to me from that site, as "The King of LPSG" (a term I despise very much) and an ingratiating ass kisser. Why would I want to join a site where a good deal of the membership see me in this light? That would be like me wanting to join the KKK.

My whole thing is this so-called "war of the forums". It is ludicrous to say the very least. When did it become a crime or arch sin to disagree with someone? When did it become ok to besmirch and slander someone just because they didn't think your dick was big enough? Or your tits round enough? Disagreement is a part of life. How we handle it defines us. I see a lot of people getting on Frizzle's case about his views without bothering to ask "why do you feel that way?" Frizzle has even asked why before and I applaud him for being that open minded. I'm not saying everyone is going to be happier after an explanation, but at least the attempt was there to understand rather than just blindly condemn like alot of the "Janus Posters" who have dual membership.

You know how much respect I have for you and after reading your post, I am reminded how fortunate I am to have you as a friend. Thank you.

Now should I author a pissy post about how your taste in clothes sucks? :biggrin1: