OBAMA - All Talk????

stevejames

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
From the outside the whole Obama campaign seems alot of hot air.... there seems to be a real lack of decent candidates for the presidency.

What do the yanks think??

D

deleted15807

Was Margaret Thatcher more than air when she rose to the top?

D

deleted15807

You're not really looking for answers are you? You really aren't looking for balanced research are you? You want affirmation on your already established opinion.

stevejames

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You're not really looking for answers are you? You really aren't looking for balanced research are you? You want affirmation on your already established opinion.

Jeez, just looking for a fucking opinion.

He seems to only be into negative campaigning too. Certainly benefits from positive discrimination.

Qua

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Reagan, toast of US conservatives (those who could turn a blind eye to his defense spending), was considered such as well.

I think Obama is, but I think usually that's just because it's impossible to have much substance to stand on coming from a (relatively) young political career.

I just get the unsettling feeling that Obama is intentionally vague because his true positions and goals would not be accepted by swing voters.

The fact is...any opponent of your beliefs is full of hot air in this 90 second soundbyte media world. And those you think are in line with them often seem so as well.

Can we have a real debate show on TV again please? Where you sustain an argument for longer than a minute and a half? Can we have true presidential debates? Lincoln-Douglas style? Hell, even Firing Line style.

I think America is too ADD to actually care.

Last edited:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Sargon - you hit the nail on the head there. The title of the thread tells us Obama is a poor candidate (yes, yes - I see the question marks, it's called a 'leading question') and then the OP goes on to reaffirm that. The request for opinions is pointless - like I said, if he wanted to know what people thought he go read the other threads.

Ho-hum-tiddly-um...

Fleshpile? :rolleyes: :biggrin:

stevejames

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Reagan, toast of US conservatives (those who could turn a blind eye to his defense spending), was considered such as well.

I think Obama is, but I think usually that's just because it's impossible to have much substance to stand on coming from a (relatively) young political career.

I just get the unsettling feeling that Obama is intentionally vague because his true positions and goals would not be accepted by swing voters.

The fact is...any opponent of your beliefs is full of hot air in this 60 second soundbyte media world.

Hoorah, someone with an interesting opinion.

stevejames

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sargon - you hit the nail on the head there. The title of the thread tells us Obama is a poor candidate (yes, yes - I see the question marks, it's called a 'leading question') and then the OP goes on to reaffirm that. The request for opinions is pointless - like I said, if he wanted to know what people thought he go read the other threads.

Ho-hum-tiddly-um...

Fleshpile? :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Utter rubbish, but thanks for the false assumptions.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
frankly, neither of them are particularly appealing candidates...

but Obama scares the living shit out of me, especially with an all democratic congress. He is charismatic and polished but an empty suit.

the second one party gains total control, they fuck everything up.

We definitely have not seen his true positions....he cannot afford to alienate independents and undecideds...and his diehards know very well he is just posturing about being more moderate.

As for McCain, I wish he was someone else.

As i have always maintained, i am not voting for either of these men

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
On the contrary he has discussed some issues in great detail. Social Security for instance. He wants to phase in the Medicare tax on incomes above $250000. That won't work but he did state a solid position.

He opposes gay marriage.

He supports stem cell research.

He would repeal the bush tax cuts and will not repeal the inheritance tax.

He is pro choice.

He is absolutely a tax and spend liberal.

He is against school choice and is a favorite of the National Education Assoc. (the teachers union)

He is anti gun.

Here is his voting record:

Project Vote Smart - Senator Barack Hussein Obama Jr. - Interest Group Ratings

Anyone who says he is all talk is not paying attention. This is one of the clearest campaigns you can find. He is big government, higher taxes, pro organized labor and anti business.

He is by any measure the most liberal candidate for President ever nominated.

\

BTW here is McCains interest group voting record http://www.votesmart.org/issue_rating_category.php?can_id=53270

If you can't see a difference here, you can't read.

Last edited:

stevejames

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
He is by any measure the most liberal candidate for President ever nominated.[/quote]

Is that a good thing in your view?

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
He is by any measure the most liberal candidate for President ever nominated.

Is that a good thing in your view?[/quote]

hell no

To me, Clinton was just fine in terms of leftward slant. A moderate democrat is okay with me...and Clinton was pretty moderate. but the only thing as bad as far right wing conservative is a far left wing liberal.

they both suck

stevejames

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
To me, Clinton was just fine in terms of leftward slant. A moderate democrat is okay with me...and Clinton was pretty moderate. but the only thing as bad as far right wing conservative is a far left wing liberal.

they both suck[/quote]

I think the worldwide view of Clinton was very positive, despite the odd scandal. I was certainly a fan, pity that the presidency cant run for more than 2 terms. That seems a little odd to me.