Obama/Biden '08

funnyguy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Biden brings his great foreign policy+judiciary experience and he can be very aggressive (salty) in his retorts--sometimes too lengthy, though. I think he is better than Bayh and don't know much about Keane. I think it is a good choice. He'll run circles around a GOP Veep-anyone of them!

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Biden is not the most exciting choice but he is almost the best Obama could do.

Biden brings a lot to the table- solid foriegn policy credentials, washington experience and he is the attack dog that Obama needs to counter the republicans whilst maintaning his Mr. Good Guy image.

On the Con side, the "Change" Mantra of the Obama campaign is a bit dented by the choice of a White Man who has been in the Senate since Nixon was in the White House.

It proves in the end that he could not stomach having Clinton on the ticket even though it would have united the democratic party like nobody's business.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Bad choice.

We have Obama on one hand who several persons still refer to as Osama. Then we have Biden which is the first and last letters of Bin Laden. Oh I can see this working real well. It is not to say that either of them is involved with Bin Laden, however, the letters are set like concrete in the minds of the American voter.

Next the initials O/B. I keep thinking Obi wan Kenobi. Do we really need Star Wars as part of the campaign?

Then we have the Joe Biden health issues-nothing like dragging in another ancient goat who had brain cancer (yeah, I know a politician with brain cancer, it doesn't seem possible). I would say his conveniently timed jaunts over to Georgia to interfere with things there in the last month added to his star{t) power. Sure he has foreign affairs as part of his past, however, he is also so well entrenched a part of D.C. that he is exactly opposite of the Obama mantra of change.

Other than his Mexican heritage which would offend many idiots out there, what was wrong with Bill Richardson? The man is well rounded in the workings of government and has been involved with foreign affairs. Richardson has a connection to D.C.; however, he has shown that he is not going to be beholden to them-he's clearly his own man as was shown when he stood up to the Clintons and did not back Hillary as a candidate.

Looking at the photos of Obama and Biden next to each other is frightening. Frightening for Obama that is. Biden looks like he should be Obama's mentor. In photo appearances, it will seem more like Biden should be at the top of the ticket. Obama would have done better with either a younger candidate, or at least somebody who looked a little younger than Biden.

Guess this means Hillary will get the nod after all-we all knew there was some reason there'd be a run of the votes for her at the convention.

Stupid move on the part of Obama to go this way.

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Bad choice.

We have Obama on one hand who several persons still refer to as Osama. Then we have Biden which is the first and last letters of Bin Laden. Oh I can see this working real well. It is not to say that either of them is involved with Bin Laden, however, the letters are set like concrete in the minds of the American voter.

Next the initials O/B. I keep thinking Obi wan Kenobi. Do we really need Star Wars as part of the campaign?

Then we have the Joe Biden health issues-nothing like dragging in another ancient goat who had brain cancer (yeah, I know a politician with brain cancer, it doesn't seem possible). I would say his conveniently timed jaunts over to Georgia to interfere with things there in the last month added to his star{t) power. Sure he has foreign affairs as part of his past, however, he is also so well entrenched a part of D.C. that he is exactly opposite of the Obama mantra of change.

Other than his Mexican heritage which would offend many idiots out there, what was wrong with Bill Richardson? The man is well rounded in the workings of government and has been involved with foreign affairs. Richardson has a connection to D.C.; however, he has shown that he is not going to be beholden to them-he's clearly his own man as was shown when he stood up to the Clintons and did not back Hillary as a candidate.

Looking at the photos of Obama and Biden next to each other is frightening. Frightening for Obama that is. Biden looks like he should be Obama's mentor. In photo appearances, it will seem more like Biden should be at the top of the ticket. Obama would have done better with either a younger candidate, or at least somebody who looked a little younger than Biden.

Guess this means Hillary will get the nod after all-we all knew there was some reason there'd be a run of the votes for her at the convention.

Stupid move on the part of Obama to go this way.

I dont necessairly believe this was the worst move he could have made. I am sure he would have loved to pick someone fresh, an out of the box thinker but that would have been a losing ticket.

I was somewhat certain that he was going to pick Clinton. The Clintons are featured so prominently at the convention that it made sense that he was going to pick her, now it just seems wierd. It now seems that the Clintons still have something up their sleeve. Wonder what it is?

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
given that their views are generally 180 degrees apart, don"t see how they can work together

unless of course, Obama is willing to compromise on his leftist positions

either that, or he is just selecting so much window dressing to simply win the election, after which, Biden would be ignored

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
I'm loving it. Both of these men are able to speak clearly and forcefully without sounding like some sort of wind up doll. They seem to be able to think in real time and respond sincerely. To me that's rare among politicians.

beretta8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It now seems that the Clintons still have something up their sleeve. Wonder what it is?

**Cough Supreme**cough Court cough***hack***phlegm****clearing throat****

Hmm, interpreting laws would make for interesting business opportunities...wouldn't it?......

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
he's got some cred where 'Bama was a bit shaky.

striking understatement

almost as striking as the loud and clear admission by Democratic strategists that this choice underscores Obama's unelectability, given that it recognizes Obama's rhetoric and positions do not resonate with the American electorate

D

deleted213967

Hmm... a 6-term Senator. Sounds to me like a play out of the Karl Rove playbook with a Cheney-esque pick. Aren't these the same people who claim GWB is merely a puppet with Cheney's hand up his ass? I do hope Barack enjoys being fisted. :biggrin1: And how does a pick of Joe Biden fit with the whole "change" thing, exactly?

:rolleyes:

Hush!

Who do you think would pay for the premium lube for 4 years?

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Biden's strong on foreign policy, strong on national security, holds the "experience" card. He plays well with working class and Catholic voters and in states where Hillary was running strong. He's outspoken and well spoken. It may seem a "safe" choice, but it's a good, logical and, in the best sense of the word, politic one. Barack doesn't have any room for mis-steps in this campaign. None at all. (Oh, and people, please don't take this last statement and run with it. That would be too facile. You know what I mean.)

Last edited:
D

deleted213967

Last month the rumor was that Condi Rice was on his short list. :eek:

I spread that rumor :biggrin1:.

When things would go bad (err....I meant even worse) for the nation, she would play soothing Brahms piano concertos for us on NPR.

D

deleted213967

It may seem a "safe" choice, but it's a good, logical and, in the best sense of the word, politic one.

I knew Obama was a closet Vulcan. :rolleyes:

Whatever happened to the beloved Obama of yesteryear? Did he head for Washington, where good ideas go to die?

Is there a good idea Heaven momsie?

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Yeah, I know. How f-ing unfortunate is it that you gotta do what you gotta do to get elected in this country? Everyone has to moderate...until they get to the point where they're in a position to put their vision into effect. Of course, getting to Washington, ultimtely, is the point.