Obama as "the most successful food stamp president in modern American history."

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_Marius567, May 15, 2011.

1. B_Marius567

B_Marius567 New Member

Gingrich also blasted Obama as "the most successful food stamp president in modern American history." We need jobs, not welfare dependency.

my ex girlfriend only gets 41.00 in food stamps and 700.00 a month in ssd so I wounder who is getting all this money.:mad:

2. uncut_1234

uncut_1234 New Member

Albums:
    good thing shes your ex..

3. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Nothing to see here.
    If it's coming from Gingrich's mouth, then you know it's nothing more than a tired character smear from one of the biggest hypocrites in politics. And to think, if a blowhard like this wins the election we may have our nation's "first mistress" instead of "first lady" in office.

Seriously, how pathetic can we get to actually consider or even vote for this idiot? Chris Matthews couldn't put this in better words. - Hardball with Chris Matthews

Fuck him.

4. uncut_1234

uncut_1234 New Member

Albums:

amazing how people like you turn the thread around and attack a guy who has nothing to do with anything the OP was talking about..
    pathetic bunch you obama supporters.. arnt you embarrassed yet.. ?

5. uncut_1234

uncut_1234 New Member

Albums:
    how pathetic can you get to actually have voted for obama, and still show support him after all he has done !? where are you living, under a rock?

also matthews is a total an utter failure, moron, etc.. this has been proved 10 times over, the guy needs to get off TV

6. SilverTrain

Gold Member

Albums:
    ^^^^^
    Is this the same person who was previously banned under the same or nearly identical username?

7. Stretch

Stretch New Member

I was just assuming the same Silver.

8. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

First off, the OP cited Newt Gingrich so comments about him are more than valid in this discussion. Secondly, suggesting that Obama is the most "successful food stamp president" is not only mind numbingly ignorant, it's just another socially dividing comment to try and keep the masses unfocused on the real issues at hand. I won't even drop the obvious words to describe such an ignorant comment, but one doesn't have to think too hard in order to figure out just how stupid it really is.

If you want to have a real discussion about Welfare, it can be done without resorting to the usual ignorance as bestowed in the thread topic. People grow continually sick and tired of the bullshit, and I for one am more than over it. Besides, if we really want to get down to the nitty gritty, all of this whining and complaining about welfare recipients is nothing more than disingenuous banter from greedy people who want to imply that those who need government assistance are lazy and incompetent. It's a non-issue that doesn't focus on ANY of the problems we're currently experiencing with our current economy, and only a misguided fool would ever be duped into it.

Lastly, sweetie... if your goal is to "embarrass" me, you have to remember that we're on a website where topics range from titty fucking, double anal penetration to Bareback Asian Bukkake. If we can all deal with such graphic content, your little rant won't do a damn thing to invoke any form of remorse.

9. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Gingrich was playing "Dog Whistle" politics when he called President Obama "the most successful food stamp president.

10. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    It was more like a dinner bell :rolleyes:, but I'm still somewhat confused. Is he:

1) Suggesting that his mother availed herself of food stamps when he was growing up;

2) Suggesting that he's increased the amount of public funds available to pay for an added burden of food stamp recipients without mentioning the Great Recession and its associated job losses, all of which were begun under the previous administration;

3) Freely associating food stamps and people of African-American ancestry?

It really could be any of the above, or a mix-up with bits and pieces of subject to interpretation on the part of the GOP base. His messages are becoming more befuddled and confounding then ever since he began toying with a 2012 run.

This is an exceptionally odd post from a totally unknown n00b. Those new rules for this place sure have a way of producing zombie sock-puppets :wink:

11. cruztbone

Gold Member

NEWT is a piece of trash from the 90's. he isnt fit to carry Obama's basketball, let alone be house speaker. POTUS? are you joking? this FATASS cow of the GOP should try living on food stamps that his president , GWB , reduced millions of americans income in order to promote the program. He couldnt live one day on food stamps. He will never serve as president. He is political toast. He is the perfect GOP nominee!!

12. liberalcynic

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'd say he is one of the most successful presidents in US History.

13. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    When his constituency consists of morons, bigots, and anyone else gullible enough to buy into complete bullshit, he can say just about any asshole thing he wants to... as he so often does.

14. ColoradoGuy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Gingrich has watched enough sports to know that the best defense is a good offense. He's just trying to make sure the debate begins with a focus on Obama instead of people asking if this washed-up politician who's been out of the game for 10 years is really qualified to be President. It's a shot across the bow and expected. In fact, I think it will get even nastier from the Gingrich camp.

