'o-lpsg'

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I tried the other site and did not like it. A well respected member left, partly because of how I was treated there. (not that I was an Angel there).

I do think they they look down on this site (and it's members) more than we look down on theirs.

I snuck out of there and do not plan on posting there again. I met a few very nice, supportive people, but many who were the opposite.

I think it is great that they have a site where people who are not happy here, or people who have been banned from here can post.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, I really do miss alot of the guys who were here, and i wish they'd come back. I only saw the other site for but a millisecond, but did not assimilate enough to make a fair evaluation, only what I read here thus far, however, I'd like to try it just to feel it out so my opinion next time will be more informed, that and so DC doesn't jump on me quicker than stink on doodoo.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I tried the other site and did not like it. A well respected member left, partly because of how I was treated there. (not that I was an Angel there).

I do think they they look down on this site (and it's members) more than we look down on theirs.

I snuck out of there and do not plan on posting there again. I met a few very nice, supportive people, but many who were the opposite.

I think it is great that they have a site where people who are not happy here, or people who have been banned from here can post.
In fairness, mem, I saw a part of that series of posts "over there," and you have to admit, it was very similar to some threads and posts here earlier this year. Personally, I'm glad your posting style has changed, and I enjoy reading most of your stuff these days. But I didn't see much different there than I saw here just a short time back.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
In fairness, mem, I saw a part of that series of posts "over there," and you have to admit, it was very similar to some threads and posts here earlier this year. Personally, I'm glad your posting style has changed, and I enjoy reading most of your stuff these days. But I didn't see much different there than I saw here just a short time back.

I do admit that. That's why I said I was no Angel there. I did go there for the wrong reason. (being talked about). I did ask them to give me a chance. It did not work out and I am glad I no longer post there. I am sure that many there are glad to see me gone. One good thing I do have to say is the Big D himself did not get involved in the nonsense.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
First, I find it interesting that there are members who are defending the other site with “freedom of speech”, then basically telling the OP that he shouldn’t be starting this thread. Huh? :confused: Then there are comments about going to the other site to “vent” while it is implied that the OP is stirring “sh*t”. Whether this is because we simply expect a higher standard here, or some hidden purpose, I don’t know. But why defend one person’s antics elsewhere, then chastise a member for the same here?
I'm not sure who's been doing the "freedom of speech" thing (especially since that doesn't really apply here) but I know it's not a reference to me, since my only objection has been hypocrisy.
Second, regarding the comments on members and their “honesty”. Personally, I find little honesty in what I read in my two visits there. I did read “hostility”, and there is a difference.
Did you read any threads at all that were not in the "Trouble" sub-forum?" Other than that, I won't comment further on the "hostility" comment.
There are a couple of members here who had a difference of opinion. One of them became angry, so they “vented” by bad-mouthing the other member at the other site, but failed to mention what they were really pissed about. Being honest would have been clarifying the situation to those reading their post by stating “so and so disagreed with me and I can’t deal with that so I am going to call him names because I am frustrated and angry”. Of course, this is someone who has no problem criticizing others, yet they cannot handle someone disagreeing with them. That's not honesty. That's trying to get others mad at the same person by inciting a mob mentality.
Here's the opening post from "over there" that the OP of this thread felt it necessary to post. You tell me if there's any bad-mouthing or criticism:

Hello one and all, I just dropped by from LPSG to check it all out--

My thoughts--

Alex8, you know me, but do you?

MZ--you know me too doll.

Kotchanski--we pm-ed numerous times.

BigD--we always gotalong--you backed me up many times.

What I will say in deference is that there is way too much bitching going on here directed at LPSG. What is astonishing is that a lot of it comes from members who still post regularly at LPSG--in your defense at least some of you have the balls to show yourselves bilaterally.

Life at LPSG--(as if many of you didn't already know--).--well, a LOT lot more peaceful, not as much ranting and swearing, most missed--Alex8 and Lex--most missed and not missed at the same time--MZ and Big D--definitely NOT missed--Stronzo.

I for one will pop in here from time to time, LPSG still has a stronger pull, the etc thread (contrary to some posts) is still on point, and LPSG as a whole less trollful. And of course we still have the splendid galleries with tons and tons of glorious large man meat to slobber over (as if all of you don't check back from time to time--non?).

It's nice to see you all behaving yourselves and being nice to one another.

Keep it up.

Lafanwy xx

ps--a word of advice--stop all the bitching, it really doesn't become you and causes quite a few chuckles on LPSG when we all know *tsk-tsk* that you all still 'jump-in' regularly, deguise ou pas.

Au revoir...A bientot!

If being hostile is equal to honesty, then we would all use that as an excuse to belittle others in every aspect of our lives. With our co-workers and employers, with cashiers at the grocery store, with little old ladies walking in front of us and holding us up. Anyone who makes us mad.
Which brings me to being “open-minded”. I don’t find it very open-minded to get upset that someone had the audacity :rolleyes: to disagree with you or kiss up to you, so to “show them” your reaction is to insult them and call them names elsewhere. Nor does it raise any great respect for them with me.

