Obama and the Collapse of the Liberal Welfare State

Bodaddio

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Polarizing, discriminative people like the OP will never look at this from the individualistic angle. Too busy trying to demonize a political party for the collapse of the economy, when it's obvious that it was the failed ideologies and lack of governing from key political & financial players and that crosses both parties. He can copy/paste/quote any story or article he wants to support his claims. Doesn't matter if they're equally as bigoted as he is.

Almost great post Vinyl, but why stop at the OP? It seems to run the gamut on both sides.
Yes we all know all the evils and things wrong with this country were only caused by conservatives. We all know that the economic collapse was caused by conservatives. Our Democrat leaders are as pure as the driven snow.

Cheers

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Almost great post Vinyl, but why stop at the OP? It seems to run the gamut on both sides.
Yes we all know all the evils and things wrong with this country were only caused by conservatives. We all know that the economic collapse was caused by conservatives. Our Democrat leaders are as pure as the driven snow.

Cheers

But notice that I didn't even mention "Democrat" or "Republican" in my post?
I know there were errors on both sides. Grant it, if we want to make it just about Politics we can look at it from one angle or the other and find one side to be more at fault than the other. And usually, this what happens most of the time.

Everyone can tell that I usually side with the "liberal" mindset on this board. That doesn't mean that I can't acknowledge that Democrats are not without fault. At the same time, I'm not going to even humor or listen to someone like the OP who enters into a debate thinking that all we have to do is live or think like him in order to make our nation a "better place". Perhaps this is just me trying to become more "in the center" on this issue... who knows and who cares?

All I know is that I'm not falling, nor am I going to even debate any of this extremely slanted bullshit being presented. Even if it's spun to be some kind of politically influencing fact, it doesn't add up to the truth.

D

deleted15807

This is social class warfare down to its core. The rich vs. the poor.

Ohh there's a class warfare going on alright. Since Reagan it's been from the top down. Period.

The middle class and working poor are told that what’s happening to them is the consequence of Adam Smith’s “Invisible Hand.” This is a lie. What’s happening to them is the direct consequence of corporate activism, intellectual propaganda, the rise of a religious orthodoxy that in its hunger for government subsidies has made an idol of power, and a string of political decisions favoring the powerful and the privileged who bought the political system right out from under us.

To create the intellectual framework for this takeover of public policy they funded conservative think tanks — The Heritage Foundation, the Hoover Institution, and the American Enterprise Institute — that churned out study after study advocating their agenda.

Class Warfare in America by Bill Moyers, Part 6 Dispatch from the Trenches

And the sad fact is both democrats and especially republicans have been 'for sale' for years. Not only has the political system been bought but so has the press which the Founding Fathers thought would be the great equalizer but they've been sold to the highest bidder. Money has ruined democracy.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Ok Vinyl, does Hoax's dumbass post reveal the overall ignorance of the pro-Obamacare movement?

The fact that you're calling it "Obamacare" already shows just how ignorantly biased you are. And please, you already failed Grade School English on the other thread. Read a book instead of a conservative pundit blog, moron. :rolleyes:

B_24065

1st Like
Media
The fact that you're calling it "Obamacare" already shows just how ignorantly biased you are. And please, you already failed Grade School English on the other thread. Read a book instead of a conservative pundit blog, moron. :rolleyes:

You know what you need Vinyl???? Some good pussy.

cruztbone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The tree huggers make sure you have oxygen to breathe, moron. the liberals are rescuing us from the depression of the carcinogenic, no- controls- ever capitalists,
and the only hope for America is to follow Obama down his path to recovery as the GOP and the conservatives have no plan, no leadership, no courage and no hope.

AllHazzardi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm sure I'll be put on the cross for this, but I think a true free market system actually does work, completely unregulated in the traditional sense.

In a *true* free market, there are no regulations either way in regards to companies; no weight is given to their requests when the law is concerned. If a product in a free market system is in demand, and a company stands to lose profit from its availability, there should be no law or unbalanced tariffs placed upon that commodity's trade.

You might be thinking "WHOAH, free market with NO regulations? We'd be dead in a week!", but please bear with me. In a true free market system, corporations are essentially thinly veiled; If a product is released that is harmful, and (in treating corporations as a non-affiliated entity) information is requested, and it is denied, or does not bear tests, people will not buy their products. This means that any sneaky skullduggery they don't want the world knowing about is still found out through the denial of the request; if they don't want to fess up, that's on the record and people know to avoid the product(and possibly the company entirely).

Regulation of activity comes from, ironically, the supply and demand system. We're used to this regulating prices on its own- it's a passive package deal, but what about regulating corporate activity?

If the people want something, we can consider this a negative supply. The product exists conceptually at this point; something which does some particular action. Laws of supply and demand dictate that if a company were to provide that product in a situation of high negative supply, that company could stand to make a lot of profit up front, without scalping of prices being necessary to recover initial costs. So the regulation(through interaction) and direction(through needed supply) of the market is the people themselves. Advertising and other commercial activity is important up to a certain point, that point is located on the fine line somewhere between "Reaching every person interested in the product" and "Trying to sell a product to people who aren't interested in it".

Also, a true free market is not without regulation per se; companies can stand to make a business out of testing products and their contents for health hazards and other such issues, or an entity can do this on behalf of the people(government agency, not-for-profit organization, volunteer organization, college, or other such less vulnerable to bribery), denial of requests to test products and facilities are pinned up just the same as a denial of an information request; known to the people, aka the customers.

The most basic rule of business is that if something is in need, make it available and you will have good business. There are a LOT of things in need today, such as better agriculture systems immune to droughts, better roads which require far less maintainence, better vehicles which take less energy but don't lose performance, better renewable technology to reduce resource requirements further. If you listen to what the people are asking for and provide it, you will be well on your way in no time. Don't over-produce, because interest ebbs and flows.

All of these banks and CEOs could've taken their fair pay(instead of excessive bonuses and salary) and invested into these things that are in need and made out exactly the same without the whole market collapse, and without cutting quality, either. But I guess that's what happens when you train your companies in income bubblenautics, and focus only on money as a measure of productivity.

I guess I'm just a no-good no-regulations conservative now, eh?

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
You disappoint me, Nick. Firstly, I didn't know that you were this conservative. Secondly, you didn't use nearly enough negative adjectives.

How about: Obama and the Collapse of the Liberal, Loser, Non-Republican, Democrat, Tree-Hugging, Anti-White, Anti-Rich, Communist Welfare State

Awww, Nick could've gone you way better. Methinks you left out a word or two, eh Nick?

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Uh, yeah i know. That was my point. Dumbass.

And a very weak one that is about to be debunked just like your other assumption failures. As if I've never been with a woman, nor had a lover that was female. Little did you know, but I have. Many times.

What I'm able to do, and what I choose to do are two entirely different things. Don't just look at someone's "percentages" on a message board and just ASSUME that they have never done something. But again, nice fuckin' assumption, you bigoted, discriminative dickhead. That makes you 0 for 3 in one day. Perhaps YOU'RE the one that needs to get laid? :rolleyes:

D

deleted15807

I guess I'm just a no-good no-regulations conservative now, eh?

Regulations are basically laws. Mankind is simply not evolved enough to function without laws. Mankind is inherently evil and greedy and is simply incapable of functioning without oversight.

MercyfulFate

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Regulations are basically laws. Mankind is simply not evolved enough to function without laws. Mankind is inherently evil and greedy and is simply incapable of functioning without oversight.

True, which makes me think we'll never reach a Star Trek like utopia, although that came after World War 3 and the Eugenics Wars.