Obama Assassination Plot Foiled

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Principessa, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Principessa

Gold Member

I know those in the rest of the world will think this weird and barbaric; but there really are a huge number of people in America that consider the possibility of a black President to be the begining of the end of America. Some are willing to do anything to stop that from happening. :frown1:

It is my most fervent hope that if elected, he and his family will be safe from assassination attempts. I would hate to see those 2 adorable and precocious little girls have to grow up without a father. :cool:

Just in case there was any doubt, racism is alive and well in America. :frown1: :irked: :12:

ATF: Plot to kill Obama is foiled
    Two Neo-Nazis held in Tennessee; allegedly also planned to kill dozens
    The Associated Press
    updated 7:04 p.m. ET, Mon., Oct. 27, 2008

WASHINGTON - Law enforcement agents have broken up a plot by two neo-Nazi skinheads to assassinate Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama and shoot or decapitate 88 black people, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said Monday.

In court records unsealed Monday in U.S. District Court in Jackson, Tenn., federal agents said they disrupted plans to rob a gun store and target a predominantly African-American high school in a murder spree that was to begin in Tennessee. Agents said the skinheads did not identify the school by name.

Jim Cavanaugh, special agent in charge of ATF's Nashville field office, said the two men planned to kill 88 African Americans, including 14 by beheading. The numbers 88 and 14 are symbolic in the white supremacist community.

The men also sought to go on a national killing spree after the Tennessee murders, with Obama as its final target, Cavanaugh told The Associated Press.

"They said that would be their last, final act — that they would attempt to kill Sen. Obama," Cavanaugh said. "They didn't believe they would be able to do it, but that they would get killed trying."

No immediate comment
    An Obama spokeswoman traveling with the senator in Pennsylvania had no immediate comment.

The men, Daniel Cowart, 20, of Bells, Tenn., and Paul Schlesselman 18, of Helena-West Helena, Ark., are being held without bond. Agents seized a rifle, a sawed-off shotgun and three pistols from the men when they were arrested. Authorities alleged the two men were preparing to break into a gun shop to steal more.

The two men were arrested Oct. 22 by the Crockett County, Tenn., Sheriff's Office. "Once we arrested the defendants and suspected they had violated federal law, we immediately contacted federal authorities," said Crockett County Sheriff Troy Klyce.
    Cowart and Schlesselman are charged with possessing an unregistered firearm, conspiring to steal firearms from a federally licensed gun dealer, and threatening a candidate for president.

The investigation is continuing, and more charges are possible, Cavanaugh said.
    The court records say Cowart and Schlesselman also bought nylon rope and ski masks to use in a robbery or home invasion to fund their spree, during which they allegedly planned to go from state to state and kill people.

Ram vehicle into Obama?
    For the Obama plot, the legal documents show, Cowart and Schlesselman "planned to drive their vehicle as fast as they could toward Obama shooting at him from the windows."

"Both individuals stated they would dress in all white tuxedos and wear top hats during the assassination attempt," the court complaint states. "Both individuals further stated they knew they would and were willing to die during this attempt."
    Cavanaugh said there's no evidence — so far — that others were willing to assist Cowart and Schlesselman with the plot.

He said authorities took the threats very seriously.

"They seemed determined to do it," Cavanaugh said. "Even if they were just to try it, it would be a trail of tears around the South."

The court documents say the two men met about a month ago on the Internet and found common ground in their shared "white power" and "skinhead" philosophy.

14, 88 are skinhead symbols
    The numbers 14 and 88 are symbols in skinhead culture, referring to a 14-word phrase attributed to an imprisoned white supremacist: "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children" and to the eighth letter of the alphabet, H. Two "8"s or "H"s stand for "Heil Hitler."

Helena-West Helena, on the Mississippi River in east Arkansas' Delta, is in one of the nation's poorest regions, trailing even parts of Appalachia in its standard of living. Police Chief Fred Fielder said he had never heard of Schlesselman.
    However, the reported threat of attacking a school filled with black students worried Fielder. Helena-West Helena, with a population of 12,200, is 66 percent black. "Predominantly black school, take your pick," he said.

© 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

2. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    Good, so they caught Trinity?

3. Principessa

Gold Member

Play nice Marley. The article clearly states it was two young men. Dumb, young men, but men none the less. :rolleyes:

What gets me, is that step one in their ridiculous plot was to steal guns. What kind of self-respecting hillbilly racist doesn't already have his own arsenal? :confused:

4. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    Again, I ask, they caught Trinity?:wink: I didn't think anyone actually believed that Trinity was a female.

They had to pawn their armament so they could pay for their wedding, their sisters have expensive taste.

5. nashboy

nashboy Active Member

Albums:
    of course its where i live...geez...(embarassed)

6. Principessa

Gold Member

That's okay babe, anyone with a sweet ass like yours can't possibly be a racist. :wink:

7. D_Marazion Analdouche

This gives people that shave their heads a bad name.

