Obama 50% George W Bush 44%

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_24065, Dec 10, 2009.

1. B_24065

B_24065 New Member

2. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Polls can affect president's hold on party - USATODAY.com

The lowest after the first year? Harry Truman. Not Barack Obama. Nice try. :rolleyes:
    Other people lower than Obama after the first year? Reagan. Go fig.

Even so, presidents like Bush One had a much higher approval rating after the first year but still didn't win re-election. So, is there any relation between 1st year approval ratings and a president's odds at being re-elected? The answer is no.

#2 B_VinylBoy, Dec 10, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  3. B_24065

B_24065 New Member

FOXNews.com - Obama's 47 Percent Approval Lowest of Any President at This Point

Before you spew your liberal FOXnews bullshit, the article is quoting a Gallup poll. I also love how you skipped right over the main point of the post.

-- George W. Bush, 86 percent
    -- Bill Clinton, 52 percent
    -- George H.W. Bush, 71 percent
    -- Ronald Reagan, 49 percent
    -- Jimmy Carter, 57 percent
    -- Gerald Ford, 52 percent
    -- Richard Nixon, 59 percent
    -- Lyndon Johnson, 74 percent
    -- John Kennedy, 77 percent
    -- Dwight Eisenhower, 69 percent
    -- Harry Truman, 49 percent

4. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    And I'm sure that FOX will report that the 47% was a one day blip and Obama is back to 50% as of yesterday.

5. Sergeant_Torpedo

Gold Member

Opinion polls are not democratic, neither do they reflect anything other than the machinations of the pollsters and those who finance them.

6. HUNGHUGE11X7

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
    Verified:
    Photo

hahaha 86% ? that's a riot and pure fantasy ! Half of this country despised him for clearly stealing the election and then the supreme court GAVE him the office . He didn't even WIN !!!
    Personally I have despised him since when he was asked on DEC 20th 2001 how the year has been, just 3 MONTHS after the greatest tragedy in the history of our country he replied "IT'S BEEN FABULOUS"
    The audaciousness and complete disregard for out citizens pain made me want to spit nails !

The reason for the low approval rating has everything to do with the time we live in and not the president himself, which I am sure you would know if you went more in-depth as to the reason for the low numbers .
    It really amazes me that people are stupid to see that our situation is NOT the responsibility of OBAMA and his administration . The whole of this mess belongs firmly on the shoulders of the past 8 yrs and their FAILED administration .
    The poll numbers will be higher come springtime !

HH

#6 HUNGHUGE11X7, Dec 10, 2009
  7. Northland

Gold Member

Anyway, polls change hourly and are worth very little. They glean information from a scant few who they happen to both find available and willing to answer. Add in the ones who give responses opposite of what they believe...

Get back to me in the summer of 2012, following the conventions and nominations and then in November of that year, after the election. Hopefully, Obama will take the same attitude as Bush (the second) who didn't cater to what the polls said.

8. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Yeah, your main part of your short, one lined post was to suggest that Obama has the lowest 1st year approval rating in polling history. In order to do that, you'd have to fail elementary math, which apparently you did. Or do you think 49 is greater than 50? Remember, that was your number for Obama in your thread topic. Or are you flip-flopping in your own statement now that you've researched ONE SOURCE that provides a number to better suit your distorted argument? Knowing full well that one would have to survey MANY sources and average them out to come with a more accurate number? :rolleyes:

In fact, all you did was further prove my point and demonstrate that you're not smarter than a 5th Grader. Thanks for making my job easier.

To be fair, George W. Bush's approval rating after the first year was staggering high. Not sure if it was at 86% but it was close to it. That's because it was soon after 9/11 and most people (including Democrats) wanted to have some faith in our president and government during that troubled time. It certainly wasn't due to his charisma.

#8 B_VinylBoy, Dec 10, 2009
  9. nicenycdick

Gold Member

Albums:
    I would think that a president's approval rating one year after he's left office is more significant, from a historical perspective, than his rating at the end of his first year...

10. HUNGHUGE11X7

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
    Verified:
    Photo

Ahh that would make sense even though I find it hard to believe so many Americans lost their minds, it is nice to see that there was an attempt at solidarity , it damn sure had nothing to do with his competency !!!

HH

11. B_24065

B_24065 New Member

WTF are you talking about you babbling fucking retard? The Gallup poll had Obama at 47% the day they posted the other presidents lowest approval rating mark of their first years. Where the fuck are you getting 50%? Do you even read the articles that are posted or do you just start spewing stupid shit immediatley. Wow you are so fucking lame.

These are two different polls i posted. God, why do i even have to spell this out. One shows that 44% of those polled would rather have GWB as president now versus 50% who would rather have Obama. The second and secondary part of the post points out that according to a Gallup poll, Obama has the lowest first year approval mark of 47% of any president in polling history.

How bout reading the posts and articles first before you start talking out of your ass and insulting me because you have reading and comprehension issues.

Also, its a fact GWB approval rating was high because of 9/11. no one is making an issue of that so what the fuck is your point.

#11 B_24065, Dec 10, 2009
  12. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Your thread topic says, and I quote: Obama 50% George W Bush 44%

Do you even fuckin' read the words you type in your own threads?

Stay classy, shit for brains. :rolleyes:

Well, you can't add. Maybe spelling is your better suit? Then again, you did misspell immediately as well, so... :rolleyes:

Yet you typed "Obama 50%" when making this thread.
    That grinding sound you hear in the background is your high school principal putting your diploma through a shredder.

