Oath of Office

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
When President-Elect Obama places his right hand on the Bible for the Chief Justice to administer the Oath of Office for President of the United States, will Chief Justice Roberts state Obama's full name?

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

Account Disabled
Media
The main reason not to is that "Hussein" makes people here in the USA instantly freak out a little.

The main reason to do so is that it will instantly help dry up the source for new terrorists around the world. The hard core Al-Qaeda types will still be out there, but when you think about the average dirt-poor young person in the Middle East with no good prospects at all ... it'll be harder for them to hate us to their core if Barack Hussein Obama is President of the United States of America.

So my guess is, yeah! "I, Barack Hussein Obama ... "

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, if we're talking about full names, would he say "Barack Hussein Obama" or "Barack Hussein Obama II," as his full name does include Roman numerals

OldPArtner

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm certain he will...but what would impress me would be the absence of a bible.

Ultimately, the oath is a meaningless token, though.
I still thought it was Constitutionally mandated, much like the now-worthless State of the Union address.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I still thought it was Constitutionally mandated, much like the now-worthless State of the Union address.

Probably is...but if the last President has taught us nothing else, it's that he and his administration may freely disregard the oath to uphold and defend that Constitution whenever it suits his purposes without fear of repercussion or reprisal.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When President-Elect Obama places his right hand on the Bible for the Chief Justice to administer the Oath of Office for President of the United States, will Chief Justice Roberts state Obama's full name?
I think it's the law isn't it? :confused: They always say the full name.

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I am sure that they are legally required to say the full name- I am sure there are other William Clinton's, George Bush's and possibly even Barrack Obama's out there.... so full name will be the best.

Gordon025

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

And why should he not?

Do you know what "Hussein" means? It's a term of affection, like 'Dear.'

Does someone feel that Obama is, or should be, running from, or hiding from his Muslim heritage on one side of his parentage? He's rightly proud of it.

But he is not a Muslim. He is an American Christian, and fiercely proud of it. (Emphasis on 'American.')

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
Let's all give Barry...or Barack...or Barack Hussein.... the benefit of the doubt people! He's our pres now!

It's also time to give the bonehead blockheads like Rush & Sean Hannity & Bill-O & Medved & Laura & Dennis Prager & Fox (faux) News and Focus on the Family & the Weekly Standard & the Heritage Foundation a swift kick in the ass for continuing their divisive BS in "conservative" media.

I'm proud this dude is representing the U.S. It feels fucking CLEANSING after the past 8 years. Hey, this is a president (elect) who thinks that holding enemy combatants "indefinately" (without benefit of a trial) is an assault on human rights. Right fucking ON. Whoever said Barack "who's sane" Obama hit the nail on the head. Sanity rules nows. Barack rules. America can come out of the darkness now.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Befuddling... Pecker amidst 28,000+ posts, starts about 3 posts a year these days. And asks this question. Quite inane, given everything going on...

More please... why bring this up?

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Haven't you all heard? He's going to use a copy of the Koran; but it will be bound with a phony cover that says "Holy Bible" on it.

Cool. Then in an act of freedom of religion and free speech, can we flush it down the toilet on the major networks?

[just asking]