Obama at Prayer Breakfast

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Pitbull, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Pitbull

Gold Member

2. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    This boring pointless uninteresting topic doesn't need to be resurrected. Thank you.

3. Pitbull

Gold Member

Obama thanks you for not questioning him.

4. midlifebear

Gold Member

Dear Pit(h)bull:

Are you really "one of them"? You think the current President is not a natural-born citizen or recognized as such according to the laws of the USA? Do you need to talk to someone who can hold your hand and pretend to be sympathetic? Until you have anything "interesting" to post, maybe you should restrict yourself to sending PMs to the He/She and Holy It?

5. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm just finding all attempts to knock the president over getting to the overly thin point. I accept he is president. He can do things his way. He can pass or fail.

If he goes through four years and doesn't win another term, are you still going to try to invalidate all that has gone by?

I do have the right to push aside your opinions. It is the American way. If you write something on an open forum, I have the right to dismiss it.

6. Pitbull

Gold Member

Love your signature.
    Glad to see you practice what you preach and don't bother to think. :smile:

7. SilverTrain

Gold Member

Albums:
    It's posts like this that cause people to not take seriously anything else you say.

8. Pitbull

Gold Member

Too bad you were not at the Prayer Breakfast
    You could have had a big piping hot bowl of
    OBAMA BULLSHIT

Yum Yum :tongue:

9. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

Just wondering...with all the fanatacism about the religious right on this forum; with the prayer breakfasts, etc., is Obama considered the 'religious left' Because he didn't/doesn't support gay marriage and hasn't assisted gays in any way, nor will he be in the future.

10. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    You're Wrong:
    Obama Signs Historic Federal LGBT Hate Crimes Legislation

"Now, speaking of that, there is one more long-awaited change contained within this legislation that I'll be talking about a little more later today. After more than a decade of opposition and delay, we've passed inclusive hate crimes legislation to help protect our citizens from violence based on what they look like, who they love, how they pray, or who they are. I promised Judy Shepard, when she saw me in the Oval Office, that this day would come, and I'm glad that she and her husband Dennis could join us for this event. I'm also honored to have the family of the late Senator Ted Kennedy, who fought so hard for this legislation. And Vicki and Patrick, Kara, everybody who's here, I just want you all to know how proud we are of the work that Ted did to help this day -- make this day possible. So -- and thank you for joining us here today. (Applause.) So, with that, I'm going to sign this piece of legislation."

Obama Signs Historic Federal LGBT Hate Crimes Legislation - Towleroad, More than gay news. More gay men

This was the FIRST piece of Federalization EVER that addresses discrimination against Gay people.

11. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm so happy to note that you don't understand the joke. Tells me a bit about you.

12. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, IS, but isn't this legislation aimed at prosecuting the perpetrators of hate crimes?

I don't really see anything that opens up rights for gays or gives them equality in any way.

It is legislation that needed to be passed. But punishing people for beating up gays isn't really a landmark leap for gay rights.

If I am wrong, feel free to correct me. I'm just not seeing anything Obama has done or plans to do for creating equality for gays or further moving gay marriage forward....or any rights for gays for that matter.

13. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    If there were no laws banning the public hanging of select individuals, then those folks would be in trouble. I don't know why you have trouble seeing the obvious. Here is a legislative bit that is a step in the right direction. I know some folks want the end result now, but consider racial segregation to the current sexual segregation. In time all results will be in. There are more freedoms for black men and women.

14. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Are you kidding me. MANY Gay rights organizations have been fighting for this legislation for YEARS under the threat of a Bush Veto. It absolutely is a landmark piece of legislation. It is the FIRST time the Federal Government has done anything to PROTECT Gay people. You're right, it is legislation aimed at prosecuting the perpetrators of hate crimes. It's a big deal when the federal Government finally codifies into law Protections for you rather than threatens to take away or deny your rights.

15. D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

I'd like to see a birth certificate too.

16. Zeuhl34

Gold Member

Albums:
    Pitbull, drop it already. He has proven beyond a reasonable doubt (keyword there being "reasonable") that he is indeed a natural-born citizen of the United States. I also wish there were a way I could call you a dumbass without also bumping this tinfoil-hat drivel.

17. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

It was only a matter of time before another asinine birther thread would emerge.
    Really, Pitbull... shut the fuck up already. You're stuck with Obama till at least 2012. Deal with it or move to Canada.

18. Pitbull

Gold Member

What :eek:
    He released his birth certificate today????
    Guess I and everyone else in the world except you missed that.

19. SilverTrain

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yeah.

It's in a glass case along with GWBush's, Clinton's, GHWBush's, Reagan's, Carter's, Ford's, Nixon's, Johnson's, Kennedy's, Ike's......

Frigging idiot.

20. Pitbull

Gold Member

Really???

Where is that glass case.
    I'd like to see Obama's birth certificate.

Frigging idiot.

Draft saved Draft deleted