Obama Administration Fires ATF Whistleblower

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Pitbull, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Pitbull

Gold Member

2. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Hmmmmm... something to properly investigate. I'm sure with more details, we'll find out exactly why he was fired. Right now, the only sites that are coming up on Google are conservative blogs and Fox so I'm not expecting the complete story with just these preliminary searches.

#2 B_VinylBoy, Jun 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  3. Sklar

Gold Member

Albums:
    Name three whistleblowers that haven't been fired. This isn't shocking.

Just sad.

Sklar

4. MercyfulFate

MercyfulFate New Member

Albums:
    Well duh, the government can't remain tyrannical with tattle tales in their midst! I hate the US government, ugh.

5. sargon20

Gold Member

Every 'story' on this links back to Fox Faux Fixed News and similar sources so it's authenticity is questionable.

6. MercyfulFate

MercyfulFate New Member

Albums:
    Doesn't automatically make it not true, NBC, CBS, etc. all distort the news too. But I understand your skepticism.

The ATF debacle is just proof to me of the US Government's complicity in violence in Mexico, added to their support of dictators and so on.

7. Pitbull

Gold Member

And what do you question?
    He blew the whistle.
    He was fired.

8. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

In the interview, the only thing Vince Cefalu stated was that he was proud of what he done and that the only reason why he was being let go was due to lack of candor. He didn't mention that it had something to do with leaked documents surrounding an ATF operation he lead in 2005, which happens to be the year that Operation Gunrunner was first implemented. Coincidence? Who knows... but even a whistleblower knows there's a precise protocol to informing people about problems that concern them in government. If he would have went to proper authorities and informed them first, then he may still have a job right now. But he decided to leak classified info onto the internet for everyone to see. Regardless if it exposed a scandal, it's still against protocol. From my standpoint, that's why he got let go, but still getting paid.

I've been looking into this story, and BOY does it stink! Every article generates another name... some small players and other well known political players of our very recent past that seem intertwined to all of this on some level. And as usual, the Fox article and the interview omitted a lot of information, including dates and names of people in power during the entire Operation Gunrunner/Fast & Furious fiasco, to make this vague sounding story that blames Holder & Obama for everything. It's just more of that good ol' lazy journalism working its magic to get the cynics and the disgruntled barking all over again, because as we all know hate is so in this political season.

9. midlifebear

Gold Member

Yes, this season (as in so many previous) those who choose dog-related avatar names will wear dog collars of taffeta bejeweled with pearls of hate and a little white menace lacing.

10. Pitbull

Gold Member

Well it is just a wonderful program according to the ATF
    ATF Online - Firearms - Programs - Project Gunrunner

Will they tell us everything?
    Of course not.

If the firing is retribution would they admit that?
    Of course not.

Does Fox spin the news?
    Of course.

Do other news organizations?
    Of course.

But I don't think at this point there is any dispute that ATF had a program that allowed the purchase of weapons that the gun shops would not have sold except for the request of the ATF.
    That the assumption of the ATF was that many of those weapons would wind up in the hands of Mexican drug cartels.
    That two of those weapons were found after a shootout during which an ATF agent died.

The ATF, understandably has not been very forthcoming about this matter and has not cooperated with Rep. Issa in his congressional investigation of the matter.

11. Pitbull

Gold Member

Nothing worthwhile to say as usual, Ursine.

12. MercyfulFate

MercyfulFate New Member

Albums:
    Just combine the ATF handing guns to Mexican gangs, the US training Los Zetas and the CIA assisting (and allegedly directly) transporting drugs into the US, and it tells you all you need to know.

13. midlifebear

Gold Member

I really don't disagree. After all, the Reagan Administration made a patriotic radio host heroe out of a military stooge trading ammo for cocaine for money for more cocaine for more guns.

14. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Pitbull - It's obvious that the ATF has a lot of explaining to do. Unfortunately, there are tons of people that need to be questioned and Issa only seems to be interested in pointing fingers at Holder and Obama. From the usual NRA lobbying, to Senators doing political favors for friends who own gun shops in their state, to certain people who were Attorney Generals when Operation Gunrunner and its knock-offs were actually implemented, to what seems to be a calculated move to keep the head position of the ATF unfilled for more than a year... this story goes very deep. If Issa is serious in finding out the truth, he needs to stop playing the usual snore fest of "I Hate Obama Politics" and focus his attentions on all people who were involved with the ATF from 2005 through 2010. That's all I have to say for now.

Seriously, I haven't been this intrigued about a political story since the Van Jones fiasco. The research continues! :wink:

15. Pitbull

Gold Member

16. MercyfulFate

MercyfulFate New Member

Albums:
    The ATF should have been abolished after Waco, this just makes it more obvious they should go altogether. Then get rid of the Department of Vaterland Security.

17. Sklar

Gold Member

Albums:
    Correct me if I am wrong here, but didn't this particular program start with the previous administration?

Sklar

18. sargon20

Gold Member

Exactly. The story seems very light on facts and very heavy on lets get the Obama Administration.

Duhhh right next to the article is a Gingrich quote:
    Obama is the most serious radical threat to traditional America ever to occupy the White House.
    Further the writer of this article, Maxim Lott, is a well known Faux News propagandist not journalist.

http://mediamatters.org/search/tag/maxim_lott

19. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Correct. :wink:

20. B_jeepguy2

B_jeepguy2 New Member

Wir müssen das Vaterland gegen Feinde des Reiches zu sichern! :wink:

Draft saved Draft deleted