Obama and the Collapse of the Liberal Welfare State

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
An article in the August 17/24 issue of "The Nation" highlights an intriguing possibility -- the Third World Presidency of Barack Hussein Obama may be presiding over the nationwide collapse of the liberal welfare State model.

The article correctly points out that States are struggling with shortfalls in revenue, and with no other options, are cutting back:

Forty-eight of the nation's states have struggled this year to balance budgets in the face of staggering revenue shortfalls.

According to the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, at least twenty-one states have implemented cuts that will make it harder for low-income families and children to get healthcare; at least twenty-two are cutting programs for the elderly and the disabled; at least twenty-four are cutting K-12 and early childhood education; and at least thirty-two are cutting higher education. At least forty-one states and the District of Columbia are laying off or furloughing public employees.

And things are going to get worse, fast. Anticipated revenue shortfalls for the coming years are as severe and potentially worse than what the states have already had to deal with.

Dire States

An obvious liberal, Nichols recommends more transfers from the federal government, but is it politically tenable?

Will Americans have to act like Americans (instead of like Euros on the welfare teat) and re-learn self-reliance, and helping the neighbor in need?

Will Americans realize that Obama, and his trilateral, globalist policies have been leading them down the primrose path?

Are we seeing James Earl Carter II?

Stay tuned -- things are getting interesting ...

mynameisnobody

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
An article in the August 17/24 issue of "The Nation" highlights an intriguing possibility --
"Intriguing" isn't the description I'd use. May something more like "bloody obvious."

What is intriguing is that a "progressive" rag like The Nation would admit the possibility that all is not progressing as per the Master Plan.

The heart of progressivism is the belief that central (ie, government) planning can overcome all odds. Failure is never considered; control is, in and of itself, good.

D

deleted15807

An article in the August 17/24 issue of "The Nation" highlights an intriguing possibility -- the Third World Presidency Hussein(fixed this for you)zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

You should look to the architect of the United States precarious condition. The conservative hero.....

“This bill is the most important legislation for financial institutions in the last 50 years. It provides a long-term solution for troubled thrift institutions. ... All in all, I think we hit the jackpot.” So declared Ronald Reagan in 1982, as he signed the Garn-St. Germain Depository Institutions Act.

He was, as it happened, wrong about solving the problems of the thrifts. On the contrary, the bill turned the modest-sized troubles of savings-and-loan institutions into an utter catastrophe. But he was right about the legislation’s significance. And as for that jackpot — well, it finally came more than 25 years later, in the form of the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression.

Reagan Did It

So now that the chickens have all come home to roost you blame the current president. Right. BTW I fixed his name for ya 'President Hussein' is how you really want to refer to him right?

The heart of progressivism is the belief that central (ie, government) planning can overcome all odds.

Really? Where can I confirm that?

Last edited by a moderator:

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
You disappoint me, Nick. Firstly, I didn't know that you were this conservative. Secondly, you didn't use nearly enough negative adjectives.

How about: Obama and the Collapse of the Liberal, Loser, Non-Republican, Democrat, Tree-Hugging, Anti-White, Anti-Rich, Communist Welfare State

D

deleted15807

You disappoint me, Nick. Firstly, I didn't know that you were this conservative. Secondly, you didn't use nearly enough negative adjectives.

How about: Obama and the Collapse of the Liberal, Loser, Non-Republican, Democrat, Tree-Hugging, Anti-White, Anti-Rich, Communist Welfare State

Have you noticed his nick's new letterhead
'the Third World Presidency of Barack Hussein Obama'? If it's one thing conservatives know how to do is sell a lie.
And we know he has weapons of mass destruction, and thus far he denies it.

We know where the WMDs are.....

I think it's on the neo-con job application. Can you lie consistently and with a straight face?

AllHazzardi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wonder though; should we quickly act on the notion that this collapse of welfare state is because of the liberal mentality before it can do harm? Or maybe we should investigate a bit first and see what comes up; I mean, if the private sector didn't cringe so harshly every time their profits and the funds for the executives salaries and bonuses went down, or if banks and investments didn't pay out relatively poor amounts of dividends as a result of those super-inflated salaries and bonuses, maybe we wouldn't have nearly as many people in need of the public system as is required to cause it to collapse in the first place.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Interestingly enough, the Euro welfare states of Germany and France have posted second quarter economic growth. Bloomberg TV said that the recession is over in those states, and that we can expect to see modest growth in other western European countries in the coming months. UK is an exception, where they say the recession is deeper.

