Obama '08 Support Thread!

astrosfan

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I will support Obama for V.P. He needs a little more experience before he gets my vote.Just a question, but why is there so much hate for Hillary? What exactly has she doe wrong? Or is it her husband thats not likes? I remember the 90's being one of the greatest times in economic history. We had a surplus instead of a deficit, we weren't in an endless war, and life was all around alot better.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We haven't had our primary here yet, and my first choice candidate, Kucinich (who I knew had no chance) has already dropped out... so my vote is going to Obama! :smile:

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I will support Obama for V.P. He needs a little more experience before he gets my vote.Just a question, but why is there so much hate for Hillary? What exactly has she doe wrong? Or is it her husband thats not likes? I remember the 90's being one of the greatest times in economic history. We had a surplus instead of a deficit, we weren't in an endless war, and life was all around alot better.

I agree 100% I threw my shorty hill a vote on tuesday (provisional albeit)

jnp

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Bill Clinton made sure his presidency was all nice and clean, and then it fell apart, when considering this from an economic standpoint. I was young, so I don't honestly have an opinion about him, but I know for a fact thousands of jobs in a local city were shipped to China, and THEY say (along with the delegates) that Clinton's economic trade plans that were supposed to be so beneficial forced them to remain profitable by going overseas. I'm not saying this personally, I'm just telling you what was said, and what did happen.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Bill Clinton made sure his presidency was all nice and clean, and then it fell apart, when considering this from an economic standpoint. I was young, so I don't honestly have an opinion about him, but I know for a fact thousands of jobs in a local city were shipped to China, and THEY say (along with the delegates) that Clinton's economic trade plans that were supposed to be so beneficial forced them to remain profitable by going overseas. I'm not saying this personally, I'm just telling you what was said, and what did happen.
The record shows that is has been under Bush that the most jobs have gone over seas like crazy. The Clinton presidency didn't fall apart under him. It was economic decisions made by Bush that caused the prosperity of the 90's under Bill to end. It is Bush that has caused the misery index to riise steadily here in America unless you are rich, Bush is all about making rich people richer.

I too wonder why such hatred for Hillary. Her platform is not really that different from Obama's.

The only thing I can figure out is there is an intense prejudice against the idea of a woman being President of the United States.

This gender hatred is unexcusable in modern day America.

Bill Clinton was about the age Obama is now when he was first elected president. He may be old now, but he wasn't then.

I would ilke a Clinton/Obama ticket. I think it would be unbeatable in November. Which ever one gets the nomination will get my vote in the general election.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I too wonder why such hatred for Hillary. Her platform is not really that different from Obama's.

The only thing I can figure out is there is an intense prejudice against the idea of a woman being President of the United States.

I think this too, and it pisses me off to no end! :mad: Sexism is the one thing that really gets me angry over just about everything else.

And oh yeah... that thing about jobs going overseas for cheaper labor pisses me off too. (I've seen that happen a lot in my field of work - a lot of the jobs are being outsourced to India... and are about to be outsourced to China as well.)

jnp

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I live near Martinsville, the once 'Textile Capital Of The World.' They had a large DuPont, Were headquarters to Bassett, Stanley, hooker, Vaughn, etc furniture companies, and so on and so forth...pretty much every job was a good paying industrial job. They employed tens of thousands in the furniture industry alone. Now, you would be very hard pressed to find a thousand with all combined. The city is so sad, and it makes me sad to drive there.....these are the people that blame Clintons programs, not me. Bush is possibly the worst president in American history, I will totally agree on this, so I'm not trying to hold a rally session for him or anything. He was terrible, enough said.

And if we didn;t vote for Barack, then the people that are calling voters sexists would be calling them racists, so either way, you're going to be considered wrong somehow.

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Now people are saying that Obama will be hard to beat in november because no politican will want to seriously attack the first major african-american candidate for the presidency (if he is the nominee). So like it or not RACE is going to play a major role in this election.

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I I did watch obamas little super tuesday evening speech and it reminded me a little bit of a religious cult rally with all the people behaving the way they were, behind him and what not. Like a south park episode or something.

With that said I like him too and would have no problem with him , but find people's reaction to him a little possessed, zombie like and cognitive miserish for the most part.

I was watching the dreaded fox news for a minute (I do it to just laugh at those fools), and they were in a room with a bunch of undecided/obama supporters, and the reporter was told by sean assclown hannity to ask everyone in the room to name a major accomplishment (or just one good thing) done by obama and not one person gave a real answer. Most just said "cause I like him" or "he speaks well" or "change", shit like that not even answering the question asked. Those are cognitive misers. It was kinda embarrassing that hannity got that off.

