Obama '08 Support Thread!

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm not a Democrat, Republican or Independent however I can not vote for him. Not because of his race but his name.
I'm sure I'll get lots of boos and jeers but it's the way I feel.

BTW, I don't support Hillary either. Not because of her name , race or sex.

Nor will I vote for Huckabee!

arliss

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Obama Hussein Barack who lived in Indonesia for a number of years will never get my vote...

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Obama Hussein Barack who lived in Indonesia for a number of years will never get my vote...
I can't agree with this statement, but it reflects what many people feel. Unfortunately, there are too many negatives because of Obama's name and that he is black. It is unfortunate that many people will not vote for Hillary because she is a woman.

Most people can't tell you the differences between what Hillary would do and what Obama will do, In reality, there may not be any difference by the time Congress gets through will doctoring up bills proposed by either one of them.

SandraSmithCarver

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Bill Clinton made sure his presidency was all nice and clean, and then it fell apart, when considering this from an economic standpoint. I was young, so I don't honestly have an opinion about him, but I know for a fact thousands of jobs in a local city were shipped to China, and THEY say (along with the delegates) that Clinton's economic trade plans that were supposed to be so beneficial forced them to remain profitable by going overseas. I'm not saying this personally, I'm just telling you what was said, and what did happen.

Bill Clinton was a good president,, but Hillary isn't Bill,, i cant put my finger on it,, womens intuition maybe,, but she just doesnt seem sincere,, she knows how to play the game, shes manipulative, Bill was much more sincere

Originally Posted by Freddie53

I can't agree with this statement, but it reflects what many people feel. Unfortunately, there are too many negatives because of Obama's name and that he is black. It is unfortunate that many people will not vote for Hillary because she is a woman.

My decision has nothing to do with hilary being a woman,, its her!

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight

Most people can't tell you the differences between what Hillary would do and what Obama will do, In reality, there may not be any difference by the time Congress gets through will doctoring up bills proposed by either one of them.

If you look at the breakdown of today's results it seems that he got 80% of the black vote and 25% of the white vote (less in some cases). I don't necessairly know if this is broad-based appeal enough to win a general election.

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Obama and Clinton's proposals are quite similar. They way that Obama is different is that he has gotten young people interested in the political process. The nation needs for its citizens to be engaged in democracy. I think his youth appeal, and seeming lack of irrational haters, makes him more electable. Not only that, he stands a good chance of creating a new generation of democratic voters.

Listening to NPR a few weeks ago, they were discussing the women who so vehemently dislike Clinton. It was suggested that her willingness to go for it aggressively and strategically causes some women to feel uncomfortable and that the story of women such as Jean Carnahan who ran for her husband's seat weeks after he died is much more acceptable. It's like she did it out of duty rather than ambition. Stand by your man!

My question is, why is the kind of ambition men routinely show distatsteful in a woman?

Dave

P.S. I voted for Obama but will happily vote for Clinton if she is the nominee.

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Obama is currently leading with 1,262 delegates. This is before the voting in Washington, Hawaii and Wisconsin in 2 days time.

Go Obama!

mrpond

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
oh dear voting for who shall rule over you in a captialist system......i bet some people cant wait. wake up you live in a one party state (which cleverly has two parties that fundementally believe in the same thing, keep the poor poor and the rich rich.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Barack got my vote on super tuesday, and if he is the democratic nominee he'll get my vote in november as well. however i'll vote for clinton if she gets the nominee.... would've vote for mccain 2 years or so back, but he changed his stance on so many different things, and worst of all became a bush backer....

D

deleted213967

Interestingly, Obama is universally credited for his charisma, yet is has not yet demonstrated his ability or willingness to use his perceived political capital to propose REAL, not merely rhetorical changes:

1. On crime: Still pandering to Heartland America and dodging the debate on gun control, even a no-nonsense ban on semi-automatic weapons which are absolutely not necessary for self-defense but are so necessary for newsworthy college rampages.

Not brave enough to publicly question the relevance and the effectiveness of the death penalty in a nation that calls itself advanced.

Despite his much-touted "youth", still not in favor of lowering the legal drinking age from the puritanical 21, when on the other hand it is OK for a 17-year-old to enlist in the military without parental consent and legally kill.

With the caveat of his valid concern about racial inequities about sentencing, no plan to dent America's leading market share on inmates, most of whom are non-violent drug users who end up costing society far more than they would in rehab.

2. On the economy, no changes at all. Same centuries-old rhetorics about the role of government (yup, more of it); populist propaganda against free trade (hardly a novel concept); slew of government programs (education, energy, ...) with no means to finance them except for the suppression of the Bush tax cuts for the "rich", which he would (as Clinton) spend 10 times over.

Pulling out of Iraq will not bring in new revenues, either.

3. On foreign policy, I am still unclear as to why some unconditional Obama fans tout him as an instrument of reconciliation with Islam...His deceased dad converted from Islam to atheism, a crime punishable by death in the Koran. His anti-war refrain may entice Russia, China not to mention N. Korea, Iran, ... to become even bolder than they are now.

The Iraq meddling was a mistake for which I hope history will not forgive W but I am not sure we can just let the Iraqi kill each other and stay on the sideline either.

4. On reaching over the aisle and healing the rift between Republicans and Democrats...how sweet...but the guy, while less to the left than Edwards, is clearly Democratic all the way...How will he compromise with the GOP on Iraq? Abortion? School Choice? Taxes?

He has been all sweet talk and no walk.

I agree that he will be ready, in 2016.