Welfare reform in the states is long over due. In the early 90's in Canada, it became apparent that we could not afford to continue spending on programs and running deficits forever. I think it did a great deal of good economically to balance the federal budget by raising taxes and cutting spending. Canada has consistently had one of the most stable economies in the G7 for many years.

Given the political climate and polarization of opinion in the USA, I don't think a good outcome to the current mess is possible. More and more I fear a cultural/economic meltdown will occur. I never use to think that, I've always thought that America was too rich and too strong economically, culturally and politically. But lately, I'm thinking that the polarization, entrenched positions, and stubbornness of the left and right, may prevent rational solutions from being implemented. Everybody wants to play but no one wants to pay.

The OP is an example of what I mean. It seems to be hoping for a failure.

Last edited:

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media

Have you noticed his nick's new letterhead
'the Third World Presidency of Barack Hussein Obama'? If it's one thing conservatives know how to do is sell a lie.
And we know he has weapons of mass destruction, and thus far he denies it.

We know where the WMDs are.....

I think it's on the neo-con job application. Can you lie consistently and with a straight face?

Nick just needs a hug.

I think that Hillary put it well enough:

[T]here’s 100 economic studies which show that you get a better return in terms of economic growth on extending unemployment benefits or investing money in energy conservation jobs to improve buildings than you do giving people in my income group a tax cut. But it doesn’t stop them. Those guys are on automatic. You punch a button and they give the answer they give you.

(Source with video)

D

deleted15807

Nick just needs a hug.

I think that Hillary put it well enough:

(Source with video)

Could not have said it better................

“I find it amazing that the Republicans who doubled the debt of the country in eight years and produced no new jobs doing it, gave us an economic record that was totally bereft of any productive result are now criticizing him for spending money,” Clinton added.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media

“I find it amazing that the Republicans who doubled the debt of the country in eight years and produced no new jobs doing it, gave us an economic record that was totally bereft of any productive result are now criticizing him for spending money,” Clinton added.

But I thought that the liberals are the spenders. :thinking:

B_24065

1st Like
Media

Doubling the debt in 8 years (Bush) vs. doubling it again in 8 months (Obama). Hmmmm...not sure thats the direction you want your argument to go. Keep trying.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/02/26/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry4831719.shtml

But then again, the above analysis will be discredited by the LPSG viewers because it came from the flaming right-wing news outlet, CBSNEWS!!!!!

Last edited:

Cowabanga

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
After G W Bush was in office we knew the momentum of a collaspe was well on its way, before Obama would take office. The only thing we see now is stopping at its track stabilizing whatever we are at now. Hasn't even been a year yet, I say chill!

D

deleted15807

Doubling the debt in 8 years (Bush) vs. doubling it again in 8 months (Obama).

You guys amaze me and how you conveniently omit huge pieces of the puzzle. There isn't a government in the world given the current economic collapse caused 100% on CONSERVATIVE ideology would think now is the time to be tighten the belt and worsen the collapse which started under Bush. Opps we never mention the Bush years or that it's going to take a generation to undo the damage.

Bush's Reign of Error: A Timeline

So yes I will go there.

After G W Bush was in office we knew the momentum of a collaspe was well on its way, before Obama would take office. The only thing we see now is stopping at its track stabilizing whatever we are at now. Hasn't even been a year yet, I say chill!

See above. We never discuss Bush. All evil began Jan 20 2009

Last edited by a moderator:
D

deleted15807

We do know who and what caused it and now that the CSI team is here they're trying to rub their fingerprints off the evidence. They're still in denial that is conservatism that has collapsed.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
We do know who and what caused it and now that the CSI team is here they're trying to rub their fingerprints off the evidence. They're still in denial that is conservatism that has collapsed.

Polarizing, discriminative people like the OP will never look at this from the individualistic angle. Too busy trying to demonize a political party for the collapse of the economy, when it's obvious that it was the failed ideologies and lack of governing from key political & financial players and that crosses both parties. He can copy/paste/quote any story or article he wants to support his claims. Doesn't matter if they're equally as bigoted as he is.

Trickle down economics has never worked and it never will. It's a failed concept where those with the bones dangle them over the heads of the needy in some sadistic game of economic struggle. Ideologies like this has lead to the current state of financial ruin that we're in now. Why else do we have financial industries, such as the Insurance Companies, entrenched so deeply in our government and are negatively affecting the Health Care debate? Why else do we have banks that are "too big to fail"? Anyone who thinks these happened because of "liberals" and their political correctness are just downright ignorant.

This is social class warfare down to its core. The rich vs. the poor. It's time we stop bullshitting and get to the real source of the problem.

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
short term memory..........how big of fuckups the repbs really are. I want the same government run health care program that congress gets.