This is exactly why some people internationally are mystified with the support for his candidacy. The mass hysteria surrounding Obama is something akin to what happens in third world countries where charismatic "empty suits" rally people to their cause like flies to honey but is almost unheard off in a developed countries espically the United States.

D

deleted213967

So, this is the official LPSG support thread for Barack Obama for president. I vote for the first time ever Monday (Virginia), and I'm voting for Barack Obama, for what he stands for on issues, and the hopeful breath of fresh air he will add to the White House. So, if you like Barack, sound off in this thread somewhere, if not, then I'd rather you make another thread lol. But whatever works, I don't mind!
What specific Obama issue stance are you referring to?

He is a great orator and his voting record at the US Senate is absolutely in line with Democratic principles but I fail to see how he differs from Hillary on issues, aside from technicalities.

Do you remember how Li'l Bush, when he was campaigning, promised to be the president of ALL Americans, and transcend the parties?

Rhetorics are one thing, actions another.

hotbtminla

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Something my dad said about politics several years ago still resonates in my head. A great President is one who has the intellect to surround himself (or herself) with people in their cabinet, etc, who can provide them with the best advice to manage areas they themselves are not that fluent in.

While I've already stated my support of Barack in this and other threads, I am not a Democrat (I'm independent) and I'd like to think I'm reasonable and objective when it comes to who gets my vote. That said, the reason why the "experience" arguments fall flat with me is because I believe Obama is smart enough to pick the right people. He knows where he's "inexperienced." That's why somebody like Biden would be choice for Secretary of State.

I also agree that Hillary and Barack have platforms that are thisclose. They believe in the same ends - which is why I'll support her if she winds up being the nominee - however, they believe in different means to those ends. His tactics and strategy make more sense to me. Hence he's my choice.

With regard to the "cult of personality"... look. There is a LOT to be said for inspiration. I'm in my mid 30s and have never, ever had a politician who I believed in. I've always voted, but have stuck to my hardcore independent mentality. Vote on the issues, on the platform, but do all of it with a bad taste in my mouth. So for me to be really behind someone is something I've never experienced before (especially being such an enthusiastic bottom :wink:), Barack Obama is someone who I believe in. I not only voted for him, I have donated money to him and have actively campaigned for him. And I didn't choose to do those things because I'm a sheep. I did it because I believe what he represents goes beyond political dogma. He is something America needs. Desperately.

B_Marius567

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I will no vote for Obama !!! he wants to pull all the troops out of Iraq his first
day in office :(:(:(

things are not as bad in Iraq as they say on the news!!!

red7.5

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm 100% behind an Obama Presidency.

However, the ability of any President to make changes rides to a large degree on the back of Congress. The bully pulpit can only go so far and executive veto powers generally only stop (or delay) some possible change enacted through new legislation. With the Dems in control of the House maybe change is more likely, though the split Senate can stymie things. I think the "change" message, especially domestically, is bs, but it sells.

On the other hand, as Commander-in-Chief, the President's authority can obviously lead to change. Number 1 reason I'm for Obama and likely the number 1 reason others detest him.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

I hate Hillary. It's definitely NOT a sex thing... she just completely grates my nerves. And she really lost a lot of respect from me when she threw herself a victory party after "winning" Florida. :rolleyes: I just think she's a bitch.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was one of hillary's biggest champions and was excited when she announced for president....But she and bill broke my heart with all of their hijinks leading up to the South Carolina Primary and in the rest of this race, I am "all in" for Obama.......I think with him we at least have a chance of getting away from the partisan bickering that has palgued D.C. and actually get to work at solving this country's problems and healing our reputation with the world.

D

deleted213967

I hate Hillary. It's definitely NOT a sex thing... she just completely grates my nerves. And she really lost a lot of respect from me when she threw herself a victory party after "winning" Florida. :rolleyes: I just think she's a bitch.

Again, this kind of irrational hatred and blind support I widely observe, including on this site, shed light on why a person like George W. Bush could become president of the United States, and twice!

Too many voters simply let their base instinct dictate their decisions and simply do not bother to study the candidates, their credentials, their plans of action, their network, or even the problems at hand for that matter.

I just cast my ballot for Hillary, not so much because I was an unconditional supporter of her (she is not perfect and Obama has plenty of merits as well IMHO) but because I now realize she is not running on a fair playing field.