I myself tried to be open minded when I first read thru several of the other site's threads. Yes, perhaps other topics had great discourse, but they would still contain the same members in the more maliciousthreads who have already shown they are unable to handle someone debating with them, so why bother participating?

And it still comes down to the site being a “business”. If I go to a new restaurant, and the staff working at the time are rude, and the food unappetizing, I’m not going to think “hmmm, maybe a different shift is better”. I’m going to eat my meal, leave a tip because I know everyone has a bad day, leave, and never go back. If someone asks me if I ate there, I’m going to tell them it was bad.

I also find it interesting that, while the OP has gone so far as to apologize for starting this thread and perhaps making assumptions, instead of getting support from his fellow members here at LPSG, he is getting a bit flamed. Not only by those who are members of both sites, or those doing the childish bad mouthing and name calling, but by those who should be defending him. And I doubt very much that anyone here will receive an apology from over there. I am curious if there are any posts there from members telling others they are trouble makers because they are posting negative threads about here. Perhaps that is the case? :confused:

When I was at OLPSG the second and last time, there was a member here (X), and no, I don’t mean burns1de, who was getting belittled. One of the dual member's who claims member "X" to be such a great friend here, had not made one comment to defend their supposed “friend”.
Did it ever occur to you that the dual member may never even have seen his great friend belittled on "the other site?" It's not easy to post in threads you haven't read.

But once again, I will point out that your post is mainly venting that you hate "the other site" so much because all they do is bitch about this site. So in reality, what you are doing is bitching, in this site, about the other site. In doing so, you become what you despise.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You can point out the negativity in something without hating it and without it being 'bitching'.

I don't think Wldhoney's observations were quite the same as calling someone 'short, fat and bald'. Or two-faced, as some of the 'dual members' apparently are.

This thread isn't a bitchfest. There are just quite a few people expressing their opinion that they don't very much care for name calling, personal insults and other negativity.

From what I can see, this thread is low-volume bitching (next to zero) compared to the bitching attested to at 'that site'.

But if thinking Wldhoney and others are just as bad or worse as the insulting members of OLPSG makes you feel better, keep thinking that.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
One thing I did not like over there was the thread about the King and Queen of LPSG. Then they bash Burnside and get mad when he defends himself.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
got him after he took the bait IMO.:rolleyes:

He could have easily ignored them and not fallen into their trap.

The sermon from the mount has its uses, doesn't it?:wink:

So they are trying to get more than 150 members be baiting people?

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As I have said over there, there are a number of people who are really going through a grieving process of sorts. Many of those banned did enjoy being a part of LPSG at one time and felt cut off from their friends here. I am not going to go into the banning process. But I think I do finally understand the anger. DO I agree with it? Meh... it is not my style but then I am not them and they definitely are not me. I do think though that all the fighting, name calling, etc. aside both sites have a lot to offer., There really is something for everyone. I feel no need to analyze the caliber of posts, intelligence of fellow members, etc. This is a support group. Many may use it for different purposes but that at a least is part of its name. THe other site is smaller, more like "Cheers" where everyone knows each other's names. No one has to feel like a traitor for visiting either site. I do not like seeing tales being run back and forth between the two places but people are going to each do things according to their own frame of reference. Yes, there has been a lot of anger and in many cases folk have not been practicing what they preach but when it is all said and done we have to try to let go of the anger. It helps no one and hurts many. I can testify to that fact. But letting go of anger and bitterness is always a good thing. Osiris, Rikter8, Prepstud, Dr. Dilznick,DeeBlackthorne, Steve319, Hickboy, DaveR, Uncut,Basketbulge and Matthew thank you so much for all of your support. I love you guys so much for all you have been to me in the last few months. I dont need to elaborate you know what I am talking about.

arliss

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I visited the o-lpsg less than a week ago and did a search of my name (ARLISS) and was astounded by the number of posts....all about me:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

arliss

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
LOL! You make my point! This place is addictive! How is the school work going? You know I expect when you to make your million to have pity on an old lady! LOL! :biggrin1:

the school work is challenging but I am up to the task ...a lot of reading ...and yes this place is addictive...I have managed to stay away for about two weeks....but I am caught up on the reading and passed my last two exams so I felt the need to come back..and say hello...yes sweetheart you are in my will

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You can point out the negativity in something without hating it and without it being 'bitching'.
That's one of the points I have tried to make, repeatedly...
I don't think Wldhoney's observations were quite the same as calling someone 'short, fat and bald'. Or two-faced, as some of the 'dual members' apparently are.
Since I have not seen that thread, I can't comment on that. I think I understood her "dual member" comment though, and I don't think it's quite on base. If I misunderstood, I apologize. If I'm on track, well, then it's a pretty shitty thing for her to say.
This thread isn't a bitchfest. There are just quite a few people expressing their opinion that they don't very much care for name calling, personal insults and other negativity.
Again, I agree with you - but I only really see one big difference between the bitching there and the bitching here. Can you guess what that is?
From what I can see, this thread is low-volume bitching (next to zero) compared to the bitching attested to at 'that site'.