I think even Republicans will have a hard time defending Gingrich's 'difficulty' with honesty: two divorces, leading the impeachment of President Clinton while admitting to conducting an adulterous relationship with his mistress, and the failure of the 'Contract with America' to do much more than get Republicans elected will no doubt get their fair amount of scrutiny. Somebody with that kind of track record (not to mention his 84 ethics charges -- not 1984 -- eighty-four separate ethics complaints) will have some explaining to do. On top of that, he's 67 years old and will be almost 70 by the time he would take office; despite his loyal followers amid the Republican base, I can't see America's youth or minority votes lining up behind him.

15. Eric_8

Gold Member

I seriously pray every night that Mr. Obama is not reelected.

16. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

If Donald Trump demonstrated anything during his brief dabbling with politics, it can definitely get much nastier and much, much worse. At a time when we really need to be discussing the issues that really affect us as a nation, most of the GOP presidential hopefuls have been doing nothing but engaging in character smearing. Tax Reform, Wall Street & Real Estate Reform, more Health Care Reforms, Energy, the Middle East, Education, Job Creation... that is what people need to hear about. The only time Gingrich can even open his mouth about these things is when he wants to say Obama is wrong, but provides no solutions or any kind of vision to put these things in the right direction. And that's just putting it nicely.

As someone who prays every night for our citizens & electorate to get smarter and more aware of what's going on in Congress, I can tell you wholeheartedly that prayer doesn't work. :biggrin1:

17. Pierced1953

Pierced1953 New Member

Albums:
    I'm not a big Obama fan, actually only a Chicago Cub Fan, but Gingrich is not what we need, sorry Reps. Espically him catering to the southern baptist shows me he's pretty much wrapped up in corruption and nothing but narrows minds come from the ''bible belt''...

With the highest percentage of unemployement ever you can expect food stamps to be the highest ever. I not only blame Obama for not creating jobs but I also blame my buddy GB and that is the main reason why so many are on food stamps.

We hated the way Obama kept blaming Bush for the hand he got dealt, so let's hope we don't go thru that shit again, but we will. They all suck!

18. Pierced1953

Pierced1953 New Member

Albums:
    Forgot....

Donald Trump likes to amuse himself, though his ideas are very tasty. We don't need another one making trouble and costing an election like Sarah did. Though myself, I've run out of parties. I guess that day in 2012 you'll find me at the zoo throwing peanuts to the bears.

19. houtx48

Gold Member

Newt is just running his mouth. He is to old and has to much baggage. Not to mention trying to make a real life home wrecking ho First lady of the land.

20. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Now to add facts to the distortion.
    Obama alone cannot create jobs. He also needs a Congress that is willing to make that a priority and propose legislation that targets that issue. Alas, we look at the bills presented by the House of Representatives and most of the laws they have provided do not do that. Most focus on issues surrounding Women's Rights, cuts to entitlement programs and preserving (if not) giving more tax cuts to the wealthiest people. Perhaps it is still their belief that if you give rich people money they will create jobs? Regardless if that is the long term plan (which most will say doesn't work), creating jobs is something we need to look at as an immediate solution. Giving rich people tax breaks over a period of years in hopes that it spurs on millions of new jobs over several years is not the way to deal with the problem. We also need to focus on necessary infrastructure that we can establish in our country right now, alas, many people are duped into believing that much of this is "excess spending". Which is why something like nationwide High Speed Rail is looked at as unnecessary (even though in a modern society it's essential)... plus it doesn't help matters that funding for such a program is provided by Obama's Stimulus Bill and several opponents to that legislation are mentally pre-programmed to attack it just because it wasn't proposed by a Conservative president. Basically, more politics as usual to appease the simple minded electorates and win elections.

As for people being on Food Stamps? It's safe to say that most people who find themselves on them now are those who once had jobs and were able to take care of their needs, but now find themselves with no work in a job market that doesn't provide them what they need in order to survive. Also, I know a number of women who were stay at home moms with children who became widows. As stated earlier using various words, people like Gingrich use the term "food stamps" as a dog whistle to get the usual yelps and cries from people who tend to be selfish, greedy, and generally uninformed on many of the details that lead our nation to where it is today. It also divides our citizens and makes them point fingers at themselves instead of to the actual individuals in Congress that perpetuate the problem. Food Stamps has never been the reason why we're struggling now... and it never will be.

The truth hurts. The previous administration and their mismanagement helped speed up the process that lead to the current recession. With so many of our GOP members insisting on using dirty rhetoric to imply that the president is "Un-American", we should be glad that Obama isn't returning the favor with equally nasty vitriol. Imagine if the current administration started saying the same things that have been typed on this board? :eek:

#20 B_VinylBoy, May 16, 2011
    Last edited: May 16, 2011
Draft saved Draft deleted