Hopefully, these people will never see the light of day again.

8. D_Marazion Analdouche

Double post.

#8 D_Marazion Analdouche, Oct 28, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
  9. OCMuscleJock

Gold Member

Albums:
    it's ok Nash... I'll comfort you when i'm home in KY over the holidays...
    :)

10. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

The McCain Palin campaign has been actively fomenting this anti-Obama racist over-reaction.

In paid commercials and TV appearances they disavow any rabble rousing...
    But at their campaign stops and stump speeches they routinely bring out Warm Up acts that get folks all riled up, hooting, booing and shouting hate filled speech... and then the candidates come out and play to the mob they just encouraged.

Its pathetic and worse- plain dangerous.

If someone assassinates Obama... a large share of the blame will go on the shoulders of the Republican party and its twisted promotion of fear and hate.

After THIS campaign.....If someone assassinates Obama... the tapes of these speeches and ads and robocalls will be played over and over...

....it would be the actual END of the republican party in America.

Republicans must repudiate this evil and reckless tactic, and punish their party for sinking so low.

They must desert in large numbers, for the sake of saving the republican party from its own sick excesses.

11. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

I do hope for the sake of your country that Obama wins.
    I also hope that he has his ducks in a row so he can take the steps needed to turn your country around the second he is in office.
    Lets hope some of those measures will stick and that Biden can step into his shoes smoothly when he does end up wearing a bullet.
    As I have said and I will say it again, when I look at Obama, I see a dead man walking.

12. Penis Aficionado

Gold Member

I won't totally disagree that "racism is alive and well in America" -- but *this* kind of racism is a dying, sputtering gasp from the fringes of society. Look at these two morons -- and all the folks who make up the remnants of the movement that fought to keep the South segregated 40 years ago. They have no power in this society whatsoever, except for the brute power they can exercise with their guns. Only they can't even afford guns!

When people get all worked up over a couple of hillbillies talking shit about niggers, it just distracts our attention from the real racists -- the powerful racists who continue to insist on waging a "war on drugs," while the country's infrastructure and public schools fall apart.

13. swordfishME

swordfishME Member

This is sad but this is goin go to happen. Anyone who thinks that the secret service will not have to be extra vigilant around the Obama family is frankly deluding themselves. Every President has had to face assisination attempts on some level (most non-publicisized) but with Obama the frequence is bound to increase. That is just the sad way it is going to be.

14. D_Joseba_Guntertwat

D_Joseba_Guntertwat New Member

Isn't it kind of ironic that white supremacists always turn out to be really incompetent? :p

15. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    This story is making headlines as a plot to assassinate Senator Obama. But that idea was only step 2 of their plot, and would almost certainly never have come to anything even if the plotters had not been arrested. Step 1 was to go to a predominantly African-American high school and commit mass murder. THAT part of the plot, it seems to me, had only too good a chance of succeeding, because we have seen this sort of thing done so many times already, though not yet with the specific racist angle.

16. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    #16 SpeedoGuy, Oct 28, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
  17. D_Ephraim Rippedring

Personally I think he's a good man. I disagree with some of his policies, but he does have his countries best interest at heart. It would be tragic to think that him, and his family are targeted for something as primitive as the colour of there skin. However, thats the world we live in. :frown1:

Its just nice too know that the people who would perform these acts are both a extreme minority and have very little resources to them.

18. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Oh, Phil, you know I'm your biggest fan, but come on, let's not go over the top. The Republicans absolutely must repudiate this heineous act--which made me sick to my stomach when I heard--as any sane person must, but it's not the end of the party. You really lose people when you resort to hyperbole (not me, buddy, I'm just talking debate points here).

I've talked about my mother who's the world's biggest knee-jerk republican fiscally but a genuine social democrat in her heart. She told me this summer that she thought the country wasn't ready for a black president because she was afraid he'd be assinated and I went a little nuts saying that if that was a reason not to vote for someone that was insane and reminding her that the country had seen an assination attempt of Regan on TV; not to mention that that goes with the job, period.

You what? Fact is, it is going to be worse for Barack. I hate, hate, HATE it!! And when it came true, already, it made me sick. Have the Republicans been responsible for stirring up passions against him? Sure, but they have done a lot of it in the context of legitimate passion against a rival candidate and who's to say where the racial line begins.

All of us need to try to calm down. Let's wait, watch and be wary. The psychotics will come out from under their rocks and there will be more of them this time around. It would speak well of us as a people to band together against them rather than try to assign blame for who created them.

19. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    I just love how the news keeps repeating that Obama was never in any danger... if this happened to McCain and the guys were black instead of white... the rednecks would be hunting down black folk in their Hummers and the nation would be under threat level RED!!!

Those fucking white trash piles of elephant shit should be thrown in jail for fucking LIFE!!!!!

20. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thank you, Nick.

Draft saved Draft deleted