But if thinking Wldhoney and others are just as bad or worse as the insulting members of OLPSG makes you feel better, keep thinking that.
And of course, that's from first-hand observation, right? And being honest, not snide, right?

odd_fish_9

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Whereas Lex and Snoozan have botrh said you'd be a welcome addition, I would have to disagree as I am seen, according to posts related to me from that site, as "The King of LPSG" (a term I despise very much) and an ingratiating ass kisser. Why would I want to join a site where a good deal of the membership see me in this light?
I just took a look for myself.

The thread The new king and queen of LPSG? was posted by a "guest" - not even a registered member - in a section of the forum intended for unregistered trolls to rant in. That section was apparently put there to be a relief valve to keep shit-stirrers from LPSG from registering there solely to mess up the "real" forums.

Characterizing an entire forum by one of its trolls seems a bit extreme, doesn't it?

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
Interesting. When someone else expresses an opinion in a thread, their life is boring. So open-minded, non-insulting, non-belittling and fair. Thank you. For proving my point.
So your life is boring then too for posting such a long winded post proving what?
Damnnit woman I wish you were around more often. You hit several points that are the reason I do not go and don't think I could participate there.

Eddy had every right to post this and does he need to apologize? NO! he is within his right. The main reason I still will not go over is the whole petty people. Whereas Lex and Snoozan have botrh said you'd be a welcome addition, I would have to disagree as I am seen, according to posts related to me from that site, as "The King of LPSG" (a term I despise very much) and an ingratiating ass kisser. Why would I want to join a site where a good deal of the membership see me in this light? That would be like me wanting to join the KKK.

My whole thing is this so-called "war of the forums". It is ludicrous to say the very least. When did it become a crime or arch sin to disagree with someone? When did it become ok to besmirch and slander someone just because they didn't think your dick was big enough? Or your tits round enough? Disagreement is a part of life. How we handle it defines us. I see a lot of people getting on Frizzle's case about his views without bothering to ask "why do you feel that way?" Frizzle has even asked why before and I applaud him for being that open minded. I'm not saying everyone is going to be happier after an explanation, but at least the attempt was there to understand rather than just blindly condemn like alot of the "Janus Posters" who have dual membership.

You know how much respect I have for you and after reading your post, I am reminded how fortunate I am to have you as a friend. Thank you.

Now should I author a pissy post about how your taste in clothes sucks? :biggrin1:
I don't think Eddy has to apologize either, but whats done is done, he has apologized to me for having a little devils advocate game in this thread. Whats done is done... what does it matter?
I'm not sure who's been doing the "freedom of speech" thing (especially since that doesn't really apply here) but I know it's not a reference to me, since my only objection has been hypocrisy.Did you read any threads at all that were not in the "Trouble" sub-forum?" Other than that, I won't comment further on the "hostility" comment.Here's the opening post from "over there" that the OP of this thread felt it necessary to post. You tell me if there's any bad-mouthing or criticism:[/size]

Hello one and all, I just dropped by from LPSG to check it all out--

My thoughts--

Alex8, you know me, but do you?

MZ--you know me too doll.

Kotchanski--we pm-ed numerous times.

BigD--we always gotalong--you backed me up many times.

What I will say in deference is that there is way too much bitching going on here directed at LPSG. What is astonishing is that a lot of it comes from members who still post regularly at LPSG--in your defense at least some of you have the balls to show yourselves bilaterally.

Life at LPSG--(as if many of you didn't already know--).--well, a LOT lot more peaceful, not as much ranting and swearing, most missed--Alex8 and Lex--most missed and not missed at the same time--MZ and Big D--definitely NOT missed--Stronzo.

I for one will pop in here from time to time, LPSG still has a stronger pull, the etc thread (contrary to some posts) is still on point, and LPSG as a whole less trollful. And of course we still have the splendid galleries with tons and tons of glorious large man meat to slobber over (as if all of you don't check back from time to time--non?).

It's nice to see you all behaving yourselves and being nice to one another.

Keep it up.

Lafanwy xx

ps--a word of advice--stop all the bitching, it really doesn't become you and causes quite a few chuckles on LPSG when we all know *tsk-tsk* that you all still 'jump-in' regularly, deguise ou pas.

Au revoir...A bientot!

Did it ever occur to you that the dual member may never even have seen his great friend belittled on "the other site?" It's not easy to post in threads you haven't read.

But once again, I will point out that your post is mainly venting that you hate "the other site" so much because all they do is bitch about this site. So in reality, what you are doing is bitching, in this site, about the other site. In doing so, you become what you despise.

Exactly.. you come here to try and protect whatever... bet she wouldn't have said anything if she and her precious burns1de were not mentioned on the board.
got him after he took the bait IMO.:rolleyes:

He could have easily ignored them and not fallen into their trap.

The sermon from the mount has its uses, doesn't it?:wink:
Hook, line and sinker.