Here's some better advice...
    Don't talk out of your cantankerous hole about someone's reading skills when you can't even read the subject title to your OWN THREAD.

That comment wasn't directed at you, shit for brains. Or did you not notice the name that was quoted when I made that response? Sadly, not everything I type is targeted to you. But here's a hint... if the statement that follows is worded in a respectable way that doesn't make fun of your apparent mathematical and spelling flaws, it probably wasn't meant for your eyes to begin with.

13. houtx48

Gold Member

like 49 is less than 50, 10 months do not make a year. Dumya could not count to 86 so it does not matter.

14. B_24065

B_24065 New Member

Last time.

Poll #1. Obama 50% GWB 47% reference here... Bush closes the gap - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

Poll#2 Obama has lowest first year Approval rating of all presidents in polling history, reference here.... FOXNews.com - Obama's 47 Percent Approval Lowest of Any President at This Point

Cant spell it out for you any clearer than that dumbass. It is my fault. If I do not absolutely spell it out the first time like i am talking to a 3 year old retarded kid, then i should have known it would be twisted. Care to respond to these polls?

#14 B_24065, Dec 10, 2009
  15. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Yes, this will be the last time, dickhead.
    First off, you're not here to spark any real discussion. You're here to point fingers and chastise them "liberals". Sad thing is, I'm surprised that it took THIS long for someone as vile as you to return to penisland. You're nothing more than an insanely bigoted, rhetoric dispensing son of a bitch who puts too much emphasis into poll numbers. Secondly, you tried to jump down my throat for a comment I made to SOMEONE ELSE. So not only are you an insanely bigoted, rhetoric dispensing son of a bitch, you're also a paranoidal, unpalatable, thickheaded, anonymous punk who can't even fuckin' read.

But I digress, of course...
    As much as I can sit here and type 10,000 words to describe just much of a bigoted harridan you are, I should elaborate on one of the other points that you didn't catch in your illiberal need to talk a lot of shit:

You found one poll at 50% and then another at 47%. If you weren't such a moron, common sense would tell you to average them out. In elementary school, you're taught to do that when you receive multiple sources of related numerical information. That is, if you were actually here to engage in any REAL debate but you're not. And we all know you're about as honest as your profile photo. Don't think too hard on that one, OK bitch? That way when you dream up of more 4-letter descriptive adjectives to describe me your mind will be completely clear. :rolleyes:

As I stated before in a previous post (but you wouldn't know because you can't read), you need the input of many sources in order to come up with a more accurate finding. Notice how I didn't even try to trash Fox News as you thought I would. That's because I'm sure if we used the numerical data from many different sources and averaged them, the number wouldn't be as low as you claim.

So, let's do that... because I'm really in the mood to virtually spit in your face again. :rolleyes:

First, your two sources:
    POLITICO: 50%
    Fox News: 47%

Just averaging the two you listed, the number goes up from 47% to 48.5%. That is a more accurate number. Of course, in your brilliance (powered by your own blinded ignorance), you discarded the higher number and ran to the lower one in your rabid need to be right about your paranoidal fears concerning Obama. Mathematics fails you. Claude Shannon would tell you to go fuck yourself.

And what if we added numbers from two more polls?
    CBS/New York Times: 50%
    Real Clear Politics: 48.6%

Now, we have 4 sources which means MORE accuracy! Average them and we're now up to 48.9%. Shall we continue? I'm sure if I sourced more news sources, got their poll numbers and averaged out all the findings it would make you look more like a total ass.

Don't come to a sword fight with a vienna sausage, shit for brains. You're nowhere capable of having an honest debate on ANY issue with me so please stop trying. Now please... do yourself a favor. Roll into the fetus position and die.

16. JacobFox

JacobFox Member

Albums:
    Keep posting, please. Your stupidity makes everyone look much smarter.

17. dreamer20

Gold Member

Yes Obama's rating is currently 50%. Thanks for keeping us informed.:biggrin1:

18. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'd be interested to see the breakdown in demographics for the sample. WHY do some of these folks disapprove? I'd be willing to bet that the liberal wing of the Democratic Party has soured on him- and include me in that group too.

19. B_24065

B_24065 New Member

Once again you illiterate worthless stain, you would have saved yourself alot time and embarrassment because i am once again amazed at your stupidity,really. if only you would have read the articles and the polls. But i am learning very quicky that that is way to much to ask of you. The two polls are not the same poll and ask two totally different question. Are you with me so far? if not, just reread what i just wrote until you get it, then move on. The first one asks, "who would you rather have as president, Obama or GWB?" Of those polled by politico, Obama got 50% and GWB 44% (which i find astounding and unbelievably embarrassing for Obama). The second poll by gallop is in regards to Obama's overall job performance approval rating- 47%, the lowest marker of any US president's first year since polling began. The two polls are asking different, unrelated question therefore there is no average to be made dumbass. Should we average Obama's approval rating with Peyton Manning's completion percentage? the two have about as much in common.

Next time, before you reply to a post, just save yourself the time and embarrassment of showing how cognitively impaired you are, and read it first. I mean serioulsy, you talk all this shit and you dont even have your facts straight before you go off on a meaningless diatribe. so sad.:frown1:

20. D_Stanford Dedwillie III

At least 50% of the country is catching on to this guy

Draft saved Draft deleted